McCoist looks to secure Bartley for next season

The Daily Recotd, via Keith Jackson is today reporting that Ally McCoist is looking to secure his first signing for his new Rangers team as soon as he can; the man who is in his crosshairs in Kyle Bartley.The on-loan Arsenal defender has been in scintillating form since he blasted his way into the first team with an assist in his first game, a booking against Brown in his second and a series of assured performances since, winning Man of the Match on Sunday against Kilmarnock as a stand out in an otherwise lethargic performance by the squad.

View the full article

exactly. why not try an work some sort of deal between arsenal , mcgregor to them , bartley to us, plus they throw in a loan deal for 1 of their exciting youngster (assuming of course they pay the loans wages to cover greegs cost ) . I know this is the ussual "what if scenario " we see on here alot . But i think it would be a sound bit of buisness for us . ready made back up in alexander . be gettin a young defender thats proving himself this year and in a few years be a potential captain imo. plus if theres no buyout we will need to be relying on loans again next year . and why not build up a good relationship with arsenal who excell in producing top quality youngsters who would need to get out on loan

I was speaking to my brother about this at the weekend, I would happily do a straight swap Bartley for McGregor. If we got him tied up on a decent length of contract I would be delighted, he's going to be an immense player.

Love McGregor but i would do this, Big Bartley is a cracking player. Hopefully we can keep both him and McGregor lol