Statement released by former RST Secretary

boss

as I said last night , this was an absolute horses arse of a statement .

The thread remains locked , and while I`m not bothered about it either way as I have no desire to get caught up in a bigger dick competition , despite being told that it would re-open for debate when tempers had cooled .

I decided a long time ago that I wouldn`t take sides in the debate as I believe the RST are a busted flush and have been for a long time ( even if that sounds like I`m taking sides ).

In my opinion a supporters trust should be doing things for the supporters , ideas of ownership are too much for me .

Lets try to get ticket prices down , lets try to get better facilities for fans , lets try to stop folk being lifted and thrown out of Ibrox for having the audacity to stand up and sing .

Thats a fans group

thats more the job of the assembly though.

supportest trusts really are about ownership.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some supporters trusts portray themselves being about ownership

Some don`t .

I know one of the guys on the Airdrie trust , he is of the opinion that they are there to do a job for the supporters and little else.

Doesn`t stop him raising money for the club though

If thats the Assembly job then they need to be more vocal about it

In that case, the RST should be binned completely then.

How could any true Rangers fan trust these guys to run, or help to run, a club the size of Rangers when they are incapable of running a small RST?

How could any true Rangers fan trust these guys to run, or help to run, a club the size of Rangers when they are incapable of running a small RST?

I believe they insist that they will get a bigger boy to run it

they would never run the club.

if the fans ever bought the club they would appoint someone to run it.

i have seen donald muirs name mentioned on here as such a person.

what are your questions ill hapily give you my understanding on them

2 years too late with this now, I wouldnt give a penny to the RST now until this mess (thats being polite) is squared away.

Edgar when he first appeared on the scene I thought was spot on with almost everything he said, well spoken and represented the fans well. After Bucharest I think it was? Some geezer with long shaggy hair and a thrown together suit appeared on TV slating certain elements of the Rangers support on behalf of the RST and called for them to be shopped in. He wasn't even in Bucharest and for a fans representative to slate something so small scale without even witnessing it soured my opinion of him straight away.

All the accounts stuff is a bit over my head, I just want to be represented as a Rangers supporter by like minded bears not interested in making a quick buck, lending money or resting money in accounts or whatever the fuck has been going on.

The link with FF and the stuff that comes with that website is a major turn off for a large percentage of the Rangers support, infact I would go as far as saying the majority. As soon as you speak against the majority, you were branded a trouble maker and banned sin die. How can you possible be impartial among a support as large as the Rangers one while having such close ties with a website that is widely disliked among the Rangers support?

Just my opinion though and I fully await yet another slating from the RST lads that frequent this site.

EDIT: Also, when questioned they always came out on the attack instead of answering the bloody questions aimed at them !

The thread remains locked , and while I`m not bothered about it either way as I have no desire to get caught up in a bigger dick competition , despite being told that it would re-open for debate when tempers had cooled .

I decided a long time ago that I wouldn`t take sides in the debate as I believe the RST are a busted flush and have been for a long time ( even if that sounds like I`m taking sides ).

In my opinion a supporters trust should be doing things for the supporters , ideas of ownership are too much for me .

Lets try to get ticket prices down , lets try to get better facilities for fans , lets try to stop folk being lifted and thrown out of Ibrox for having the audacity to stand up and sing .

Thats a fans group

Cracking post mate, spot on.

Fucking hell some sense at last.

That in my eyes is what a supporters Trust should be. A kind of Trade Union for the fan who are the go betweens from the fan to the board of RFC.

Attempting to take over the club or have a fan on the board was an ambition too far and out of touch with your ordinary fan.

The vast majority of our fans don't use the forums therefore they only focus on the football and what they see in and around the stadium on match days.

It might be unpalatable for those of us who look a bit deeper but they want the team to win and the stadium to be in good nick and get served at the food kiosks.And Maybe just maybe they want someone to tell the media to go take a fuck to themselves every now and again.

To me the RST has to rid itself of the old guard either voluntarily or by other democratic means.

They then need to get people on board who can look after the website,the finances and the communication aspects between the members and the trust.

They need to write to them more often they need to involve them more often they need to engage with them more often.

They need to be more high profile and have clear and concise aims and policies.

A stall outside Ibrox or the Subways every match day.

They need to LISTEN above all.

I know it gets shot down as a bit "life of Brian" after a while but the name has to go as well.

it needs a new start , it needs redoing from top to bottom .

That is an opinion of the Trust , not those running it because its not an argument that I`m getting drawn into .

Nice to see you again , I hope all is well

2 years too late with this now, I wouldnt give a penny to the RST now until this mess (thats being polite) is squared away.

Edgar when he first appeared on the scene I thought was spot on with almost everything he said, well spoken and represented the fans well. After Bucharest I think it was? Some geezer with long shaggy hair and a thrown together suit appeared on TV slating certain elements of the Rangers support on behalf of the RST and called for them to be shopped in. He wasn't even in Bucharest and for a fans representative to slate something so small scale without even witnessing it soured my opinion of him straight away.

All the accounts stuff is a bit over my head, I just want to be represented as a Rangers supporter by like minded bears not interested in making a quick buck, lending money or resting money in accounts or whatever the fuck has been going on.

The link with FF and the stuff that comes with that website is a major turn off for a large percentage of the Rangers support, infact I would go as far as saying the majority. As soon as you speak against the majority, you were branded a trouble maker and banned sin die. How can you possible be impartial among a support as large as the Rangers one while having such close ties with a website that is widely disliked among the Rangers support?

Just my opinion though and I fully await yet another slating from the RST lads that frequent this site.

I really don't see what they have to slate you about with this post - seems fair enough to me.

The more I read about the RST, the more I feel it's being run by a dictator, and people can't seem to do anything about it without fear of reprisals and threats.

Not the way I would expect the Trust of one of the world's biggest footballing institutions to be run.

EDIT: Also, when questioned they always came out on the attack instead of answering the bloody questions aimed at them !

followfollow isnt widely disliked among bears. its got tens of thousands of members and many others get their news from it second hand.

i never met a bear who had a bad word to say about it in the flesh.

perhaps the few remaining murrayites would have an issue with it but anyone that ill informed would be unlikley to have heard of it.

followfollow isnt widely disliked among bears. its got tens of thousands of members and many others get their news from it second hand.

perhaps the few remaining murrayites would have an issue with it but anyone that ill informed would be unlikley to have heard of it.

a. I think you will find it most certainly is.

b. I suppose it depends on what company you keep

Thats a fans group

Man speaks much sense. (tu)

Where abouts do you stay? Outer Mongolia?

Out of the bears I know that travel most weeks to the football, be it Ibrox or Pittodrie, they all say the same thing about the site. Cracking hub for information but riddled with arseholes that have a mine or no-ones opinion.

I guarantee if I registered within the week I would be branded a tim, an arsehole or my point would be invalid because I only have 10 posts and spoke out against the majority. How is that a good reputation to have? Especially to be linked in with the RST.

I had a load of good mates on FF, a load of lads that knew what it was all about to follow Rangers win lose or draw and the majority of them have jumped ship now. Once again, how is that a good link to have with the RST?

Also when you say 10's of thousands of members, how many of them are duplicate accounts, t*rriers or lads that havent posted for years. Probably thousands of them.

I prefer to be in a tight knit community where Bears are welcome no matter what the opinions are, Follow Follow isn't that place.

EDIT: Once again though its the petty questions that get answered and FF gets defended, the main points about the RST get ignored completely.

I know it gets shot down as a bit "life of Brian" after a while but the name has to go as well.

it needs a new start , it needs redoing from top to bottom .

That is an opinion of the Trust , not those running it because its not an argument that I`m getting drawn into .

