Lack of Accountabilty

This is a copy of an enquiry i made to the scottish parliament information section about Margo Mac Donalds endorsement of racist abuse towards El Hadji:

Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2011 12:34 AM

To: Public Information

Subject: How to raise a formal complaint against an MSP to parliament

Hello,

I have been listening to a BBC radio show called “Brian Taylor’s Big Debate” . The show discussed the shambolic incidents at the recent Old Firm derby match and the potential of sectarianism in Scotland.

Members of The Scottish Parliament participated on this show. Margo MacDonald MSP actually commented flippantly that the abuse suffered by El Hadji Diouf from Celtic supporters was deserved by him. This response was against a question from a member of the public that the tabloid media had fabricated a culture of abuse towards the player which had convinced opposition fans to abuse him.

For an MSP to condone such a thing as racial verbal abuse towards a Rangers player from another part of the world is not acceptable in Modern Scotland in my opinion.

Please explain what process I can pursue through lodging a formal complaint against Margo MacDonald through the Scottish Parliamentary code of conduct protocol as a layman taxpayer.

Yours for Scotland

This the lame response back:

Thank you for your email.

I understand that you disapprove of Margo MacDonald’s comments on “Brian Taylor’s Big Debate” on 4 March. The Code of Conduct for MSPs sets out the principles and standards for Members of the Scottish Parliament and also prescribes how any complaints about Members are to be dealt with. However, the Code does not cover expressions of opinion by MSPs. Your concerns about comments made by Margo MacDonald can be raised by writing to her direct. The views of an MSP can also be challenged and debated in Parliament by other MSPs.

If you want to raise your concerns with Margo MacDonald direct, her contact details are:

Margo MacDonald MSP

The Scottish Parliament

Edinburgh

EH99 1SP

Email: Margo.MacDonald.msp@scottish.parliament.uk

If you want to raise your concerns with the MSPs who represent you, you can find their details by using the postcode search facility at the following link to our website: http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/msp/membersPages/msplocator.htm. You can access information about the individual MSPs (including contact details) by clicking on the relevant name on the results page. As you may know, each person in Scotland is represented by eight MSPs: one for the constituency, and seven for the larger region. You can decide which MSP you would prefer to contact. For example, you may wish to contact an MSP from a particular party or you may want to contact one you have heard about locally. The MSPs who represent you have equal status in the Parliament and you are free to contact any of the eight.

I hope this is helpful. Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions about the Scottish Parliament.

Yours sincerely

xxx xxx+Signature

Public Information

I would be first to sign up. It would seem that scottish politicians do not need to work by ethical principles that should bind a civil society

Its this same hypocrisy that celtic also are revelling to the detriment of our sport.

Rangers please win this title. Your country needs you!

The remarks made by her are surely Racial and therefore should be reported to the police and the Race relations Board i never heard them but she does not seem fit to be representing a multi Racial Scotland.