Does It Sicken Anyone Else?

I don't know about anyone else, but it really annoys me watching this tournament. You see all the frankly stupid Asian fans who take a nearly fanatical interest in two nothing teams (Villa and Blackburn), and a team that up until 7 or 8 years ago was also virtually nothing (Chelsea). I know they must be making a fortune, but frankly I wouldn't take Rangers over there for all the money in the world, I hate what football, particularly English football has become.

it worries me that it worries you who they are playing pre season

It doesn't bother me who they are playing, but seeing some hundreds of guys from Hong Kong or wherever all wearing Blackburn Rovers shirts, when they couldn't even point to Blackburn on a map just shows how stupid that football has become

It doesn't bother me who they are playing, but seeing some hundreds of guys from Hong Kong or wherever all wearing Blackburn Rovers shirts, when they couldn't even point to Blackburn on a map just shows how stupid that football has become

you right i'd hate to see 100's of people buying rangers strips...

same with these people who buy brazil strips and what not... idiots

also these idiots at football clubs who try to open new markets and revenue streams should be shot!!

Have a word with yourself ya nutjob.

also these idiots at football clubs who try to open new markets and revenue streams should be shot!!

Have a rep (tu):D

Fair enough, I was just wondering if anyone else got annoyed by this. Clearly they aren't that's fine. But it does annoy me when I see it, as they are not supporting the likes of Blackburn, but just a Premier League team. The majority couldn't care which team it is, they just go mental for the EPL.

Fair enough, I was just wondering if anyone else got annoyed by this. Clearly they aren't that's fine. But it does annoy me when I see it, as they are not supporting the likes of Blackburn, but just a Premier League team. The majority couldn't care which team it is, they just go mental for the EPL.

most strips over there are probably fake anyway...

:D

most strips over there are probably fake anyway...

:D

Aye, probably. I was just in a bad mood earlier, turned on the TV and saw some wee guy with a Blackburn shirt on, and for some reason it really pissed me off. Probably came off as a nutter though :crabflute:

We'd more likely be in that tournament if some had their way and we were in the premiership.

Definitely, and really that's kind of what annoyed me. Because clearly we are much larger than Blackburn, yet some wee guy in Hong Kong has decided that Blackburn will be his EPL team, solely because they play in the EPL. It is an almost entirely non-football decision

Aye, probably. I was just in a bad mood earlier, turned on the TV and saw some wee guy with a Blackburn shirt on, and for some reason it really pissed me off. Probably came off as a nutter though :crabflute:

totaly understand that as a footballing spectical these tournies are gash at best.

but money and marketing wise they are worth thier wieght in replica shirts.

I'm sure rangers would have been invited to 1 or 2 of these this year but with our season starting so early the decision was taken not to go to Vietnam or some pish place.

any of the ones I've been to are only good for the fans as you meet teams and fans you would never really meet otherwise and have a good sing song. and I like it more when they come here and get to take in our patch for a day or 2.

When I was a kid I started watching basketball and ice hockey, started supporting Houston Rockets and Colorado Avalanche. Fuck knows why, they were not the best teams at the time. People do random shit when they like a sport. Deal with it.

When I was a kid I started watching basketball and ice hockey, started supporting Houston Rockets and Colorado Avalanche. Fuck knows why, they were not the best teams at the time. People do random shit when they like a sport. Deal with it.

It's not the wearing of random sports shirts that bothered me, but more the fact that a team like Blackburn get any type of support somewhere like Hong Kong simply because they play in the EPL, and we are left to rot in the SPL.

It's not the wearing of random sports shirts that bothered me, but more the fact that a team like Blackburn get any type of support somewhere like Hong Kong simply because they play in the EPL, and we are left to rot in the SPL.

It is partially our own fault for not marketing abroad well enough! It can be done, that other mob, the ones that are second best do quite a good job and they have the same platform as we do.