Thomas Buffel

BULOO BEAR

It was partly down to his inconsistency, part down to the fact that he was too much of a footballer for a lot of fans at Ibrox.

He wasn't enough like 'big Lee' for a lot of people.

Nothing to do with 'Big Lee'. Davis is a player of no little skill, Ness, Mendes, Ferguson. They were/are all players with a strong mentality- I did not see that with Buffel.

Nothing to do with 'Big Lee'. Davis is a player of no little skill, Ness, Mendes, Ferguson. They were/are all players with a strong mentality- I did not see that with Buffel.

All central midfielders.

Buffel was just one of many players who drift from out wide to in behind the strikers to have failed at Ibrox as no-one really knew how to use him.

He'd be up front one week, on the left the next week, on the right the week after and behind the strikers in his next game. I know we all like to think that it's all the player's fault every time a decent reputation fails at Ibrox, but sometimes the blame has to be shared.

Buffel had talent and it was as much our fault as it was his that he never quite made it.

All central midfielders.

Buffel was just one of many players who drift from out wide to in behind the strikers to have failed at Ibrox as no-one really knew how to use him.

He'd be up front one week, on the left the next week, on the right the week after and behind the strikers in his next game. I know we all like to think that it's all the player's fault every time a decent reputation fails at Ibrox, but sometimes the blame has to be shared.

Buffel had talent and it was as much our fault as it was his that he never quite made it.

So who was to blame once he left us. ?