Zurab would welcome return to Rangers.

robroy72

Blackburn defender Zurab Khizanishvili has revealed he would relish the opportunity to return to Rangers later in his career.

The Georgian centre-back moved from Ibrox to Ewood Park in 2005, initially on loan, and made the switch permanent last summer.

He had spent two seasons with Rangers but left after falling out of favour with then manager Alex McLeish.

Now 25, Khizanishvili is enjoying his role with the Barclays Premiership side but revealed he has unfinished business in Scottish football.

He told Rangers News: "I would love to come back and play for Rangers.

"I am only 25 and I don't want to think too far ahead yet but in the coming years I would love to return to Ibrox.

"It's obviously not just up to me, the manager would have to want me too but it is something I would like to see happen very much.

"I love Scotland, I love Rangers and I love the fans.

"It was a difficult decision to leave because I was very happy in Glasgow, I had a lot of friends and I really loved playing for the club."

decent centre back but lost his concentration too often for my liking. Still think we should have sold him for far more than we did though. I bet if we tried to get him back blackburn would want £2m+

If he comes back we'll have to ask all the others teams in the SPL not to play big, rough centre-forwards. :rolleyes:

(tu)

Zurabs shite.

Looks good in the EPL as it's a slower less physical league. He was bollocks here when played at CH.

If he comes back we'll have to ask all the others teams in the SPL not to play big, rough centre-forwards. :rolleyes:

(tu)

Zurabs shite.

Looks good in the EPL as it's a slower less physical league. He was bollocks here when played at CH.

EPL is miles faster than SPL and remember Boumsong could not handle the pace or the physical stuff there.Zurab was fine when he played in central defence but got blamed for 2 goals against "them"when maybe his partner was at fault for at least one.

we could put a big guy beside him ;)

and was this from this week's Rangers News ?

Good idea, and ask the opposition if they would mind awfully playing any high balls towards our big guy. (header)

"I would love to come back and play for Rangers!".

"I love Scotland, I love Rangers and I love the fans".

I'd have Zurab back. Miles better than Papac, Ehiogu and Svensson. McLeish made a big mistake by getting rid of him!