Nine players to be inducted into the hall of frame

Broxi1872

I can see your point. For me though, I think they have the balance just about right (from the players that I know). Over 200 appearances is a good cut off in my opinion for a 'good' player to get in, since they have then served the club well, and exceptions can be made for excellent players like Laudrup and Gazza. Wilkins makes no sense though!

Wilkins entered at a time where the bulk of the inductees came from the modern era. There now seems to be an attempt to address this imbalance, but it's still a bit hit and miss in my view. Just for example, and with respect to the players(before someone jumps down my throat), but how can Dawson, Wilkins and Weir be considered equals to the likes of Morton, Baxter and McCoist? A museum would have been the ideal way to educate the fans about the very good players and loyal servants who played for us but just fell short of the elite bracket.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilkins entered at a time where the bulk of the inductees came from the modern era. There now seems to be an attempt to address this imbalance, but it's still a bit hit and miss in my view. Just for example, and with respect to the players(before someone jumps down my throat), but how can Dawson, Wilkins and Weir be considered equals to the likes of Morton, Baxter and McCoist? A museum would have been the ideal way to educate the fans about the very good players and loyal servants who played for us but just fell short of the elite bracket.

Yeah, that's a good idea. But another thing about the hall of Fame is that it should give the players a realistic honour to aim for. Maybe a two-tier system (something like the distinction between KBE and MBE/CBE in the Queen's honours list) could separate the true greats from the good servants whilst also officially recognising the good servants in some way.

Yeah, that's a good idea. But another thing about the hall of Fame is that it should give the players a realistic honour to aim for. Maybe a two-tier system (something like the distinction between KBE and MBE/CBE in the Queen's honours list) could separate the true greats from the good servants whilst also officially recognising the good servants in some way.

That would have worked too. (tu)