Apple Imac

Ballymoney bluenose

I am currently considering Buying the 27 inch 2.7GHz Apple iMac. I am starting University in september and some money has been freed up to buy one of these. I will be getting Apple's Student discount (15% i think) and i think they look absoulutely stunning. I bought the 32gb WiFi iPad 2 on release date and i havent had any problem with it so far, therefore i am pleased with their stuff.

Could anyone on here tell me if the iMac is worth the money? I already have a 1TB external hard drive sitting unused for when i do buy a new machine. Will that prevent it from slowing down? I will be using it for web surfing, word processing, spreadsheets and all the other university work that you would come across and maybe football manager 12 when it comes out.

If that is all you are going to be using it for then you are probably throwing your money away.

What is your course in to see if this will affect what you need.

I am not a Mac user and but for a windows equivalent of what you need to do would be less than 500.

Hopefully someone that knows about Macs can help you on that side but that machine seems way too powerful for what you need to do.

If that is all you are going to be using it for then you are probably throwing your money away.

What is your course in to see if this will affect what you need.

I am not a Mac user and but for a windows equivalent of what you need to do would be less than 500.

Hopefully someone that knows about Macs can help you on that side but that machine seems way too powerful for what you need to do.

I might need AutoCAD for my course

I might need AutoCAD for my course

Still wouldn't need a powerful Mac for that. Used AutoCAD many a times and it works fully well on a good windows system which would be half the price.

I have the iMac and I love it. All of my previous computers and laptops have slowed down after a while, but I have had my iMac for a year now and it hasn't slowed at all.

Only thing I hate is the mouse.

If you are looking for value for money, then they are definitely a bit overpriced. But I can have no complaints about the reliability and performance of it.

I've been going between Macs and PC's on a daily basis for around 5 years now. But that's because the field I'm in requires it... If it was up to me I'd only use a PC for the rest of my days and it wouldn't hinder my ability to produce quality work. But unfortunately i could end up working in an office that's mac only so i need to stay up to date with both platforms.

For what you would be using it for you'd be as good as pissing money up against a wall..