Jimmy Millar Quote

minstral

Jimmy Millar quote

(1955-67; 317games 162goals)

"When a chap loses his heart to an ideal, there's no going back. It grows and grows within him, growing stronger as the years slip past.

That is why, when people ask: "Would you rather play centre than in the half-back line?" my answer comes off my lips as though from a tape recorder:

"I don't care where I play so long as I wear the Rangers colours."

Just a shame that some of our players thought like Millar instead of money as their God.

Changed times, Minst.

You can't expect anyone to necessarily think like that any more, especially if they've not grown up Rangers fans.

If this attitude was to come from anyone in the squad though, I'd take a stab at McGregor and/or Davis.

JM was the most accurate header of a ball that I've ever seen whether from noggin to net or to the feet of his inside man. Other guys could power in headers but they hadn't much clue where the ball would end up.

Denis Law came close and Alan Gilzean.

Jimmy Millar quote

(1955-67; 317games 162goals)

"When a chap loses his heart to an ideal, there's no going back. It grows and grows within him, growing stronger as the years slip past.

That is why, when people ask: "Would you rather play centre than in the half-back line?" my answer comes off my lips as though from a tape recorder:

"I don't care where I play so long as I wear the Rangers colours."

Just a shame that some of our players thought like Millar instead of money as their God.

Sadly as long as player and agent power rules we will never see players showing such commitment.

Agents are the parasites who have ruined the beautiful game whilst lining their own pockets and convincing youg guys who have maybe only ever had the dream of playing for the lcub they have supported that there is greener grass just around the corner.

Sadly as long as player and agent power rules we will never see players showing such commitment.

Agents are the parasites who have ruined the beautiful game whilst lining their own pockets and convincing youg guys who have maybe only ever had the dream of playing for the lcub they have supported that there is greener grass just around the corner.

Jimmy Millar was a Jambo who dreamed of playing for Hearts.

Rangers got into his blood after he started playing for us.