Chase on for Mackay-Steven

Skysports.com understands a number of clubs are tracking former Liverpool starlet Gary Mackay-Steven.

The 20-year-old has been earning rave reviews at Aidrie after joining the Scottish Second Division side in January.

Mackay-Steven has scored two goals in ten appearances and a number of eye-catching performances have caught the attention of clubs north and south of the border.

SPL duo Hibernian and Kilmarnock are thought to be keeping tabs on Mackay-Steven's progress with Aidrie possibly facing a fight to keep hold of the attacking midfielder come the end of the season.

Mackay-Steven joined Liverpool as a 17-year-old from Ross County after emerging as one of the best youngsters to come out of Scotland in recent years, but his development at Anfield was interrupted by a series of niggling injuries.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6786278,00.html

i went school with this guy.

I remember him moving and I think another went down there from Ross County. Hope he gets his career back on track, he has time on his side only being 20

he been injured quite lot in past. If hibs come in for him he will go. Cos he is die hard hibs fan. Celtic tryed getting him on trail but Liverpool signed before that happened.