Kinda quiet oan here nooadays Eh ?

BLUEDIGNITY

Imagine that, someone talking sense.

Sense? Is there a team on earth that performs to their highest level every time?

Naw. No not one and there never shall be one. Not Barca, the Lakers, the Cowboys and most certainly not The Rangers at this time.

In our squad we have a very mixed level of abilities - most of them honest pros offering their (inconsistent) best. And if our best players (Davis, Bougherra, Weiss, Jelavic etc.) do not perform at the top of their game or cannot due to injury then the lack of depth virtually guarantees that we have a big variation in standards of play.

It's only common sense to realise it. In accepting that it gives me all the more pleasure when we play well. Most certainly not another opportunity to start greetin' about what we cannot reasonably deliver. To me - at least - what Smith and this squad have delivered for us this season is little short of amazing.

Even Davie Moyes knows it. :pipe:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's been nothing tae moan aboot this weekend.

We won 5-0.

We played attacking, entertaining football.

Lennon got chucked oot the golf club.

Bin Laden got popped.

The takeover's nearly done and dusted. :craphead:

Mhiller may be returning.

Bartley's coming back tae the Rangers next season.

So it's happy days all round for the Bears.

Oh aye, and the wee wummin that keeps cutting across 1st_Jan_1894's crazy paving has been away tae Ardrossan for the Easter weekend.

Sense? Is there a team on earth that performs to their highest level every time?

Naw. No not one and there never shall be one. Not Barca, the Lakers, the Cowboys and most certainly not The Rangers at this time.

In our squad we have a very mixed level of abilities - most of them honest pros offering their (inconsistent) best. And if our best players (Davis, Bougherra, Weiss, Jelavic etc.) do not perform at the top of their game or cannot due to injury then the lack of depth virtually guarantees that we have a big variation in standards of play.

It's only common sense to realise it. In accepting that it gives me all the more pleasure when we play well. Most certainly not another opportunity to start greetin' about what we cannot reasonably deliver. To me - at least - what Smith and this squad have delivered for us this season is little short of amazing.

Even Davie Moyes knows it. :pipe:

We have an ample side to attack the types of rubbish we play week in week out. You think it's acceptable to play sides like Hamilton and sneak a 1-0 victory and play negatively with them often our playing us?

I'm not expecting us to be winning 5-0 all the time but if we simply played with a positive outlook against the rest of the SPL like we did against Motherwell then we would have likely won the league by now.

Need I remind you that we played 5 at the back for a lengthy period. That was only acceptable against Man Utd and maybe Valencia.

We have an ample side to attack the types of rubbish we play week in week out. You think it's acceptable to play sides like Hamilton and sneak a 1-0 victory and play negatively with them often our playing us?

I'm not expecting us to be winning 5-0 all the time but if we simply played with a positive outlook against the rest of the SPL like we did against Motherwell then we would have likely won the league by now.

Need I remind you that we played 5 at the back for a lengthy period. That was only acceptable against Man Utd and maybe Valencia.

And not having 5 fit defenders to do this in the CIS Cup Final was probably the reason we won it.

Likely isn't cutting it in hindsight let alone for the future. I'd love to see us playing free-flowing, expansive fitba, but be have ups and downs because we do not have a strong pool of very good players.

It's also the single biggest reason I'd like to see The Rangers gtf our of Scottish fitba. I yearn for the days when we can enjoy players of the calibre of, say, Baxter, D Smith, Cooper, Souness, Laudrup, Cuellar and more without the knowledge that we will inevitably lose them.

I find that more dispiriting than accepting we have honest triers that deliver what they can and the resulting inconsistency.

Likely isn't cutting it in hindsight let alone for the future. I'd love to see us playing free-flowing, expansive fitba, but be have ups and downs because we do not have a strong pool of very good players.

It's also the single biggest reason I'd like to see The Rangers gtf our of Scottish fitba. I yearn for the days when we can enjoy players of the calibre of, say, Baxter, D Smith, Cooper, Souness, Laudrup, Cuellar and more without the knowledge that we will inevitably lose them.

I find that more dispiriting than accepting we have honest triers that deliver what they can and the resulting inconsistency.

Again I reiterate my previous point, however limited some of our squad are they are capable of playing attacking football against a dire side like Hamilton. They ARE better than those players. :rolleyes:.

The 'pure honest hard triers doing their best' line is sickening. We are likely to lose this title simply because Walter is too negative.

We performed this season when we had a go at sides.

Nobody is expecting us to play great football, just at least attack dire sides in the SPL. For Rangers to get outplayed at times by such mediocre opposition is a joke.

I was impressed by the invention of some of the perpetually dissatisfied in response to the classy 5-0 horsing we dished out.

Struggling to put the boot in regarding the match and result itself, one miserable cunt ran a thread bemoaning the fact that we don't play that way every match. :lol:

They always put me in mind of the Jay-Z line:

"You know the type, loud as a motor-bike, but couldn't burst a grape in a fruit-fight."

Aye.

That jay-z has written some classic lines and that grape one is one of the best, 'grape in a fruit-fight' (tu) Nearly shit maself at some of his stuff, hard as a bollock he is ! :sherlock: