Why The Panic?

KingKirk

It's the 23 of June yet people are worried over the lack of transfer movement in and out of our club, In my opinion all this worry based on one player rejecting us and a 300k transfer bid being knocked back.

Fine Hemed knocked us back that happens in football. We never offered Conway a contract to knock back. Yes hearts rejected a bid from us, I expect us to make a second bid but wouldn't pay the 1million they are looking for.

From were am sitting everything is looking promising to be honest. We have an offer in for King Carlos, whitts has been offered a new deal, shagger wants to stay as does Davis. Weiss and Bartley also want to return. We still have time and offers/deals am sure will happen.

Put your trust in our management team!!

IN ALLY WE TRUST

IN CRAIG WHYTE WE TRUST

IN THE RANGERS WE TRUST

(tu):21:

Lets look at the facts.

According to Hemeds agent we made the more lucrative financial offer but the player wanted to play in La Liga.

Conway was never offered a deal.

Offers have been made to Goodwillie,Cuellar &Wallace and these are ongoing.

Be patient,It's not about getting players in first,It's getting the right players at the best price on realistic contracts.

I've had my fill of moonbeams for a lifetime. We have a tough series of nine games before the window shuts. We should be getting players in now ready for pre-season and the three who are to be offered extensions should be given take it or leave it ultimatums. It's nothing to do with panic, it's about what is best for results on the park.

Why the panic?

Well so far all we've heard is talk. Numerous times we've heard that there is money to spend, yet we've offered Hemed a £4k a week contract (yes, it's no big deal he's a nobody), then we say the £2m being quoted for Scotland's hottest prospect is too much although we've splashed out that kind of money in the past for the likes of Thomson and Whittaker. Lastly we offer Hearts a mersely £300k for their international full-back, yes I don't rate him, but I just get this feeling all these offers are smoke screens. I'm dreading us going into the new season and hearing the words 'we tried to get a few in, but we were priced out of any moves due to an inflated market!'. I'd hate to see the offer we have made for Cuellar!

Remember Kenny McDowell has said that we would like one or two in before the players return to training on the 27th. That's 4 days away, to me it's like a deadline that they may miss. By that I mean, it was a great chance for Craig Whyte and Ally to prove their point, make a statement. Yet so far have failed.

My biggest worry is the fact Allan McGregor, Steven Whittaker and Steven Davis haven't signed new contracts. As far as I'm aware all three want to sign new contracts and Ally is more than keen to tie them down. However no deal has yet been signed! Is this all a smoke screen, so we can get the best offer available? Are we waiting for funds to come in, before we can start making serious offers for players?

Now having said all that, I do believe all it takes is one deal, one contract being signed, one offer being accepted and I will be fully behind the management and board again. Unitl then though, I wouldn't say I'm panicing at the moment, but slightly more cautious than I was two weeks ago.

People are panicking because of how publicly we are conducting ourselves in the transfer market. This has always annoyed me about us. Whenever a player chooses not to come here, people start complaining and panicking because they think we have lost out.

The fact is, when players have 4 or 5 clubs after them, we aren't always going to get them. We are not the only club to lose out on players, however we are one of the only clubs who publicise an "enquiry" into a player nevermind a bid, making it look as if we are constantly being rejected.

The season is a long way away, and I would much rather we took or time to sign good players on good terms, than panic buy the likes of Rothen on massive wages and regret it within a fortnight.

I'm not so much panicking, but i must admit i'm a wee bit dissapointed in the fact it is nearly 5 weeks from the end of last season and not just the fact we haven't signed anybody, we haven't extended any of the current players contract that are up shortly. So although i didn't expect all our business to be done by now, i did expect to have signed greegs or davis to longer contracts and more importantly for ally to have made his first signing as a manager, i don't believe for a minute he's no desperate to get the first one in the bag