Nice to see you again , I hope all is well

One day at a time RWA but suffice to say we are at a place i never thought we would see 2 years ago.

One day at a time RWA but suffice to say we are at a place i never thought we would see 2 years ago.

I`m glad to hear it .

I promised something for auction some time ago , I still have it and its yours for any fundraising that you want to do with it

A signed Barry picture , I`m sure someone will want it :D

Thats a fans group

I honestly believe that most of the participants in this 'debate' want the same thing, they want a trust that does what it says on the tin, that wins the small battles and slowly builds into a reasonable force, one that the board will have to listen to. At the moment it's neither fish nor fowl, it's not a pressure group and it's not a vehicle for supporter representation, it's dead in the water and root & branch reform is needed.

For the RST to survive people on all sides are going to have to sit round a table with individuals that they don't particularly care for and thrash things out for the good of the RST and Rangers supporters in general. Now without getting into a he said - she said thing, there's only one side of the 'debate' making that kind of noises.

I honestly believe that most of the participants in this 'debate' want the same thing, they want a trust that does what it says on the tin, that wins the small battles and slowly builds into a reasonable force, one that the board will have to listen to. At the moment it's neither fish nor fowl, it's not a pressure group and it's not a vehicle for supporter representation, it's dead in the water and root & branch reform is needed.

For the RST to survive people on all sides are going to have to sit round a table with individuals that they don't particularly care for and thrash things out for the good of the RST and Rangers supporters in general. Now without getting into a he said - she said thing, there's only one side of the 'debate' making that kind of noises.

I agree that there has to be dialogue if it is to continue in its current form , I`ve said as much on FF when I dip my toe into these debates

for me , the current form is about as much use as a beached whale though

Are the RST willing to engage in debate though?

Been made pretty clear on here and elsewhere that the very people they see as "stirrers" are more than willing to sit down and attempt to resolve these issues.(If indeed they can be resolved)

The fact we are even talking about it and wanting an RST must count for something surely?

Are the RST willing to engage in debate though?

Been made pretty clear on here and elsewhere that the very people they see as "stirrers" are more than willing to sit down and attempt to resolve these issues.(If indeed they can be resolved)

The fact we are even talking about it and wanting an RST must count for something surely?

No idea and not the side of the debate that I`m going down :D

I`ve stated my opinion on the Trust as an organisation , I`ve stated that they are a busted flush under the current set-up .

will they change ? I think we`d both be betting on the same horse in that argument

Where abouts do you stay? Outer Mongolia?

Out of the bears I know that travel most weeks to the football, be it Ibrox or Pittodrie, they all say the same thing about the site. Cracking hub for information but riddled with arseholes that have a mine or no-ones opinion.

I guarantee if I registered within the week I would be branded a tim, an arsehole or my point would be invalid because I only have 10 posts and spoke out against the majority. How is that a good reputation to have? Especially to be linked in with the RST.

I had a load of good mates on FF, a load of lads that knew what it was all about to follow Rangers win lose or draw and the majority of them have jumped ship now. Once again, how is that a good link to have with the RST?

Also when you say 10's of thousands of members, how many of them are duplicate accounts, t*rriers or lads that havent posted for years. Probably thousands of them.

I prefer to be in a tight knit community where Bears are welcome no matter what the opinions are, Follow Follow isn't that place.

EDIT: Once again though its the petty questions that get answered and FF gets defended, the main points about the RST get ignored completely.

i was branded a tim and told i was an idiot on here inside 10 posts.

even allowing for duplicate members and such its still 100s of times bigger than any other rangers site.

i was branded a tim and told i was an idiot on here inside 10 posts.

even allowing for duplicate members and such its still 100s of times bigger than any other rangers site.

Not even any point in replying to you now. <cr>

Thats a fans group

Good sensible post RWA.

Sorry, fucking loathe the mentality of that place.

Banned for fuck all, will always bear a grudge.

Doubt I'm the only one.