Swap Cristiano Ronaldo with Lionel Messi

AGM_72

Ronaldo's slowly becoming a lot more direct that Messi.

He's cutting out a lot of the pointless tricks in his game these days. As soon as he gets the ball, he's turning towards the goal or byline, getting his head down and putting the ball in the right area.

Both phenomenal players IMO.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SandyWATP

Ronaldo's slowly becoming a lot more direct that Messi.

He's cutting out a lot of the pointless tricks in his game these days. As soon as he gets the ball, he's turning towards the goal or byline, getting his head down and putting the ball in the right area.

Both phenomenal players IMO.

This is very true, and it's probably partly down to Mourinho.

They are two of the greatest players ever.

They are possibly the only two players in the world now - even taking Xavi and Iniesta into account - that truly get the crowd on their feet as soon as they get the ball.

You feel it with Messi when he gets it, the same for Ronaldo last night. You just know something is going to happen.

How is that exactly your point ? Are you seriously trying to say Man united were only amazing because of Ronaldo ? They'v been amazing in the past, amazing now and will be amazing for years to come and that's all down to one man, Alex Ferguson.

And if Ronaldo is so spectacular, like you say, and can turn teams "amazing", why are Portugal still shit even with him as captain ? You're contradicting yourself a bit here.

Yes, he got them to the champions league final and scored the goal in the final

He also got over 40 goals in one season from all kinds of play not just feeding of players live xavi and iniesta

Yes, he got them to the champions league final and scored the goal in the final

He also got over 40 goals in one season from all kinds of play not just feeding of players live xavi and iniesta

Aye, he was feeding of players like Scholes, Rooney, Tevez, Giggs, Hargreaves, Anderson and Carrick (when he was great).

Guest SandyWATP

Similar to messi at the world cup

0 goals in 12 qualifying games - he really got them their himself doh

I'm not the one saying he carries the team on his own.

You are making claims that are utter bollocks.

0 goals in 12 qualifying games - he really got them their himself doh

I'm not the one saying he carries the team on his own.

You are making claims that are utter bollocks.

He does carry teams on his own

Teams like Man Utd , Real Madrid

You heard of them ?

There's not really much to be said that hasn't been said already, some interesting and good posts (tu).

I think if you traded Messi for Ronaldo, I think Real would become a whole different team. While Ronaldo would still keep Barcelona at a such a high level, I just feel Messi would transform Madrid.

Messi would still be the best player in the world and would probably raise the games of those around him. While I think he needs Xavi and Iniesta, to an extent, I think his movement, skill and intelligence on the park probably bring the very best in them too. (Of course they're still magnificent for Spain).

As was mentioned, Ronaldo is becoming a lot more direct than previously, I don't think that's even down to Mourinho because he was showing signs of it last season too. I don't think it's a bad thing either, though it's obviously not as beautiful to watch as Messi and co, it's effective.

I would love to see it happen though, as there's many factors that could influence it. The two players styles, their attitudes, whether Guardiola would embrace or deflate Ronaldos ego.

Neither of them would work. Messi struggles in a team where he is the main player. He's always been one of the top dogs at Barca, but they've never been dependant on him. Whether it was Ronaldinho and Deco, Xavi and Iniesta, he's always had world class players around him.

Whenever he plays for Argentina, he is expected to fill the number 10 role. And it never quite works out for him. He's not a player you pass to every time your going forward and let him do his own thing. He does get quickly alienated in a side that is too dependant on him. At Barca though, he's oustanding.

Ronaldo is the polar opposite of Messi. He has always been top gun. It helps his ego, and when he's confident he's unstoppable. It's no coincidence that Ronaldo's scored more than a goal a game this season, considering he is Madrid's attack force. He is backed up by the talent of Di Maria and Ozil, he's not dependant on it :sherlock:

This.

You said Roanldo was feeding off players like carrick after i said Messi was feeding off players like xavi , Implying that they are equally as good or that carrick is better

No, I didn't, but at the time Carrick was a player that was capable of creating a number of chances for Ronaldo.

Every player in the world is 'capable' of creating chances

I'm not overrating him here or comparing to the likes of xavi, iniesta etc but you're seriously trying to tell me every player is as capable as creating chances like Carrick was at that time ? no chance.