Papac: Rangers can keep on winning

Broxi1872

Sasa Papac has said that Rangers can enjoy more trophy success next season, especially if they buy but don’t sell this summer.

With Ally McCoist taking over from outgoing manager Walter Smith there will be change at the Ibrox club but Papac has said that keeping the core of the SPL winning team from last season will help with continued success. McCoist is said to be pushing to get Allan McGregor, Steven Davis, Madjid Bougherra and Steven Whittaker tied down on new deals.

Papac said that securing those stars and adding more would stand the club in good stead for the challenges ahead.

"Of course we can win more next season, especially if we can stay with the same squad that won the title in May,” he told Rangers’ official website.

"I'm sure there will be a couple of new players and Ally will be a very good manager because he has learned from the best in Walter.

"So everything is there for us and it's a very exciting time to be at the club."

The Bosnian defender also singled out one player he said would make a real difference when the new season comes around. Nikica Jelavic has said he will be staying at Rangers despite speculation about his future and Papac said the Croatian was a friend as well as a colleague.

"I saw Nikica playing for Rapid Vienna and I could see that he is a high quality striker,” he said. "To score the number of goals he did last season was fantastic and he is a very important player for us.

"For me it's also nice to have someone at the club that speaks my language. When I first came here Dado Prso was great and helped me in my first year.

"Now Nikica is at Rangers and it is nice because we grew up in towns just 20 miles apart."

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/254459-papac-rangers-can-keep-on-winning/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I always saw Papac as an outsider of the squad to be honest, a quiet man who got on with his job. Kinda happy for him he has found someone close to where he is from as it is a completely different way of life where they are from.

GBTP.

"jelavic and i grew up in towns 20 miles apart. Turns out i massacred his granparents whilst he bombed my parents house during the Bosninan War. Funny old world."

:lol:

Papac seems like a thoroughly nice chap. Now that he's signed it seems ridiculous that his future was ever in doubt.

I always saw Papac as an outsider of the squad to be honest, a quiet man who got on with his job. Kinda happy for him he has found someone close to where he is from as it is a completely different way of life where they are from.

I always thought he would be really popular