Financial Fair Play ?

Basically, there are loopholes (Man City's new Etihad deal) so it will be almost pointless to the big Clubs.

Seen something in an article about this.

This has raised suspicion that clubs such as City can bypass FFP rules by means such as sponsorship. Not so, say Uefa, who stress all deals will be market-tested for fair value.

“Nobody should try to be clever about the possibility of circumnavigating the rules,” warned Infantino. “If the panel have the feeling that the rules are circumnavigated, then this corresponds to a violation.”

I cant be arsed reading up about it tho, would it be beneficial for Rangers ?

Seen something in an article about this.

This has raised suspicion that clubs such as City can bypass FFP rules by means such as sponsorship. Not so, say Uefa, who stress all deals will be market-tested for fair value.

“Nobody should try to be clever about the possibility of circumnavigating the rules,” warned Infantino. “If the panel have the feeling that the rules are circumnavigated, then this corresponds to a violation.”

I cant be arsed reading up about it tho, would it be beneficial for Rangers ?

Paul, PM admin about your lack of giving notifications :lol:

Hmm, I'm not that clued up about it to be fair but have read a few articles in the papers about it. So I'm not the best person to ask, but I think it's kind of indifferent to us.

Maybe 6 or 7 years ago when we were spending a ridiculous amount and finding ourselves in £70Million of debt it would effect us. But not now.

In the most basic of layman's terms Clubs will have to do their best to 'break even', but as I said with Man City if they have that much wealth, they will have that much power. And getting Etihad to give them a huge boost in money will even out their balance sheet allowing them to offer high wages and high transfer fees.

It's yet to be seen if Fifa will block the move, but I doubt they will.

Paul, PM admin about your lack of giving notifications :lol:

Hmm, I'm not that clued up about it to be fair but have read a few articles in the papers about it. So I'm not the best person to ask, but I think it's kind of indifferent to us.

Maybe 6 or 7 years ago when we were spending a ridiculous amount and finding ourselves in £70Million of debt it would effect us. But not now.

In the most basic of layman's terms Clubs will have to do their best to 'break even', but as I said with Man City if they have that much wealth, they will have that much power. And getting Etihad to give them a huge boost in money will even out their balance sheet allowing them to offer high wages and high transfer fees.

It's yet to be seen if Fifa will block the move, but I doubt they will.

Better ?

I always hit multi-quote for some reason when I should be hitting reply.

The basic concept behind FFP is that you can't make more than a certain amount of losses over several seasons or UEFA will punish you by not awarding a license to play in the Champions League or Europa League. This will kick in from the 2013-14 season, when the maximum "losses" (acceptable deviation) will be €45 million ($66.8M) over the first two "monitoring periods," 2011-12 and 2012-13. (If you have time on your hands and enjoy both legalese and accounting, you can download the regulations.)

Interesting that the big clubs are now making noises about making up their own new league outwith the ruling bodies which ties in with these new regulations , IIRC the license is up for renewel 2013/14 which is when the FFP rules come into effect ...

more than coincidental me thinks ...