First Rangers news of 2012

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/rangers_john_fleck_in_talks_with_blackpool_over_loan_move_1_2032468

Rangers’ John Fleck in talks with Blackpool over loan move

Published on Sunday 1 January 2012 00:29

Rangers midfielder John Fleck is heading to England in a bid to get his career back on track.

Fleck, 20, is in talks to join Blackpool on loan after dropping out of the first-team picture at Ibrox. If that move fails to go through he has an option to move to Sheffield United, again on loan.

Blackpool have also struck a deal to sign former Rangers defender Danny Wilson on loan from Liverpool.

Meanwhile, Rangers striker Thomas Bendiksen is expected to join Tromso in his native Norway after his contract expired at Ibrox.

------------------------------------------------------

Not sure Blackpool is a good move, not with Ma Baw there, but i guess its a better level than Sheff Utd, although not a bigger club. Holloway seems exactly the kind of manager Fleck needs, hopefully he gets game time and proves the coaches at Rangers wrong. My money is on John!

Interesting that Danny Wilson is still wasting away down there. Kids, money and agents, eh! Good luck to him at Pool.

It also looks like the TKB rumours are true indeed. Tromso his destination. :( Oh well.

And finally, a pleasant way to finish my first thread of 2012, Naisy has started his basic exercises and is on the right road to recovery, all the best to him too. :h34rt:

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20120101/naisy-on-target-_2254024_2561480

THE NEW YEAR has begun and hard work is just beginning for Steven Naismith.

A little over two months have passed since the Rangers playmaker crumpled to the Pittodrie turf in agony with the horrible realisation that he had suffered a serious knee injury.

For the second time in his career he had damaged the anterior cruciate ligament - this time in his right leg - and for the second time in his career he was left to contemplate a long and difficult rehabilitation period.

However, the experience of that first trauma back in 2008 is standing him in good stead and it's so far so good as Naismith aims to be back in action for the start of next season.

He told RangersTV: "It's coming along nicely and I feel pretty good. The leg seems strong and the physios and the doctor are happy with it so it's a case of continuing on.

"We are still at an early stage and I am only doing basic exercises at the moment. It will be another month or so before I can do harder exercises.

"There are different phases to the rehabilitation. At the start the surgeon just wants the graft to heal and the scars to heal over, then it is to get your range of movement back followed by the hard work to build your muscles back up.

"The early signs are that everything will be fine. We have worked hard to get over the first few hurdles.

"Having been through all of this before it has helped me mentally. I am much more comfortable going through all of the exercises asked of me whereas in the past I was more apprehensive."

If he were to go to Blackpool, then playing under Holloway at a decent level could be just what he needs. May well be beneficial for all parties.

Also, good to hear about Naismith. I thought at the time he would be a massive loss and he has been. One player doesn't make a team, however, when you have nobody to come in capable of doing what he does for us, the absence of that player can make a huge difference to the team. Fine to say others can step up, pity we have no other player capable of linking out midfield to attack. Well, at least any player who can get a starting place.

If he were to go to Blackpool, then playing under Holloway at a decent level could be just what he needs. May well be beneficial for all parties.

Also, good to hear about Naismith. I thought at the time he would be a massive loss and he has been. One player doesn't make a team, however, when you have nobody to come in capable of doing what he does for us, the absence of that player can make a huge difference to the team. Fine to say others can step up, pity we have no other player capable of linking out midfield to attack. Well, at least any player who can get a starting place.

Spot on about Naisy and Flecky. (tu)

Good for Fleck to get a loan move but I think SU would be better. Let's hope 2012 is a fruitful one at Ibrox.

Wonder what we'll be talking about this time in 2013? I'm thinking 'how good Naisy has been this season' and 'the potential 5IAR'.

WATP

Looking forward to our last 16 Champions League tie! :)

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/rangers_john_fleck_in_talks_with_blackpool_over_loan_move_1_2032468

Rangers’ John Fleck in talks with Blackpool over loan move

Published on Sunday 1 January 2012 00:29

Nice to start the new year off with some good news - thanks for bringing me that about Naisy! Think Holloway could be just the manager Fleck needs - be an interesting one to keep an eye on. Nice to see this progressing early in the window - hopefully he'll get sorted this time!

Rangers midfielder John Fleck is heading to England in a bid to get his career back on track.

Fleck, 20, is in talks to join Blackpool on loan after dropping out of the first-team picture at Ibrox. If that move fails to go through he has an option to move to Sheffield United, again on loan.

Blackpool have also struck a deal to sign former Rangers defender Danny Wilson on loan from Liverpool.

Meanwhile, Rangers striker Thomas Bendiksen is expected to join Tromso in his native Norway after his contract expired at Ibrox.

Not sure Blackpool is a good move, not with Ma Baw there, but i guess its a better level than Sheff Utd, although not a bigger club. Holloway seems exactly the kind of manager Fleck needs, hopefully he gets game time and proves the coaches at Rangers wrong. My money is on John!

Interesting that Danny Wilson is still wasting away down there. Kids, money and agents, eh! Good luck to him at Pool.

It also looks like the TKB rumours are true indeed. Tromso his destination. :( Oh well.

And finally, a pleasant way to finish my first thread of 2012, Naisy has started his basic exercises and is on the right road to recovery, all the best to him too. :h34rt:

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20120101/naisy-on-target-_2254024_2561480

THE NEW YEAR has begun and hard work is just beginning for Steven Naismith.

A little over two months have passed since the Rangers playmaker crumpled to the Pittodrie turf in agony with the horrible realisation that he had suffered a serious knee injury.

For the second time in his career he had damaged the anterior cruciate ligament - this time in his right leg - and for the second time in his career he was left to contemplate a long and difficult rehabilitation period.

However, the experience of that first trauma back in 2008 is standing him in good stead and it's so far so good as Naismith aims to be back in action for the start of next season.

He told RangersTV: "It's coming along nicely and I feel pretty good. The leg seems strong and the physios and the doctor are happy with it so it's a case of continuing on.

"We are still at an early stage and I am only doing basic exercises at the moment. It will be another month or so before I can do harder exercises.

"There are different phases to the rehabilitation. At the start the surgeon just wants the graft to heal and the scars to heal over, then it is to get your range of movement back followed by the hard work to build your muscles back up.

"The early signs are that everything will be fine. We have worked hard to get over the first few hurdles.

"Having been through all of this before it has helped me mentally. I am much more comfortable going through all of the exercises asked of me whereas in the past I was more apprehensive."

Thanks for brightening the start to the new year with the good news about Naisy :) Hope it all continues smoothly - from the report seems like his attitude is good.

Re Fleck, Holloway could be just the right manager to turn him around. At least things are moving early this window, so hopefully he'll get sorted this time. If he can pick up the good bits from Barry's game, we could be onto a good thing, or maybe paving the way for a decent sale if it 's not going to work with the Gers.

Thanks for brightening the start to the new year with the good news about Naisy :) Hope it all continues smoothly - from the report seems like his attitude is good.

Re Fleck, Holloway could be just the right manager to turn him around. At least things are moving early this window, so hopefully he'll get sorted this time. If he can pick up the good bits from Barry's game, we could be onto a good thing, or maybe paving the way for a decent sale if it 's not going to work with the Gers.

Naisys attitude is exemplary.

(tu)