Two loan deals?

Muff

Not been on since the Kenny Miller deal was confirmed, not even read any websites and I don't buy the papers...

Everyone was talking about loan deals this afternoon, a utility striker and defender - no names mentioned, just that this is what Walter Smith wants.

So, are these loan deals going to be like Richard Foster; in that I mean players who are not going to improve the 1st team, and come in as back-up, or are we going to go for a '1st team' player, one who will improve us?

It's going to be pretty hard to find what we need on loan, very hard, epsecially since we have to pay wages!

What sort of defender? If it's a centre-half, then it's completely pointless and we all know that, unless Bougherra is for the off!?

Utility-striker; Someone who can play in a number of positions, right, left, through the middle... ?

Not what we need, we have a few of them already. We need a number 9, someone who will not spend his time out wide, but in the box, capable of scoring a goal.

Don't know if any names have been mentioned, or if that is what we are after, but if it is, I hope Walter Smith changes his mind, because this squad is lacking a goalscorer, no matter how many goals some think Nikica Jelavic will score. Steve Wonder could see that!

Does this rule out permanent deals?

It's time to get real, take the blue-tinted glasses off, Fleck, Beattie and Lafferty will not do, they won't score goals. There is no need to move Naismith upfront (he's doing a job in the role asked of all season) and Jelavic can't do it all on his own.

We have a big fight on our hands, we cannot continue to kid ourselves!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not been on since the Kenny Miller deal was confirmed, not even read any websites and I don't buy the papers...

Everyone was talking about loan deals this afternoon, a utility striker and defender - no names mentioned, just that this is what Walter Smith wants.

So, are these loan deals going to be like Richard Foster; in that I mean players who are not going to improve the 1st team, and come in as back-up, or are we going to go for a '1st team' player, one who will improve us?

It's going to be pretty hard to find what we need on loan, very hard, epsecially since we have to pay wages!

What sort of defender? If it's a centre-half, then it's completely pointless and we all know that, unless Bougherra is for the off!?

Utility-striker; Someone who can play in a number of positions, right, left, through the middle... ?

Not what we need, we have a few of them already. We need a number 9, someone who will not spend his time out wide, but in the box, capable of scoring a goal.

Don't know if any names have been mentioned, or if that is what we are after, but if it is, I hope Walter Smith changes his mind, because this squad is lacking a goalscorer, no matter how many goals some think Nikica Jelavic will score. Steve Wonder could see that!

Does this rule out permanent deals?

It's time to get real, take the blue-tinted glasses off, Fleck, Beattie and Lafferty will not do, they won't score goals. There is no need to move Naismith upfront (he's doing a job in the role asked of all season) and Jelavic can't do it all on his own.

We have a big fight on our hands, we cannot continue to kid ourselves!

Well said Muff.

Utility striker? I assume this means someone like Peter Lovenkrands?

As for the defender, it'll end up being someone similar to Christian Dailly...

I would take Lovenkrands back.

Not really getting a game at Newcastle.

Utility striker? I assume this means someone like Peter Lovenkrands?

As for the defender, it'll end up being someone similar to Christian Dailly...

Just fucking :anguish:

Like someone has said, don't bother your arse Walter if your going to bring in folk to sit on the bench.

If you can bring in someone who can influence our starting 11 !

If we want a goalscorer, a proven goalscorer, a poaching 'in the box' goalscorer and we want him on loan - I'm sorry to say this but he's currently in the North East of England and he would jump at the chance of coming back to Ibrox.

Yes he's lazy, Yes he crapped all over our support by saying he was leaving to "advance his career" but we cannot take away the fact that he's a fcuckin scoring machine.

With the money we have - we dont have a lot of options, do we?