Where we really need to strengthen..

Thommo

Firstly, I don't want to start pushing any panic buttons as the team have been magnificent this season but there are some areas we really need to strengthen.

Right back - I don't like pointing the finger at Whittaker but he is a woeful defender. He can run up the wing all he likes but his defending is terrible. A solid defensive minded player is required IMO.

Creative midfielder - Someone like Alexei Eremenko who has been mentioned many times on here who can whip in a good corner and a very dangerous free kick. The amount of set-pieces we waste are beginning to really annoy me.

I'd also like to see us bring in a centre back which is the more obvious suggestion as this will probably be Davie's last year.

Thoughts?

Without pushing the panic button I really think we could do with strengthening all over the park.

Defence is leaky and offers nothing going forward (like attacking full-backs), midfield gets over-run, passed off the park every week and has no creativity, and up front we rely on Miller week in week out to make the difference, though hopefully Jelavic will bag a few when he's back.

this is the big worry we cant strengthen and were getting worse by the week, weve dropped 7 points recently and struggled badly in other games. the t*rriers can strengthen in jan and if the lurgan bigot gets lucky and gets it right, we could be in trouble. we had a chance to build a lead over them and weve blown it

A right back, a centre back and a creative centre midfielder would do. Left wing, I think we could have sorted. We have Naismith performing well, then there's Kerkar and Wylde coming through.

Hutton, Cuellar and Ferguson?

:craphead:

In an ideal world: RB, CB, LB, CM, RM/LM.

Our fullbacks are poor, that includes Papac. Weir is finished, we lack a holding/central midfielder and creativity/playmaker.

Yes indeed. Most of all we lack pace and motivation in the SPL. Attitude! We need that most of all.

Right back

Left Back

Centre half

Left midfielder

Right midfielder

5 players short of having players in their correct positions and able to take our club forward, they dont need to be world beaters, just able footballers desperate to give 100% to our club, thats all we ask.

I can think of 5 or 6 i would like to get rid of if we need to free up wages, which we shouldnt, the squad and wage bill is small enough!

I think a blind man on a charging horse could see where we need changes made...and soon, but there doesn't seem to be the funds available to accomodate these, so we have to pinpoint the most VITAL areas and do something about it,because our luck will run out otherwise.

This is where I see our biggest needs at the moment in order of urgency.

#1...Sell Whittaker and bring in A PROPER fucking right back who knows how to defend first and foremost

#2...A left midfielder...If we are not going to use Weiss on the right hand side and get to see his full potential, get him back to Man. City because keeping him to play on the left is a total waste of wages that could be used to get a player for the left (If Walter doesn't think we have a young fella that can do the job.

#3...Equally important is another central defender (for obvious reasons) and/or a midfield general who can pass a ball to a fucking team mate and control the tempo of the game (Steven Davis should be that man, but he isn't at the races this season, unfortunately)

If we rectify these glaring problems in our team, we will stroll the league...If we don't, we could possibly pay the price for it.