Trying to put this into perspective!

Ryan_1

Right, trying (very, very hard here) to take out my complete anger and look at this without a overeaction.

First of all we've got to look at it as less games for our injury strickened squad and it was only the Scottish Cup. Yes, it is another massive blow to our confidence and none of us ever like losing to that scum, but we have to look at the positives.

The league and I suppose in a financial sense, the Europa League are our most important goals for the season and having less games will give us more time to rest and less chance of a fixture pile-up come the end of the season.

However that performance, Smith's tactics and the passion shown from certain individuals was, not for the first time this season, shambolic! I don't know if it could get any clearer for Walter Smith to see, but Davie Weir is finished. His pace or sheer lack of it is doing absolutely nothing for the team. We are starting far too deep and only push up when the game is as good as gone. Time and time again we are talking about Davie Weir after a bad performance, but nothing is ever done about it and unfortunately I can't see it changing before the season is out.

Maurice Edu is one of the worse footballers I've ever seen wearing the Rangers jersey and I've seen some bad ones. He is an athelete and no more. Even then he shites himself out of challenges, but it's his inability to do the simple things that you learn in Primary school that he serverly lacks. His touch, control, vision, passing, crossing etc are brutal. Again another one I can't see being dropped.

There are other players in that side that aren't pulling there weight and are going to have to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror, ask themselves if they are giving the best and performing to a standard of a player employed by Rangers Football Club. At the moment there are some that are making a mockery of our great club and it's traditions.

Walter Smith's tactics, particularly against Celtic, have been beyond belief at times. Now I personally didn't see a problem with us going with the 5-4-1 formation and when I heard Jelavic was out I understood why he went with the same team as in Lisbon. It's the way we set out deploying that tactic that bemused me. With the five at the back, there is no need to sit as deep as that. There was times at 0-0 and 11 men each we were sitting at the edge of our box waiting for Celtic to come at us. There wasn't a chance in hell of us winning that game playing that way. Once we went down to the 10 men and lost the goal, did we push up and tried to find an equaliser? No, did we hell! We sat back and sat back, and never got a shot at goal until the 93rd minute with a tame Diouf free-kick. Where was Healy? Diouf was blowing out his arse after about 65 mins and yet Walter continued to sit in the stands? No ambition at all, it was like we just looking for a goal in hope, without actually going out there and trying to grap one. Not good enough for a club of our stature.

There was positives from tonight, Steven Davis and Richard Foster got pass marks for me and the fact we have less chance of a fixture pile up now, with more time for our injury strickened squad to rest, but god there are again far too many negatives and questions to be answered.

Bougherra and Foster were our best players.Didnt think Davis played well but in his defence when he got his head up he saw fuckall ahead of him.We need to concentrate on winning the League now but more particularly not losing points to so called diddy teams.

Foster got skinned at the goal and Davis had two little runs - then a poor ball towards Edu and an overhit cross way beyond Diouf. Both were better than some others, but nowhere near good enough.

Totally agree.

I think over all, lets face facts for the rest of the season at least, big games we will roll out a 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 variation, that screams to me we need a counter-attack but this is not happening, midfield is not pushing forward quickly enough, that's about it. We have seen in the Valencia home game we played a 5-4-1 I think Naismith and Edu played great, pushed every time we had the ball and cause a lot of pressure but haven't seen anything like that since.

We missed a chance tonight, celtic didnt have a firm hold of our midfield but really plays like Davis should pick up on this and prosper.