Rangers - No Support In Malmo Allowed

MosesMcNeil

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CEO of Malmö FF was just on Swedish Television and the reporter asked him how they planned to stop the Scottish supporters from the game. The CEO said there will be a language test at the gates - those who can't pronounce "spettekaka" (a local dessert of the southern parts of Sweden) correctly wont be let in. He was kidding ofcourse... ;)

So how do the celtic fans get into Ibrox? Half of them can't even pronounce their own fucking names. :lol:

Itake exception to being called an arsehole, moron , selfish from faceless people, stand up and be counted then go on report the guys going.

ive attended too many european away ties to be told how to behave by anyone, i very rarely sing at matches(innocent from eindhoven) and tend to take my car to the airport so on most occasions im not the drunken yob some of my fellow "fans" on here are portraying me.

Yes i will be there tomorrow, no i wont have colours on , no i wont cheer when we score and i will be respectful of my hosts who are Malmo fans.

this thread is an embarrasment to Rangers fans and RM.

Well said mate. Enjoy the trip and return safe. Wish I was joining you lot.......................................no matter what anyone else thinks.

can see it now. we had to turn hundreds away. say sweeds. can't get my head round the thinking.

If they have to turn hundreds away from buying a ticket, then they're doing they're jobs properly.

If they have to turn hundreds away who already have a ticket, then they've not done they're jobs properly.

It really couldn't be any more simpler. Rangers FC have not sold tickets for the match, thereby adhering to the ban on ticket sales by Rangers FC to Rangers fans.

FFS Leave the guys tae enjoy their trip and cheer on the team they so obviously love. And hope there are no incidents and they all return safe and sound with a win.

my mates just text me and said he was sitting with Andy Cameron today in Malmo, ive checked our sponsors and cant find his name on it, so has he travelled over as a "dare i say it " a FAN :unsure:

He's a bear who cares, same as yourself mate. Have a good time mate and aye I agreed with what you said about some of the replies, total disgrace some of them. And I know you will conduct yourself properly too, as for the non singing, well you do sit in the Main Stand after all :P:D

I feel the need to clarify. They will only be arseholes if as a result of their actions, the club faces sanctions, not that I believe we could or should.

And it goes without saying I hope they all return home safe and sound.

It's not always black and white ye know.

He's a bear who cares, same as yourself mate. Have a good time mate and aye I agreed with what you said about some of the replies, total disgrace some of them. And I know you will conduct yourself properly too, as for the non singing, well you do sit in the Main Stand after all :P:D

Eh...............................I sit in the Main Stand.

If they have to turn hundreds away from buying a ticket, then they're doing they're jobs properly.

If they have to turn hundreds away who already have a ticket, then they've not done they're jobs properly.

It really couldn't be any more simpler. Rangers FC have not sold tickets for the match, thereby adhering to the ban on ticket sales by Rangers FC to Rangers fans.

FFS Leave the guys tae enjoy their trip and cheer on the team they so obviously love. And hope there are no incidents and they all return safe and sound with a win.

if they loved rangers they wouldn't put it in danger. that's not a difficult concept.

if they loved rangers they wouldn't put it in danger. that's not a difficult concept.

Can you explain in a bit more detail just how someone attending a football match can be putting Rangers FC in danger? Have Rangers FC not followed the Uefa directive to the letter?

Rangers fans are banned from buying tickets from Malmo and Rangers, the fact rangers didn't sell them the ticket doesn't matter. I know you must be pretending you don't understand this but i have no idea why.....

could the club have made it any clearer to you

SANCTIONS imposed by UEFA on Rangers, following matches against PSV Eindhoven last season, mean there is a ban on tickets being sold to Rangers fans for the Champions' League qualifier at Malmo on Wednesday night.

Both Rangers and Malmo are prohibited from selling tickets to Rangers fans.

The penalty imposed by UEFA also includes provisions that Rangers fans will be banned from future matches should there be contravention of the sanctions.

It is imperative that this match passes without incident in order that the suspended bans do not take effect for later matches.

We are asking fans not to place the club and supporters at further risk of punishment by travelling to Malmo.

David Martin, Head of Safety & Security

Can you explain in a bit more detail just how someone attending a football match can be putting Rangers FC in danger? Have Rangers FC not followed the Uefa directive to the letter?

Booler - You are correct.

I think what Gunslinger is trying to say is, if anything was to happen, no matter the size of the incident. Then are there any repercussions on the club from UEFA?

I understand we have followed our directive, but if there is deemed to be 'Chanting' (Whatever the fuck the chanting is we are guilty of) would Rangers as a club then be dealt with further sanctions?

The bottom line is that no matter what Rangers fans do or don't do our cards are marked irrespective of the truth.

