Laptop dead

fog

Aw well you're fucked then...

Just kidding, what does it actually say? Is it a specific error?

something about the display driver failing but the BSOD only stays on for like a second before trying to reboot

I very rarely have problems like this, apart from my laptop being a heap of shit and falling to pieces, it's never given me any proper hassle, so I couldn't really tell you but if you can see this link: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/756757-bsod-loop-video-driver-failed.html (Dunno if you're on a phone or not) you could try some of the suggestions on there since it looks to be the same problem.

perhaps its a potential hardware issue mate

something fried inside the thing, causing the failure perhaps?

I'm thinking it's the motherboard or graphic card that's fried. Going to try boot up Linux from disc and see if that runs. If it does then it's some file that's messed rather than hardware

I'm thinking it's the motherboard or graphic card that's fried. Going to try boot up Linux from disc and see if that runs. If it does then it's some file that's messed rather than hardware

Could be your memory, probably cheaper to replace that as a check before anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

It's an error with the graphics card / onboard graphics. Display driver is always something to do with graphics. If all else fails I'd recommend a reinstall of your operating system.

I did this :lol: still did the same :(

It's a perplexing one cause it screams hardware problem to me but if the graphics card or onboard graphics were completely fucked then you wouldn't even see the BIOS screen. (daft question) You tried booting up in safe mode? If you can then you can reinstall your drivers and see if it works. If you have the CD start in safe mode. If not, start in safe mode with networking and download the drivers.