"He's not Rangers class"

unfortunately players like that arent around these days, especially for the little money we have

so is it not a good idea to pick the best of the rest, the beggars won 3iar with that idea and made the last 16 twice on the bounce by cherry picking the best of the rest

Of course it's a good idea to pick the very best we can for what we have, but at that level the risks are higher. There's always a risk when you buy any player, but they are reduced when you can afford to invest in genuine class.

More importantly, something substantial (likely radical) has to be done to change the status of our greatest of clubs. I'm scunnered with the amount of times we hear 'we'll just have to accept it' and variations on that theme from fellow Bears - like fuck we do!

It wasn't good enough last time around to have players of such low quality - one direct result was regular low crowds - and it's no more palatable this time.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it's a good idea to pick the very best we can for what we have, but at that level the risks are higher. There's always a risk when you buy any player, but they are reduced when you can afford to invest in genuine class.

More importantly, something important (likely radical) has to be done to change the status of our greatest of clubs. I'm scunnered with the amount of times we hear 'we'll just have to accept it' and variations on that theme from fellow Bears - like fuck we do!

It wasn't good enough last time around to have players of such low quality - one direct result was regular low crowds - and it's no more palatable this time.

(tu)

The lowering of ambition & expectation in the past few years is for a club like Rangers a disgrace. With some foresight from those at the top we are more than capable of competing with the best.

Sadly the people in charge at the present aren't of the quality required.

Wouldn't rule put someone because they are a knob.

Wouldn't sign a rapist obviously, sounds to me like it would be a hard conviction to get and regardless mud will stick.

Gazza is one of the biggest knobs around but he's a fucking legend.

I will not apologise for using that expression- only the best will do for this club. It is not about talent alone, but how a man is on the inside that determines if he can play for this Club. That is what someone such as Souness got very quickly, he kicked ass and shook this Club from its complacency. John Brown was not a big money buy, but he was Rangers Class because he had it in the inside; the Character- Walter is acutely aware of it . That is what Prso saw on the Monaco subs bench one cold night in Ibrox. Shame it sometimes takes foreigners like Mols to see it. The media campaign against this Club is turning some fans to jelly and it can be a pretty pathetic site to see. Rangers Class means a lot, some people should remember that.

I will not apologise for using that expression- only the best will do for this club. It is not about talent alone, but how a man is on the inside that determines if he can play for this Club. That is what someone such as Souness got very quickly, he kicked ass and shook this Club from its complacency. John Brown was not a big money buy, but he was Rangers Class because he had it in the inside; the Character- Walter is acutely aware of it . That is what Prso saw on the Monaco subs bench one cold night in Ibrox. Shame it sometimes takes foreigners like Mols to see it. The media campaign against this Club is turning some fans to jelly and it can be a pretty pathetic site to see. Rangers Class means a lot, some people should remember that.

by that account you would class kirk broadfoot as rangers class because he has shown time and again that he "has it inside" but there's no hiding the fact that our two starting strikers against inverness, while full of character and determination, haven't scored anything like the inverness front man.

That boy has led their front line so far this season an has shown determination, character and a will to win

surely that is who we want at the club.

With miller gone its between rooney and sammon for top goalscorer by the looks of things. If both finish with over 20 goals this season (something our current strike force will not do), would we still think they aren't good enough

(tu)

The lowering of ambition & expectation in the past few years is for a club like Rangers a disgrace. With some foresight from those at the top we are more than capable of competing with the best.

Sadly the people in charge at the present aren't of the quality required.

the expectations aren't lowered at all. Far from it. But common sense kicks in and every rangers fan has to realise that without champions league money we will not be linked with multi million pound buys anymore.

every rangers fan has to realise that without champions league money we will not be linked with multi million pound buys anymore.

Well, something needs to be done about that. What we have now and what lies ahead in our immediate future is just not good enough for The Rangers.

I can't accept there will be no more brilliance from players like, say, Mols and instead we should get used to slumming it with the likes of Rooney. It's not that I don't think the lad would do ok for us, not even that he may well score regularly, but the acceptance of this feels like the death of ambition.

rangers class to some is the player that scores the most in football manager, or keeps the most clean sheets in football manager, or makes the most assist in football manager, but on a serious note i think some fans may forget they maybe have a past, done some wrongs when younger and some on here class any crime as not rangers class, crazy really, we cant afford an already made rangers class type of player and we are in a situation where we need to nurture rangers class individuals, i dont even like the rangers class tag, we just want some quality in the ranks

the expectations aren't lowered at all. Far from it. But common sense kicks in and every rangers fan has to realise that without champions league money we will not be linked with multi million pound buys anymore.

Never mentioned multi-million pound players,surely there are players from Scandinavia or the baltic countries who wouldn't cost a fortune but would raise our playing standards.

As for the lowering of expectations,the general acceptance that we will never compete with Europes best is shameful.

(tu)