Transfer strategy

BILLYSNOVO

Another transfer window fuckin pantomine!

Heres what i think.

Walter comes out saying we cannot buy till we sell

cue huge disappointment from all of us

But if the following happens walters initial outline to the fans will cushion the blow of losing miller

We then sell Miller for £1m (good deal for6 months left on his contract),we then take that £1m plus andy webster and do the deal for Goodwillie.

We lose millers wages at what? £18k pw? we also lose websters at what? £10k pw

We also gain a resaleable asset rather than losing miller for nowt and get Goodwillie on £10k pw

Banks happy at gaining a resaleable asset on a long term contract replacing the wage of deadwood webster with a future resale value of £2.5m +

Banks also happy that a replacement for miller has been found whilst losing millers potential wage demands of £20k pw amounting to £4.3m over 4 years.

P.S. I honestly think that goodwillie under the guidance of mccoist is an all round better player than miller with a far heftier shelf life

Another transfer window fuckin pantomine!

Heres what i think.

Walter comes out saying we cannot buy till we sell

cue huge disappointment from all of us

But if the following happens walters initial outline to the fans will cushion the blow of losing miller

We then sell Miller for £1m (good deal for6 months left on his contract),we then take that £1m plus andy webster and do the deal for Goodwillie.

We lose millers wages at what? £18k pw? we also lose websters at what? £10k pw

We also gain a resaleable asset rather than losing miller for nowt and get Goodwillie on £10k pw

Banks happy at gaining a resaleable asset on a long term contract replacing the wage of deadwood webster with a future resale value of £2.5m +

Banks also happy that a replacement for miller has been found whilst losing millers potential wage demands of £20k pw amounting to £4.3m over 4 years.

P.S. I honestly think that goodwillie under the guidance of mccoist is an all round better player than miller with a far heftier shelf life

just me mate but how can goodwillie be an allround better player than miller when miller is basically a veteran who actually despite what folks think can work the front line and well at times, as much as i want goodwillie and considering my thoughts on kenny i would let kenny go if it meant getting him in the other way, the fact is we are gonna have to go to the end fighting with a bare squad regardless unless a takeover happens, and if it was just as easy as you say in the suggestion and the managment wanted that i think they would, if only we knew what the banks demands are considering repayments and what there plans are in the long run.

ill wait to see things in print first and even then its the press so ill wait till there is some statement

I posted ages ago that we should sell players and pay off the whole debt or at least a huge chunk then start again on our own terms. Boogie, Shagger, Miller out for 15mill and bring in cheaper/younger guys such as Gilks, Eremenko, Gomis, Goodwillie

I posted ages ago that we should sell players and pay off the whole debt or at least a huge chunk then start again on our own terms. Boogie, Shagger, Miller out for 15mill and bring in cheaper/younger guys such as Gilks, Eremenko, Gomis, Goodwillie

Thank god you're not in charge.

Lol fair enough. I reckon we should capatilise on our assets while their price is high. Personally think Boogie wants to go anyway and Shagger is a matter of time.

I don't give a fuck about capitalising on our assets, I'm not following Rangers to see us post great balance sheets. I want to see a winning team on the park. Call me old fashioned if you will.

I don't give a fuck about capitalising on our assets, I'm not following Rangers to see us post great balance sheets. I want to see a winning team on the park. Call me old fashioned if you will.

Yes and clearly we wont be spending while we are at the mercy of the bank. I'm suggesting short term pain so that we can eventually put out a sustainable winning team

so similar to the summer more taken in than spent and wages reduced.

all well and good but at some point the ever decreasing circle just terninates in the middle.

Not necessarily. If the players we bring in as replacements are well scouted and at the right age it is possible to finance further success through a sensible transfer policy

Not necessarily. If the players we bring in as replacements are well scouted and at the right age it is possible to finance further success through a sensible transfer policy

not on an ever reducing budget.

even ajax the masters of this cant do it and remain sucessful either.

not on an ever reducing budget.

even ajax the masters of this cant do it and remain sucessful either.

Ajax have managed to accrue players who have asset values way higher than anything we have at Rangers. If they were 20 milion in debt theyd be able to sell Suarez and it'd be problem solved. Instead of pissing against the wind trying to sign McGregor on big wages and Miller age 31 ona 2yr deal we should be looking at value in the transfer market to trade our way out of trouble.

Yes and clearly we wont be spending while we are at the mercy of the bank. I'm suggesting short term pain so that we can eventually put out a sustainable winning team

We have apparently been at the mercy of the bank for the last 3 years or so and are still in a decent position to make it 3 titles in a row. The bank were clearly happy enough to sustain those winning teams.

We have apparently been at the mercy of the bank for the last 3 years or so and are still in a decent position to make it 3 titles in a row. The bank were clearly happy enough to sustain those winning teams.

