As It Stands....

Swagger

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can totally understand why everyone's worried but it is only the first game of the season? We probably need to give Ally til the window shuts to really make a judgement on whether the squad is good enough or not?

My big fear is that the players won't have the same respect(fear?)of Ally as they did of Walter? Its always hard when the "number 2" steps up, I have every faith that Ally will deliver but do the players? :unsure:

....this squad wont win the league. Yes there will probably be loads of replies telling me otherwise but deep down I dont think anyone can say that the current squad will see us to the title. Quality signings are needed ASAP

I agree 100%

There's been ample time to get players in but we are still weaker as a squad than the start of the last campaign. We were not ready for hearts yesterday, the lack of width is blinding yet we are pursuing 2 centre backs!! (cuellar and the Romanian). We need 1 centre half, one winger, one striker and a few squad players.

My mate said today we are stronger than Celtic, but I had to disagree, IMO they are far stronger ATM, plenty of width, a 45 goal per season striking partnership, plenty of central mids to choose from, good full backs, their central defense and goalie may still be suspect. My mates specs are very blue tinted.

I was very disappointed yesterday.

Ps Papac was my motm,

as i said last night we havnt a squad never mind a strong one ,a point that got lost with the blue spectacled brigade .

i also said all we need is one injury and we are struggling ..

i never knew the bougherra news was forthcoming that was a surprise and inturn everyone is now in a state of

panic ,same ones that where arguin the toss "that we have a squad"...honestly we need to get the finger out ...

....this squad wont win the league. Yes there will probably be loads of replies telling me otherwise but deep down I dont think anyone can say that the current squad will see us to the title. Quality signings are needed ASAP

I would never write this team of fighters off but have to say we may be asking too much to send them into yet another campaign without reinforcements. The players we have deserve a bit more quality and depth around them but I still think we'll make about 4-5 signings then maybe a couple of Weiss-type loans from the premiership.