Nk Maribor - My View

OrangeBurn

Having looked at the Maribor team, I thought i'd try and pinpoint a couple of players who might be a threat. Two players who immediately caught my eye were midfielder Robert Berič and Marcos Tavares. Berič, who is only 20 years old, had a great campaign last year managing 8 goals from midfield. This year he has 2 goals in 4 games and is widely regarded and one of the top talents to come through the youth ranks in Slovenia for quite some time. Tavares was Maribor's top goal scorer last season with 16 goals. The Brazillian has hit 41 goals in 3 seasons for Maribor and although he hasn't opened his account this season, he is still a serious threat if played. You might know him better from his performances against Hibs last year. He scored two goals at Easter Road and one over in Slovenia. One saving grace is that he is feeling some back pains and might not be able to make the game. I reckon he will make the bench though.

Here is videos of both players:

Tavares

Beric

How I think we will line up:

McGregor

Braodfoot Perry Goian Wallace

Ness

Davis Edu

Naismith Ortiz

Jelavic

Not seen the boy play but a lots been said about Rajko Rep, Ajax were heavily linked last year. How good is he?

He's quite a skillful young player. If i'm being honest, I don't think he is a major threat. Infact, i'll be very surprised if he starts. He might get 15 minutes at the end.

Tavares has been top scorer the past 3 seasons , they have another young Slovenian striker Etien Velijonka who is very highly rated

OC is correct. He is being mainly used off the bench though and only played 10 minutes over the two legs against M. Hiifa so again, we may only see him towards the end of the match. That is is Tavares does indeed make the game.

Not seen the boy play but a lot been said about Rajko Rep, Ajax were heavily linked last year. How good is he?

he is a disappointment so far, and he has some personal issues

and he probably won't get any minutes against the rangers

(tu)

Seems to be some depth to this Maribor squad, not a easy tie by any means.

Spot on mate, there is a lot of decent players in the team.

Beric, Tavares, Etien Velijonka, Mezga. Are all good players.

Mezga has started the season very well with 2 goals in 3 games from midfeild so will always be a threat. However, i'm 100% confident of winning this game.

Spot on mate, there is a lot of decent players in the team.

Beric, Tavares, Etien Velijonka, Mezga. Are all good players.

Mezga has started the season very well with 2 goals in 3 games from midfeild so will always be a threat. However, i'm 100% confident of winning this game.

I know Mezga very well from what I seen against Hibs, he was a stand out. He's very similar to our very own Steven Davis. Very versatile, likes to be heavily involved with the tempo of the game and drifts a lot. Plus as you say has a eye for goal.