Looks Like The Bheggars Will Be Shown The Door Again

"We remind[ed them] that Celtic received before its home game an official document from the European federation; it mentioned that players were officially eligible. Sion prepares its travel to Madrid [for the opening Europa League group fixture].

"Players [individually] and the club are now bringing legal actions against Uefa at Swiss civil court.

"Civil court already gave the players the right to play [before the games]; that was not respected by the Uefa. This is a serious violation of Swiss laws and may result [in] penal proceedings."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14804557.stm

Tbf ever tim to a man that I've spoke to said they'd rather go out than qualify like that.

Yet they are apparently organising Beach Ball Sunday for the 18th in celebration of their inclusion and our absence...... a few I know are of the same opinion as those you spoke to but the vast majority in the area I live are jubilant.

Complete opposite for me.

Every tarrier in my work was gloating like fuck at the fact they were in Europe.

All of them were saying it was no way to qualify but as soon as they were reinstated it was party time for timmy :anguish: Beachballs etc.. to the champions stadium even though (as someone on here pointed out)they will be hard done by to find a beach in the places they will be going!

All of them were saying it was no way to qualify but as soon as they were reinstated it was party time for timmy :anguish: Beachballs etc.. to the champions stadium even though (as someone on here pointed out)they will be hard done by to find a beach in the places they will be going!

They'll certainly no hae oany trouble blawin their beachbaws up.

Full o wind and pish.

What gets me, is that they would have beat them without the ineligible players.

Not convinced this appeal will go anywhere, UEFA made a big statement kicking them out. The chairman seems a bit of an oddjob, to publicly call UEFA and FIFA criminals isn't going to help your cause.

Not convinced this appeal will go anywhere, UEFA made a big statement kicking them out. The chairman seems a bit of an oddjob, to publicly call UEFA and FIFA criminals isn't going to help your cause.

I dunno, there's a case for Blatter going on trial imo.

You may be right, but I'd like to see more clubs standing up and saying what they think of Uefa and FIFA.

Especially Rangers FC.

After the election fiasco earlier this year, Blatter seems untouchable. Agreed he's guilty of plenty, can't see Sion getting him on trial. Think their fight is firstly with UEFA.

You're pretty much spot on about Blatter sadly.

You may be right, but I'd like to see more clubs standing up and saying what they think of Uefa and FIFA.

Especially Rangers FC.

I have to agree I think UEFA back off if a club shows they are going to play hardball with them ... this is probably why we got picked on so much by them during the appeasing Murray days :anguish:

:D Spot on - they've aye been uncomfortable with the truth. Would be funny as feck if Septic got dumped twice, though.

FC Sion Loyal!!! :uk:

...Really no bothered though. Some were delighted and it will be sweet to see it taken away, then the ones who didn't want to qualify will endure the pummelings. Major thing for me is a club standing up to the governing body/bodies, especially one as small as Sion.