Big Dorin Goian and more...

delamonty

I'm working with some Romanian guys at the moment. Of course, I asked one of them.. 'Have you ever heard of a Footballer called Dorin Goian?' Answer was 'Yes.. Great, great football player.

Of course, I added that he plays for 'my team' Glasgow Rangers. He said he knew.

Seems the Big Man is highly thought of...

Funny thing my colleague said to me was...

'Yes Romanians always do better when they are abroad. At home, they're lazy'.

:uk:

Direct quote.

Best signing since Naisey and Carlos C.

Look at the difference between us and them...

We get defenders like:

SDOW,

Carlos,

Boogie,

Big Goian,

Bocanegra,

Papac (ok PLG.. but has done the biz for years)

Wallace,

Whittaker

Who do they get?

Big Baldy, doh

Loovens doh

Mulgrew? What a f*cking laugh!

etc.

WATP for a reason,

It's a great trait we've had since WS came back - signing rock solid CBs and more importantly - having them form a partnership.

Even the ones not listed above (Ehiogu, Dailly, Broadfoot, Wilson) have all done their bit over their time.

It's a great trait we've had since WS came back - signing rock solid CBs and more importantly - having them form a partnership.

Even the ones not listed above (Ehiogu, Dailly, Broadfoot, Wilson) have all done their bit over their time.

Very true Jimmy.

As I was typing the list.. I was thinking... wtf? How many more should I add.... Wilson. Stepped right in and kept Boogie out of the side. Dailly..some will disagree ... but he was instrumental in the the 2008 EUFA run.

Big Ugo.. Came in with SDOW and stopped the nonsense that PLG created. (Walter told PLG at a meeting with SDM that he needed to get center halves that can head the ball ffs!). True story. Svensson? yeah not on the list!

Broaders has done a job.. squad player.. but can be useful.

Pretty amazing tbh.

(tu)

EDIT: I should add.... In pretty much every case.. all of these defenders improved under Walter. Or perhaps it wsa just as you suggest Jimmy, the partnership aspect which will mean both CBs play a more effective game.

On that note however... We cannot discount SDOW's influence.

It certainly looks like the new management team under Ally are certainly applying the lessons learned under Walter. (tu)

Very true Jimmy.

As I was typing the list.. I was thinking... wtf? How many more should I add.... Wilson. Stepped right in and kept Boogie out of the side. Dailly..some will disagree ... but he was instrumental in the the 2008 EUFA run.

Big Ugo.. Came in with SDOW and stopped the nonsense that PLG created. (Walter told PLG at a meeting with SDM that he needed to get center halves that can head the ball ffs!). True story. Svensson? yeah not on the list!

Broaders has done a job.. squad player.. but can be useful.

Pretty amazing tbh.

(tu)

Even more so when you consider the utter dross that the mhanks have signed for their defence: Loovens, Straponabitch, Mulgrew, Cha, Hooiveld, Rogne, Kelvin Wilson, O'Dea, Thompson, Naylor, McManus, Caldwell, Braafheid and Danny Fox.

Even more so when you consider the utter dross that the mhanks have signed for their defence: Loovens, Straponabitch, Mulgrew, Cha, Hooiveld, Rogne, Kelvin Wilson, O'Dea, Thompson, Naylor, McManus, Caldwell, Braafheid and Danny Fox.

Seeing all of those names in one post just makes me feel ill... Weren't all of them world beaters as well? World class etc. etc. :uk:

Seeing all of those names in one post just makes me feel ill... Weren't all of them world beaters as well? World class etc. etc. :uk:

I can probably rhyme off the PR shite the paedos spun for every one of them:

Loovens - They beat us to him and we were left with Boughie

Straponabitch - Will eat Lafferty for breakfast (direct quote from tim I know)

Mulgrew - Set-piece maestro

Cha - World Cup Star

Hooiveld - Next Danny McGrain

Rogne - As above

Kelvin Wilson - Bargain of the century (for us)

O'Dea - Well, he was just a fud.

Thompson - Monster in the air (ended up just monster-faced)

Naylor - Next Boaby Carlos

McManus - Part of the best defensive duo in Britain

Caldwell - Pt.2 of above.

Braafheid - Future Bayern Munich star

Danny Fox - Mowbray's answer to Dani Alves

I can probably rhyme off the PR shite the paedos spun for every one of them:

Loovens - They beat us to him and we were left with Boughie

Straponabitch - Will eat Lafferty for breakfast (direct quote from tim I know)

Mulgrew - Set-piece maestro

Cha - World Cup Star

Hooiveld - Next Danny McGrain

Rogne - As above

Kelvin Wilson - Bargain of the century (for us)

O'Dea - Well, he was just a fud.

Thompson - Monster in the air (ended up just monster-faced)

Naylor - Next Boaby Carlos

McManus - Part of the best defensive duo in Britain

Caldwell - Pt.2 of above.

Braafheid - Future Bayern Munich star

Danny Fox - Mowbray's answer to Dani Alves

Cheers for that mate. Needed a good laugh! :uk:

I remember the Loovens chase. Sure to f*ck, Walter just jacked up the price for them?

Cheers for that mate. Needed a good laugh! :uk:

I remember the Loovens chase. Sure to f*ck, Walter just jacked up the price for them?

I'm sure he knocked us back for them because they had CL football (just after Kaunas). Ironic considering they've had no CL football since then and nothing real of note to celebrate.

If Romanians do better abroad then imagine what Prodan was like in Romania :anguish:

Yeah... Prodan... I know he didn't played even 1 minute in his stay at Rangers. :))

But he was a pretty solid defender with great international experience. He played with Romania's Golden Generation at WC 94 and EURO 96.

About Goian. I think he's rock solid. But I watched him closely in the last match and I saw him caught on the wrong foot a couple of times. I hope he doesn't relax like that after the solid games he had. He tends to provoke penalties when he's caught off guard.