"ortiz Is Joining The Real Madrid Of Scotland"

Broxi

Juan Manuel Ortiz has revealed that Aston Villa defender Carlos Cuellar told him he would be joining the ‘Real Madrid of Scotland’ ahead of his proposed move to Rangers.

Almeria striker Ortiz is on the verge of completing a move to the Scottish champions and a source close to him told SunSport that ex-‘Gers centre-half Cuellar described the club as being like Spanish giants Madrid.

"Carlos phoned Juanma in Glasgow on Tuesday and told him he was thrilled for him that he was joining Rangers,” the source revealed.

“He said it was a great move for him. Carlos described Rangers as 'the Real Madrid of Scotland' and that really excited Juanma.

"They played together at Osasuna and they are good friends."

And Ortiz insists he is keen for the deal to go through as swiftly as possible so he can get on with the next phase of his football career.

“I want this to go through quickly so I can go to Germany. I want to leave with the rest of the lads. I have everything ready to be a Rangers player,” he said.

Real Madrid are second best :(

:pipe: