Am I The Only One That Thinks..........

robertkay

OK, so I see things through blue tinted specs but the fact of the matter is that play should have been stopped before they scored.

I've double checked this as well and the ref has a responsibility to stop play if he thinks that a player is seriously injured.

To me if a player takes a knock on the head, crumples to the floor and gets into the foetal position holding his head not moving - that's a serious injury.

I can't believe the commentators (or the ref) didn't pick up on this. A couple of timmy's I know claim it was too quick and the ref didnt see it....bollocks....in the reply it clearly shows the ref looking at papac!

Sour grapes? Definitely! But rules is rules!

According to the rules aye! Fact is it wasn't us....was proven later in the game in the middle of the park when the ref stopped it for Edu which didn't look (and wasn't) as serious.....shouldn't matter if its in the box or not

Should it stop if it was us?

I'm glad someone else at least thought it tbh....thought I was going mental.

My only real gripe is that the linesman is obviously (or should be) looking along the line for offside and that the ref actually looked at (or it seemed as if he did) papac before the ball broke for the goal.

I know it's hard for ref's but if he sees that like I think he did he could and should have stopped it.

I was thinking this, but in all honestly it happens within a second or two.

to the letter of the law you probably should stop the game for a head injury, however its not like we deserved to win that game based on the tactics we deployed so i'm not fussed about moaning about how they scored the winner

Maybe not deserved to win but surely we didn't deserve to lose a goal that shouldn't stand. If they don't score that goal they don't score at all cause it's not like they sat back on their lead they kept trying for a second. With an old firm at 0-0 in extra time you never know!

It's all if's and but's though and I totally get that. I hate criticising referees but say Sasa had a blood clot or something when you have seconds to react? I sincerely hope the referee hasn't seen it and been too afraid to stop it!

I'm glad someone else at least thought it tbh....thought I was going mental.

My only real gripe is that the linesman is obviously (or should be) looking along the line for offside and that the ref actually looked at (or it seemed as if he did) papac before the ball broke for the goal.

I know it's hard for ref's but if he sees that like I think he did he could and should have stopped it.

and me

For me the biggest thing about Papac being down was that it distracted Bougherra. He glanced at his teammate and took his eye off the ball at a crucial moment otherwise it would have been a simple clearence for the second shot which had no pace on it at all.

It happened pretty quick and I cant really think of any reason whu it should not stand. I think the ref made plenty more mistakes but that was not one of them. I am sure the ref just thought Papac was down from the header and did not realise how serious it was till later. The first yellow on Whittaker was shocking, given what he had let of (from both sides) early on - and was probably the key decision (and wrong), although I thought the second was a booking.

Maybe not deserved to win but surely we didn't deserve to lose a goal that shouldn't stand. If they don't score that goal they don't score at all cause it's not like they sat back on their lead they kept trying for a second. With an old firm at 0-0 in extra time you never know!

It's all if's and but's though and I totally get that. I hate criticising referees but say Sasa had a blood clot or something when you have seconds to react? I sincerely hope the referee hasn't seen it and been too afraid to stop it!

IMO looking at the replay the ref defo looks at papac after he gets knocked over. I dont know if he looks long enough to see how bad he clearly was

It happened pretty quick and I cant really think of any reason whu it should not stand. I think the ref made plenty more mistakes but that was not one of them. I am sure the ref just thought Papac was down from the header and did not realise how serious it was till later. The first yellow on Whittaker was shocking, given what he had let of (from both sides) early on - and was probably the key decision (and wrong), although I thought the second was a booking.

Sorry mate but this is the most serious mistake he made...it shouldn't stand because the referee is accountable to every player in the parks safety. According to FIFA he has a responsibility to stop the play for a serious injury. I totally get that it was quick but there are 4 officials at the game and none seemed concerned about a player that I reckon was unconscious!

I tend to agree about the other mistakes but this one concerned me.

For me the biggest thing about Papac being down was that it distracted Bougherra. He glanced at his teammate and took his eye off the ball at a crucial moment otherwise it would have been a simple clearence for the second shot which had no pace on it at all.

Said the same thing mate.

Stop the game when someone heidies the baw, heard everything now, straws and clutching. :chopometer:

No, stop the game when someone is seriously injured (I.E concussion/unconscious/Not Moving).

I'm seriously not clutching at straws here it's in the laws of the game. Whats the point in them if they don't count when someone can score?

Play should only be stopped if, in the referees opinion a player is seriously injured. No referee is going to stop play when an attacking team are in the penalty area and have a clear shot at an open goal.

Sorry mate but this is the most serious mistake he made...it shouldn't stand because the referee is accountable to every player in the parks safety. According to FIFA he has a responsibility to stop the play for a serious injury. I totally get that it was quick but there are 4 officials at the game and none seemed concerned about a player that I reckon was unconscious!

I tend to agree about the other mistakes but this one concerned me.

I dont really want to defend the ref but Papac heads the ball of the line - Ref follows the ball Wilson skelfs it back and it goes in - ref blows for a goal notices Papac down and goes and deals with it. where is the time for anyone to recognise Papac is down and hurt and the ref cant chalk the goal of - no offence was committed.

No, stop the game when someone is seriously injured (I.E concussion/unconscious/Not Moving).

I'm seriously not clutching at straws here it's in the laws of the game. Whats the point in them if they don't count when someone can score?

So, I can heidie the baw, and if the opposition look to be in a scoring position from said heidie, I have a nice wee card up my sleeve feign injury, straws clutching at. :chopometer:

Where they are in the pitch can't impact how serious a players injury is so how can it impact the referees opinion?

No one can seriously tell me that Papac wasn't seriously injured so how a first aid (I think) qualified referee can't tell that is beyond me!

Play should only be stopped if, in the referees opinion a player is seriously injured. No referee is going to stop play when an attacking team are in the penalty area and have a clear shot at an open goal.

Your missing the point I think mate.

What you've described isn't being seriously injured it's cheating....what happened with Papac was a serious injury.

If the ref can't tell the difference based on a clear reaction of distress he shouldn't be in the position.

So, I can heidie the baw, and if the opposition look to be in a scoring position from said heidie, I have a nice wee card up my sleeve feign injury, straws clutching at. :chopometer: