Murray, the return of the King ?

spangles

It's been ages since there as been an anti-Murray thread, perhaps as much as 7 days.

As with most threads there are a variety of opinions expressed and the best way to counter any you disagree with is to post your opinion rather than take umbrage with others.

I'm reasonably neutral when it comes to the pros and cons of SDM's time at Rangers but even his biggest fans must concede the last ten years has been decidedly inconsistent with less than impressive management behind the scenes.

As such, it's perfectly natural for people to worry about the future when so many important questions remain unanswered. If Sir David Murray is a true King then he'd have no issue answering these questions and involving us in debating how we can improve our future.

Unfortunately, I've seen and heard more from Lord Lucan than him in recent times. Poor show from a man who was happy to accept the plaudits in the 90s but less eager to accept the criticism since.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how the club would be debt free in 2 or 3 years without CL football in the interim.

Sure, assets such as McGregor, Bougherra, Davis and Jelavic may be sold but that would make the team less competitive on the pitch so may not help financially.

The bank may not care so perhaps Auchenhowie may be sold to realise the kind of sum that would eradicate the debt completely.

What would we have left though? A debt free club but pretty much a shell without banking facilities, without players (or a training ground) and certainly not a lot of scope for immediate improvement without substantial investment.

Not exactly the kind of prodigal return to the front-line for a 'King' who has already shown he has no appetite for doing things the hard way.

I have to agree Frankie you have a point. ;)

As with most threads there are a variety of opinions expressed and the best way to counter any you disagree with is to post your opinion rather than take umbrage with others.

I'm reasonably neutral when it comes to the pros and cons of SDM's time at Rangers but even his biggest fans must concede the last ten years has been decidedly inconsistent with less than impressive management behind the scenes.

As such, it's perfectly natural for people to worry about the future when so many important questions remain unanswered. If Sir David Murray is a true King then he'd have no issue answering these questions and involving us in debating how we can improve our future.

Unfortunately, I've seen and heard more from Lord Lucan than him in recent times. Poor show from a man who was happy to accept the plaudits in the 90s but less eager to accept the criticism since.

I have no problem with people expressing opinions, it is a forum after all. I was more concerned with the repetitive nature of this particular topic.

SDM is still by far the majority MIH and Rangers shareholder and he will ultimately decide how these companies operate.

Of course Lloyds have a healthy interest in both so will have a big say at the table but the suggestion that they alone dictate to the owner isn't accurate IMO.

perhaps.

Lloyds invested if that is the correct word, £150 million debt for equity in MIH, there is also the restructuring of Premier Property Group debt, which saw circa £400 million absorbed in the restructure, so all in all the not very bright SDM who we have been assured was and is a busted flush, managed to bring the bank in for or restructure a further £550 million or there abouts. Not to bad when the other side has all the base ball bats, allegedly.

how many bats were recieved in return for 550 million.

if you have a 95% mortgage do you realy own your house.

My name is on the deeds but yes of course my bank have a say in how the deal with the debt I have with them - much as they do with Rangers.

However, they don't dictate to me how I spend my money on an ongoing basis and the terms of the loan won't change unless my finances become an issue where-upon they'd be entitled to call in the debt. I can also change bank at any time if I feel they are unreasonable before such a stage is reached.

The £23million long term loan Rangers have with HBOS/LBG is much the same I'd imagine in-so-far that, yes, they'll have a say when we're struggling but with the club doing relatively OK for the last 2-3 years financially, their say will have been diluted somewhat.

One man ultimately decides the direction we take just like I decide how to run my life irrespective of my mortgage commitments.

Right enough we never won anything until the King came to the club. We should all bow to the King for the new stadium that he built brick by brick. Also for trying to get rid of our culture and traditions, and setting up a grass line to get Rangers fans banned or jailed.

and the bank hold those untill the motgage is paid off.

No,the bank hold a charge over the property, same as any secured loan. As for bats, I am sure the owner still has more than enough for a home run.

Right enough we never won anything until the King came to the club. We should all bow to the King for the new stadium that he built brick by brick. Also for trying to get rid of our culture and traditions, and setting up a grass line to get Rangers fans banned or jailed.

Murray built us materially and torn us down traditionally.

GTF Vineyard.

We're veering off topic here but as I said, the name on the deed determines ownership.

the names rather irellevant if you cant even look at them.

we arent going of topic you know exactly what i mean.

i maintain murrays power at mih and as a result rangers is minimal IMHO.

the names rather irellevant if you cant even look at them.

we arent going of topic you know exactly what i mean.

i maintain murrays power at mih and as a result rangers is minimal IMHO.

everyone is entitled to an opinion but when facts are placed against your total guesswork then it's not hard to make your mind up what is accurate

A more interesting slant on all these banking issues is that the Financial Ombudsman is apparently planning on recommending that Lloyds is broken up soonest - i.e. HBOS would become their own company again; perhaps as soon as next month.

I work for lloyds to try and shed some light on this, hbos will still remain under the lloyds banking group as they are now and lloyds are considerinv closing their branches in scotland just leaving hbos up here, atleast thats what im led to believe anyway

I work for lloyds to try and shed some light on this, hbos will still remain under the lloyds banking group as they are now and lloyds are considerinv closing their branches in scotland just leaving hbos up here, atleast thats what im led to believe anyway

Thanks for the info but I'm not sure the retention (or otherwise) of HBOS will be Lloyds decision to make. :)

At the end of the day he's fucked off when the shits hit the fan, and leaves the yes men in charge, he lapped it up during the 9 in a row era and the start of Advocaats riegn, He doesn't give a fuck about us, an attention seeker who has benn posted missing

Thanks for the info but I'm not sure the retention (or otherwise) of HBOS will be Lloyds decision to make. :)

Apparently the ombudsman is more interested in the number of branches..

I believe tesco bank is buying about 45 fitted branches from the lloyds group

everyone is entitled to an opinion but when facts are placed against your total guesswork then it's not hard to make your mind up what is accurate

like when some tard claims johnson has rubished the whyte bid or mike mccurray retired.

lloyds own 30% of mih. they also own hundreds of milions of preferential shares which entitle them to a dividend.

so not only do the get huge interest payments and loan repayments the also get huge parts of any profit.

they have murray by the balls and are shaking hard.

like when some tard claims johnson has rubished the whyte bid or mike mccurray retired.

I forgot about how mike mccurry left his job, this post was about 6 months ago...hilarious you still deem it to be comment worthy never mind remember it.... :lol:

Lets see how the Whyte bids turns out then and we will take it from there, if i'm wrong i am happy to put my hands up and say so... :)