Dado doubt for Caley trip

trueblue1872

Rangers striker Dado Prso is rated very doubtful for the SPL trip to Inverness Caledonian Thistle on Wednesday.

The former Croatia international asked to be withdrawn from the weekend win at Aberdeen due to a groin injury.

Defender Steven Smith could return after a groin problem but long-term casualties Kris Boyd, Chris Burke and Ian Murray all remain sidelined.

Kick-off 8pm.

Rangers (from): McGregor, Hutton, Hemdani, Svensson, Papac, Sionko, Ferguson, Clement, Adam, Prso, Sebo, Novo, Rae, Klos, Buffel, Rodriguez, Stanger, Lowing, Smith.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/preview/0...1797149,00.html

Big blow.

Look like Sebos going to start then :ph43r:

Not good news. Smith wont make it and Le Guen would be silly to bring him back as it would be too early.

As for Sebo starting, please no!

Not going to this game does anyone know if it is on setanta?

If Sebo starts I'll be gutted to see PLG put his own ego before the team.

Buffel gives us so much more; start him.

The only way i see Buffel starting is if we go back to 4-5-1.

Can't see PLG putting Novo and Buffel together in a 4-4-2.

Starting Sebo doesnt put his ego before the team Danny

Its on Setanta yea

I don't see how not. He's the one who bought the pudding - he spent ?1.8m on him, and it's clear the boy's no good. Persisting with him is pointless and serves only to suggest PLG's own ego at wanting to justify his own buy was worth it.

Would you honestly rather see Sebo start than anyone else?

Can't agree. Buffel has operated in 4-4-2 before - in fact, he had an excellent partnership with a Peter Lovenkrands before in that setup - he played in behind him and it worked fantastically.

He could operate in behind Novo.

Le Guen better not change the 4-4-2. I'd go with same team as Aberdeen game but with Buffel replacing Prso. I dont want to see Sebo making any start.

(tu)

It's the most logical thing to do!

Can't agree. Buffel has operated in 4-4-2 before - in fact, he had an excellent partnership with a Peter Lovenkrands before in that setup - he played in behind him and it worked fantastically.

I agree with you Danny but i can see PLG going for Sebo as he's a big lad that can win the high balls that are tossed forward from the back.

I agree with you Danny but i can see PLG going for Sebo as he's a big lad that can win the high balls.

I can see Le Guen going with Sebo too (td)

Buffel is by far the better option, it not as if Dado is a prolific goalscorer. Buffel could do the same roaming role that Dado does, maybe not holding the ball so much or maybe not seeming to show the strength that Dado does. On the plus side he has more skill, pace and the ability to make the pass that Dado doesn't have in his locker. Even more important is that he can last 90 minutes and that gives less chance of Sebo or Rae coming on.

Buffel is by far the better option, it not as if Dado is a prolific goalscorer. Buffel could do the same roaming role that Dado does, maybe not holding the ball so much or maybe not seeming to show the strength that Dado does. On the plus side he has more skill, pace and the ability to make the pass that Dado doesn't have in his locker. Even more important is that he can last 90 minutes and that gives less chance of Sebo or Rae coming on.

(tu)

I'd probably prefer Buffel but I could see Sebo being started for his physical presence, maybe depending on the weather/pitch. The squad is starting to look just a wee bit thin with all the injuries. Do I take it Lee Martin is not a candidate to come back into the squad? :unsure:

I'd probably prefer Buffel but I could see Sebo being started for his physical presence, maybe depending on the weather/pitch. The squad is starting to look just a wee bit thin with all the injuries. Do I take it Lee Martin is not a candidate to come back into the squad? :unsure:

I believe Lee Martin will be back at Old Trafford in January. He was p*sh anyway!

I'd probably prefer Buffel but I could see Sebo being started for his physical presence, maybe depending on the weather/pitch. The squad is starting to look just a wee bit thin with all the injuries. Do I take it Lee Martin is not a candidate to come back into the squad:unsure:

I believe Lee Martin will be back at Old Trafford in January. He was p*sh anyway!

Thats just paper rumors.

The last offical shit that came out was PLG trying to extend his stay till the summer.

I'd rather have Martin than Stanger (though I admit I haven't seen too much of the French lad).

Martin is a one trick pony, who couldn't even carry out the trick doh He is injury prone and would struggle to cross the road let alone cross a ball into the box.