Firefox not responding

ScottBogle

So, Came onto the laptop today and i had a wee thing from windows in thr Tray, So i clicked it and it said the there are updates '' Windows live essentials 2011 '' or something, i downloaded it and my MSN is now all wierd as fuck like its sowing all my facebook contacts instead of Msn <cr>

I went onto firefox and after about 1 seconds it stoppd Responding then the wee wheel thing goes roundand round, After about the 3rd time this happened i just left it for about 15 mins, But it was still spinning <cr>

My whole laptop is fucked with this stupid fucking Update, So i think...........

Any ideas ?

If it is the Windows Live update that's causing the problems, and if you have Vista, easiest way to get shot of it is:-

Control Panel>Windows Update>View Update History>Installed Updates(hyperlink in text at the top of the screen). Let it work through viewing all your updates. Find the Windows Live Essentials update and click uninstall. (tu)

Firefox is still not responding,

<cr>

It's probably something to do with the version of FF you're using. apparently anything from FFv 2.6 upwards is honking. Try the Firefox help forum to see if you can get any help mate! (tu) Might also be one of your add-on's mate....might have stopped it working all together. You could try stripping them off one by one and seeing if that makes any difference.

Might also give you tips on how to install a previous...safe version! http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox+Help?style_mode=inproduct

It's probably something to do with the version of FF you're using. apparently anything from FFv 2.6 upwards is honking. Try the Firefox help forum to see if you can get any help mate! (tu) Might also be one of your add-on's mate....might have stopped it working all together. You could try stripping them off one by one and seeing if that makes any difference.

Might also give you tips on how to install a previous...safe version! http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox+Help?style_mode=inproduct

Go onto the Link the look ate ''Or try the following'' and look at the bottom row in front of downloads :lol:

Anyway...

Thanks for your help mate, Its doing my head in