Our media will be over in Malmo to report specifically on Rangers fans travelling to the game and to deliberately make it headline news in the hope UEFA do punish us.

For the guys that are going i have no doubts it's the old guard and the sensible heads instead of the usual Buckfast Euro fuckwits.

Have a good time lads and return home safe and sound.

apparently they are doing a langauge test for people going into the stadium tonight, sounds like scare stories to em but that is what the swedish press are reporting....

Of course they're not doing a language test! It was a joke by the Malmö FF club representative. Maybe not so smart to joke about something like that though...A lot of people who live in Malmö and Sweden speak other languages than Swedish. To not let anyone in just because they don't speak Swedish would be discriminatory and of course totally out of the question.

This article (in swedish) does say though that they will not let anyone in who are wearing Rangers shirts, scarves or anything else related to Rangers. And they will not let anyone in singing Rangers songs etc. This is coming from Malmös communications manager. He also says that they are not to worried about this but at the same time it's kind of clear that they are not 100 % sure how to make the judging. He's saying that this is a totally new situation for Malmö FF.

I assume that this means that as long as you are not visibly a Rangers supporter, and as long as you are not chanting or singing about Rangers, there shouldn't be a huge problem getting in.

http://www.eurosport.se/fotboll/allsvenskan/2011/rangers-fans-forbjudna_sto2894240/story.shtml

Rangers fans are banned from buying tickets from Malmo and Rangers, the fact rangers didn't sell them the ticket doesn't matter. I know you must be pretending you don't understand this but i have no idea why.....

could the club have made it any clearer to you

There is no such ban on Rangers fans, or any other fans, buying a match ticket. The Uefa directive clearly states that Rangers FC and Malmo FC are banned from selling tickets to Rangers fans.

Two completely different things.

Rangers FC have followed the directive. Malmo FC should also follow it. If any of the two clubs fail to follow it, then they'll be in trouble.

I've yet to see any evidence of Rangers FC failing to follow the directive.

It's worded as such due to the near impossibilty of both clubs guaranteeing that they will not sell a ticket to a Rangers fan.

The statement from the club is a token statement to cover their arses, which is the clever thing to do.

Booler - You are correct.

I think what Gunslinger is trying to say is, if anything was to happen, no matter the size of the incident. Then are there any repercussions on the club from UEFA?

I understand we have followed our directive, but if there is deemed to be 'Chanting' (Whatever the fuck the chanting is we are guilty of) would Rangers as a club then be dealt with further sanctions?

The club will be dealt further sanctions for inappropriate "chanting" whether it be at tonight's game or a game at which Rangers' fans are allowed to attend.

Again, it's two different things.

Of course they're not doing a language test! It was a joke by the Malmö FF club representative. Maybe not so smart to joke about something like that though...A lot of people who live in Malmö and Sweden speak other languages than Swedish. To not let anyone in just because they don't speak Swedish would be discriminatory and of course totally out of the question.

This article (in swedish) does say though that they will not let anyone in who are wearing Rangers shirts, scarves or anything else related to Rangers. And they will not let anyone in singing Rangers songs etc. This is coming from Malmös communications manager. He also says that they are not to worried about this but at the same time it's kind of clear that they are not 100 % sure how to make the judging. He's saying that this is a totally new situation for Malmö FF.

I assume that this means that as long as you are not visibly a Rangers supporter, and as long as you are not chanting or singing about Rangers, there shouldn't be a huge problem getting in.

http://www.eurosport...240/story.shtml

You are correct about the discrimination part of this. Just as it would be discriminatory to refuse to sell a ticket to someone "because they are British".

That someone could be a British person living and working in Malmo, with absolutely no connections to Rangers FC, therefore it's nothing to do with Rangers FC if this person is sold a ticket by Malmo FC which enables him to attend the match.

If he gets arrested for "chanting" or violence, then he would be treated just the same as anybody else who were to be arrested for such a crime. Rangers FC would then have to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that they never sold this guy his ticket, they don't know this guy, he's not on the data base of Rangers FC, and therefore is not the responsibility of Rangers FC.

Uefa may be the big bad wolf in our eyes, but they're certainly not stupid enough to impose sanctions on any club without good cause (sometimes!).

Rangers have done exactly what they have been asked to do in this case. Just having Rangers fans in the ground does not constitute Rangers breaking the terms of the punishment.

The problem still exists, though, that even if Rangers have not sold any tickets they are still responsible for the actions of anybody identified as a Rangers supporter who gets into any bother at the game.

It is just a really poorly worded punishment, as usual. We just need to keep our fingers crossed that all those attending are as sensible as those who are going and who have posted in this thread, and not some of the roasters who posted in the last thread on the subject. Optimistic as ever, I expect all will be fine and dandy. (tu)