Should we be getting our youngsters out on loan

djbroxybear

I thought about the pitches scenario, but surely the pitches of NON-SPL clubs are vastly under utilised anyway because they are only used for 90+ minutes every second week?

So what's to keep the SPL as-is (because another stumbling block to my suggestion could be television times) and let SPL clubs play their reserves in the SFL and have non-SPL grounds utilised to hold 2 games per day-per every other week?

To my mind, the problem with Scottish football is that they can't see outside the window for the fuckin stoor that's dimmed their outlook from the days of tackety boots.

I reckon that the non-SPL clubs will still train on their pitches, mate. I'm not trying to knock the idea, it's actually very good, but I just don't see it being a viable option.

Very diplomatic there, sir.

When you see Darren Cole come in do a job in the Champion's League then disappear into the Auchenhowie Triangle and Jamie Ness enter the fray versus the peadophiles and walk away with the Man of the Match it makes you wonder what we have hidden away ;)

I wouldn't be getting rid of anyone,loan or otherwise just yet.

When you see Darren Cole come in do a job in the Champion's League then disappear into the Auchenhowie Triangle and Jamie Ness enter the fray versus the peadophiles and walk away with the Man of the Match it makes you wonder what we have hidden away ;)

I wouldn't be getting rid of anyone,loan or otherwise just yet.

Spot on mate, i think who ever is in charge next season should build the team around these youngsters i think for the SPL they would still win the league. These kids are the future and will save us millions given a chance.

I reckon that the non-SPL clubs will still train on their pitches, mate. I'm not trying to knock the idea, it's actually very good, but I just don't see it being a viable option.

caseyjones!>>>>>Go straight to handwringers club...Do not pass GO!...Do not collect $200 :craphead:

Only kidding mate! :lol: I can see your point.(tu)

Spot on mate, i think who ever is in charge next season should build the team around these youngsters i think for the SPL they would still win the league. These kids are the future and will save us millions given a chance.

They're all confident as fuck as well,I love that,none of the youngsters are phased when they play in the first team and they have the ability to back it up.

Got to use them (tu)

Very interesting topic. If you removed all the bureaucracy that goes with it, there are a few options.

I remember the prospect being raised of a Rangers B, playing lower down in the Scottish leagues, the same concept that exists in Spain with Barcelona and Real Madrid. There are a few plus points with this that I can see. Firstly, Rangers would effectively be in control. There have been instances in the past where players we have loaned out have sat on the bench for most of the season, making the exercise pointless (Loy at St Mirren and Lennon at Partick Thistle spring to mind).

If they could arrange this sort of set up and have the home games alternate to the senior squad home games, I'm sure there are a few fans who would go and watch and this could also help the financial state of the game in the lower leagues. It's not the most supporter friendly stadium to get to, but if I remember rightly, Clyde will be pulling out of Broadwood sometime soon leaving that venue empty....

The second option is loaning players out to other teams. This has it's plus and minus points (as noted above). If we are doing this I would prefer to see our players going to an English League 1 or 2 team, but this makes it harder to monitor them. There have been some examples of players being loaned out to smaller teams in Scotland (Kenny Miller at Stenhousemuir, Goodwillie, etc.), where it has worked though.

The final option is investing in a team abroad, like Man Utd's link with Antwerp. This was tried at Northern Spirit in Sydney a few years ago, but the standard wasn't high enough. If this was to be considered we should probably be looking at countries like Belgium, Denmark or lower tier France/Germany.

Of course all this costs money, so is probably way down the list of priorities. But something is need imo now that the reserve league is now defunct

Fleck is the sort of player who'd blossom with a regular first team place, but he won't get that here.

I think also when these kids get a bit of first team action they will be more determind in wanting more, Fleck has probably the most first team action yet he is not holding down his place time to get him out on loan.