Fare & The Celtic Connection

taken from vanguardbears

Piara Powar, the Executive Director of the Football Against Racism in Europe (FARE) network, is the husband of Aasmah Mir, the BBC broadcaster who has described herself as an ‘enthusiastic Celtic supporter’

Powar was recently forced to defend his organisation against claims that an orchestrated campaign had been waged against Rangers, which had resulted in the charges of sectarian singing being brought against the Ibrox club.

FARE has drawn heavy criticism from officials and supporters of the Ibrox club. Martin Bain, the then chief executive, was particularly critical of what he called an unaccountable group passing judgment on top level games. Regardless, Rangers were punished with a fine of ¤40,000 and a ban on their supporters travelling to their next away match in Europe.

Rangers Chairman, Craig Whyte thinks Rangers get targeted more than other clubs and has suggested that ‘dark forces’ were at work against Rangers -

"From what I've heard about Fare, there was some local Glasgow-based people who were looking to cause trouble for Rangers. That's what's been published and if that is the case it is clearly unfair on us," he said.

Fare has steadfastly denied the notion that the organisation is being driven by a group of Celtic fans.

However in a dramatic new twist, it has now emerged Piara Powar has been receiving consultancy fees from a company called ‘Onside’ that has direct links with Celtic !

Onside is a subsidiary of another company called ‘Milestone’.

Brett Desmond, son of Dermot Desmond, chairman of Celtic FC owns shares in Milestone.The shares are held by a company called Aurum Nominees Ltd

However, more damming evidence has now emerged that, Dermot Desmond is also a director in Aurum Nominees Ltd, registered in Dublin.

This effectively means that Dermot Desmond Chairman of Celtic Football club, and his son, Brett Desmond, have direct financial links with the FARE organisations Executive Director, Piara Powar.

We can only speculate on whether Powar has been influenced by Dermot Desmond, and indeed Celtic football club, and whether this is the ‘dark force’ Craig Whyte has alluded to.

However as the old saying goes: ‘There’s no smoke without fire’ !

Please feel free to copy and send to anyone you think may be interested. I was bored so summarised the situation in dramatic journo speak !

But who could have known? :sherlock:

There's a famous recollection of the events where a 'celebrated' manager of 666fc physically kicked the paedo from Torbett Towers. He could have gone to the polis instead. Should have? Absolutely.

Truth is stranger than fiction right enough. I take no lessons in morality on The Rangers from anyone.

You mean the club who once pulled the shades to protect it's reputation rather than hand a subsequently convicted paedophile over to the authorities?

As far as I can see this "old firm" dignified silence bollox has to stop, it's all one way and has been for a while. I can accept when their scumbag fans are trying every trick in the book to land us in trouble but when it's senior management something has to give. Lets hope Whyte is the man to meet these reptiles head on and the first signs are he is. The timing of their chairman's resignation could be interesting in these murky underhand dealings.

Can't Rangers take this evidence back to UEFA and appeal the findings against them (the ban and Euro away game ban) due to a 'conflict of interest' regarding FARE?

Rangers presented the evidence at the meeting. It's my view that's why our "punishment" was lighter than what had been getting muted around due to this evidence and FARE are finished in UEFAs eyes.

What is indisputable though is that we were guilty of what we were accused of.

(tu)

Can't Rangers take this evidence back to UEFA and appeal the findings against them (the ban and Euro away game ban) due to a 'conflict of interest' regarding FARE?

Rangers presented the evidence at the meeting. It's my view that's why our "punishment" was lighter than what had been getting muted around due to this evidence and FARE are finished in UEFAs eyes.

I alluded to it at the time, that the club had a smoking gun.

(tu)

Have you seen the evidence then?

Was there any element of agent provocateur?

(tu)

ye can thank that shitebag martin bain over all this crap

The one thing I will say is that a friend of mine contacted Martin Bain about this and Bain invited him in and took all the info from him. This was defo used to defend us and it was Bain that made it happen.

That is 100% indisputable fact incidentally.

could this away ban be dropped

No. The club feared a worse outcome. We genuinely believed it was one or two games behind closed doors. The punishment was reduced due to the evidence we had on FARE.

I said at the time that the club would NOT appeal the decision. And they didn't. The feeling around the corridors was that we had got off lightly.

No. The club feared a worse outcome. We genuinely believed it was one or two games behind closed doors. The punishment was reduced due to the evidence we had on FARE.

I said at the time that the club would NOT appeal the decision. And they didn't. The feeling around the corridors was that we had got off lightly.

ok buy what i dont get we all seen the Barcelona and Real Madrid fans making monkey chants at both there games what are UEFA doin about that