The bank have been selling our winning team from under us- Mendes, Thomson, Wilson etc. If its going to go on like this for years until the debts gone why not get it over and done with swiftly and get them to fuck

so similar to the summer more taken in than spent and wages reduced. all well and good but at some point the ever decreasing circle just terninates in the middle.

We had our last middling terminations from season 1978 all the way through to 1987. Do people really forget so quickly? Really?

And yet some think the answer rests in less games against Hearts, Aberdeen and, say, Hibs and more against Partick, Morton and Dunfermline. Some think we should share more of our already dwindling revenues. And some think (nae kidding) we should accept all of this because we are Scottish.

I don't know exactly what it would be, but our greatest of clubs requires to take drastic action and fast. Alastair Johnston stated in 2009 ago that something must happen in two to five years. I predict, if it does not, it wont take five years before we are seeing crowds of less than 10,000 at Ibrox (again) for midweek league games against the likes of Raith.

And, once, I honestly thought I'd seen the last of players of the standard of Billy Urquhart and Jim Denny in Rangers shirts.

We had our last middling terminations from season 1978 all the way through to 1987. Do people really forget so quickly? Really?

And yet some think the answer rests in less games against Hearts, Aberdeen and, say, Hibs and more against Partick, Morton and Dunfermline. Some think we should share more of our already dwindling revenues. And some think (nae kidding) we should accept all of this because we are Scottish.

I don't know exactly what it would be, but our greatest of clubs requires to take drastic action and fast. Alastair Johnston stated in 2009 ago that something must happen in two to five years. I predict, if it does not, it wont take five years before we are seeing crowds of less than 10,000 at Ibrox (again) for midweek league games against the likes of Raith.

And, once, I honestly thought I'd seen the last of players of the standard of Billy Urquhart and Jim Denny in Rangers shirts.

That would be horrible to go back to those times, crowds of 8000 and all that. The only possitive is it would get rid of all the handwringers.

That would be horrible to go back to those times, crowds of 8000 and all that. The only possitive is it would get rid of all the handwringers.

I have a distinct, uneasy feeling about what our immediate future holds if the Rangers do not find a way to properly fund a decent squad of quality players.

I have a distinct, uneasy feeling about what our immediate future holds if the Rangers do not find a way to properly fund a decent squad of quality players.

If this takeover doesnt go ahead thats the way its all gonae pan out. If we do win the league this year make sure we enjoy it as much as we can, coz it might be the last for a while :anguish:

The bank have been selling our winning team from under us- Mendes, Thomson, Wilson etc. If its going to go on like this for years until the debts gone why not get it over and done with swiftly and get them to fuck

It's all good and well selling our best players and clearing the debt, but without fresh investment where does that leave us? Debt free, but winning fuck all. I know what I'd prefer.

It's all good and well selling our best players and clearing the debt, but without fresh investment where does that leave us? Debt free, but winning fuck all. I know what I'd prefer.

With a more attuned transfer policy you can create your own investment. Ajax have been doing it for years. Arsenal to a certain extent. When a player reaches the peak of his value or gets to an age when his value will depreciate swiftly its time to move them on. You can do this with success on the field too.

With a more attuned transfer policy you can create your own investment. Ajax have been doing it for years. Arsenal to a certain extent. When a player reaches the peak of his value or gets to an age when his value will depreciate swiftly its time to move them on. You can do this with success on the field too.

Wonderful analogy mate and we can all appreciate the strategy that Arsenal and Ajax have been able to adopt in recent years. Do you think we are on a par with either of them in these circumstances? Every transfer window we are told we need to sell to but of late. If at all. How do you suggest we attune that little nugget?

with regards to arsenal/ajax policies of sign em young etc and sell for good money. these teams dont just sign players, they train them and teach them their philosophy. Look at Jack Wilshere as the lastest world class example. Cost arsenal nothing and if real madrid or someone want him (of which he is already good enough to play for) he would be 30 million and more based on future further improvement.

its not just about signing players, its about creating players. we havent seen enough in recent times, but nearly every 2 months we here of a new 16 year old signed from somewhere. and we have boys popping up in the first team from murray park.

we're going to come out of this financially dark era, much stronger as a club with an abundance of young talent and develop first team stars for years to come.

Ajax have managed to accrue players who have asset values way higher than anything we have at Rangers. If they were 20 milion in debt theyd be able to sell Suarez and it'd be problem solved. Instead of pissing against the wind trying to sign McGregor on big wages and Miller age 31 ona 2yr deal we should be looking at value in the transfer market to trade our way out of trouble.

the havent came close to wining anything in 5 years and have much bigger debts than 20 million.

and neither team has won a thing in 5 years.