Advocaat dropping Moore and Vidmar

jafrfc

I believe there was an interview with the Samoa coach who said something like 'we are improving all the time, our keeper was MOTM today' right after the game...

Yes, he did say words to that effect :craphead: The coach quit after that campaign and American Samoa went without a coach for two years until Ian Crook, the ex- Tottenham and Norwich player took over in 2004...He didn't last long neither.My wife (jokingly) asked me if I was going to apply for that job, but I told her I'd rather go skydiving without a parachute rather than coach that team doh

To put things into perspective, American Samoa have only won 2 games in their history.They beat the Wallis and Futuna Islands 3-0 in the 1983 South Pacific Games and beat Tonga 2-1 in the 2014 WC qualifiers, and considering they only play against Pacific Island nations, that about sums up their standard.

Funnily enough, I don't think they have ever played New Zealand...Maybe Sam will be able to clear that up for me.

Their complete record is as follows;

Played 42...Won 2....Drawn 1....Lost 39......Goals for 22.........Goals against 294....Goal difference - 272

I think they are the lowest ranked team in the FIFA listings...and it shows.

Cheers for the info guys. (tu)

Good article in fourfourtwo about the Samoa national team. Well worth a read.

I'm not sure if you are aware of it or not, but there are TWO Samoa's......Samoa and American Samoa.

Samoa is the stronger of the two sides.

I'm not sure if you are aware of it or not, but there are TWO Samoa's......Samoa and American Samoa.

Samoa is the stronger of the two sides.

Should of stated that it was american Samoa that had taken the hiding. Didn't realise that I failed to specify. (tu)

I remember being 21-0 up at half time in an under 13's game and the ref calling it a day because the boys in the other team were all greetin'. :lol: Bloody shame really looking back, nae mercy at that age though ;)

I played for the 162nd Lifeboys in the early 60s. We won 24-0 one Saturday and everybody including our goalie scored except me. I wasn't the best left back.

:lol:

Should of stated that it was american Samoa that had taken the hiding. Didn't realise that I failed to specify. (tu)

It can get confusing at times, mate! The country known as Samoa used to be called Western Samoa until it gained independence from New Zealand back in the 60's sometime, and then people used to think there were 3 Samoa's and could never tell which one was which.

No matter what way you look at it, it's certainly in the middle of nowhere.