Nine players to be inducted into the hall of frame

Broxi1872

Not even sure who is in this years, but guys like Ian Redford, Dave McPherson, Ally Dawson. Nothing against them, but Hall of Fame? Should it not be reserved for the elite

Trevor Steven was another, cracking player, but here for 2 years, then injured for best part of 5 once he came back.

Because of how it is done and the way whatever many folk from each era have to get in, then folk get picked just cause they have to have so many nominations. It gets to the stage then that folk get nominated just for being there a couple of years.

Not really bothered about it to be honest, just not how I would do it.

I see. It's the nominations you don't like. I don't think most of them are actually in it. How do they go from being nominated to getting in?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only to overly precious rangers fans who think if they name a dead rangers player over someone who has contributed to the modern era that makes them look more knowledgeable..... (tu)

Or the favourite saying what would struth say, when you know the guys are just kids.

Anyone and anybody can get in our Hall of Fame. It should be reserved for people who have spent their entire or the majority of their careers at the club and contributed a lot to Rangers Football Club on and off the pitch.

There aren't that many people who have done that though. I can see wanting it to be exclusive, but it can't be too exclusive. Would you not have Laudrup or Klos in there?

There aren't that many people who have done that though. I can see wanting it to be exclusive, but it can't be too exclusive. Would you not have Laudrup or Klos in there?

Laudrup contributed heavily to 9IAR and was a model performer on and off the pitch obviously I would. Stefan Klos I would aswell as he spent the best years of his career at Rangers and was the same as Laudrup on and off the pitch so Yes.

DOUBLE-winning captain David Weir heads a list of nine past and present Rangers players who have been inducted into the club's Hall of Fame today.

Jimmy Bowie, Ally Dawson, Arthur Dixon, Jock Drummond, Neilly Gibson, Robert Hamilton, George Niven and Jimmy Simpson are the other eight to be named.

Hypothetical question.

If we signed a striker, and he scored 30 goals in the SPL, took us tae the CL final by scoring a goal in every round, and then scored a hat trick in the final for a 3-2 victory..................................and left the following season, would he be worthy of the Hall Of Fame?

I mean........................playing 1 season for the Rangers and achieveing legendary status?

Think aboot it. (tu)

DOUBLE-winning captain David Weir heads a list of nine past and present Rangers players who have been inducted into the club's Hall of Fame today.

Jimmy Bowie, Ally Dawson, Arthur Dixon, Jock Drummond, Neilly Gibson, Robert Hamilton, George Niven and Jimmy Simpson are the other eight to be named.

Ach well, that's us fucked noo.

Ozblue and Minstral will be the only 2 oan here that can carry oan wae the discussion. :rolleyes:

Ach well, that's us fucked noo.

Ozblue and Minstral will be the only 2 oan here that can carry oan wae the discussion. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Minstral said he went to school with Neilly Gibson.

Laudrup contributed heavily to 9IAR and was a model performer on and off the pitch obviously I would. Stefan Klos I would aswell as he spent the best years of his career at Rangers and was the same as Laudrup on and off the pitch so Yes.

Which ones wouldn't you have?

I wouldn't have Wilkins simply because he didn't play enough games. I can't speak for the ones before the 80s since I wasn't around.

im still surprised wilkins is in it,ive said numerous occasions that he in it purely for that goal against them,ive nothin against him personally but he played less than 100 games for us,dont think that merits an inclusion.

always thought a hall of fame should be exclusive.soon there will be more names in it than there are on the bricks around the stadium.might as well have salim.

i am kerkar

we are all kerkar

Which ones wouldn't you have?

I wouldn't have Wilkins simply because he didn't play enough games. I can't speak for the ones before the 80s since I wasn't around.

I will need to see a list the of the Hall of Fame ye got a link by any chance???

This is from wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangers_F.C._Hall_of_Fame

It's sourced from the official website but it's easier to read since it's all on one page.

Wilkins that's about it tbh because I'm only 17 but I've seen enough from that era to know who qualifies as hall of fame material and not ie.Super Ally and Durrant

Our Hall of Fame became a bit of a joke when Ray Wilkins was inducted into it

Good player n all but Hall of Fame? Really? He was only here for 2 and a half years, and personally i'd demand at least 4 before i'd class someone as Hall of Fame material