Duke Nukem Forever

MARK92GERS

Absolutely turd.

The graphics are terrible yet it still suffers framerate issues, the jokes are crowbarred in with most of them being poor non-jokes, it references obscure things without doing anything with the reference, characters movement is vague and quite jumpy, the shooting mechanic is inexact and unresponsive, there's regenerating health but no cover system forcing you into hiding out every thirty seconds, and the level design is incredibly linear and unimaginative.

If there's a worse full price release this year I'll staple my balls to my ears and roll down Buchanan street.

Avoid like the fucking plague.

Absolutely turd.

The graphics are terrible yet it still suffers framerate issues, the jokes are crowbarred in with most of them being poor non-jokes, it references obscure things without doing anything with the reference, characters movement is vague and quite jumpy, the shooting mechanic is inexact and unresponsive, there's regenerating health but no cover system forcing you into hiding out every thirty seconds, and the level design is incredibly linear and unimaginative.

If there's a worse full price release this year I'll staple my balls to my ears and roll down Buchanan street.

Avoid like the fucking plague.

May I ask what age are you?

I will enjoy this game for nostalgia alone

Sounds like Duke Nukem 3D!

:praise: :praise: :crywank:

May I ask what age are you?

I will enjoy this game for nostalgia alone

I loved Duke Nukem 3D, and I really wanted to like this, but the game mechanics are terrible and whoever they've hired to do the writing simply doesn't understand what made The Duke funny.

The jokes aren't the clever, witty, close to the bone gags that made the previous games so much fun. They're simply bad taste comments that make you cringe rather than laugh.

Rather than enjoying it thanks to memories of past games, you'll be cursing it for spoiling those memories within about thirty minutes of switching it on.

Sounds like Duke Nukem 3D!

:praise: :praise: :crywank:

Wrong.

DN3D was clever, the jokes were well written and the timing was perfect, the levels were expansive and allowed you to get lost, and the game mechanics were crisp and responsive for the day.

The graphics look blocky looking back at it now, but at the time they were good.

Depends what you're looking for.

If you want a precision game that involves camping, sniping, air strikes and tactics, then get Modern Warfare.

If you want an old fashion shoot em up where you find the biggest gun and kill as many enemies as you can with loads of blood, women and one-liners, get Duke Nukem.

The recent spate of precision army shooters has changed the FPS landscape somewhat.

If you want an old fashion shoot em up where you find the biggest gun and kill as many enemies as you can with loads of blood, women and one-liners, get Duke Nukem.

The recent spate of precision army shooters has changed the FPS landscape somewhat.

There's no reason a game where the biggest gun is always the best and enemies decorate rooms when you shoot them can't have precise movement and shooting mechanisms. Particularly when that game has been in development for thirteen years.

Serious Sam showed the way forward for that kind of game. The enemies were varied and looked good when they exploded, the guns were big and outlandish, and the difficulty curve was all over the shop. But the controls were intuitive and precise and the gunplay had weight.

There's no need to pigeonhole things anymore. Tight controls and outlandish gameplay don't need to be mutually exclusive.