A matter of urgency - talk to the English

usranger

This is without doubt the downside,but in a financial aspect this is the way forward for a club of our standing in Europe and beyond,honestly who gives a fk about the SPL outwith these shores,look at the bigger picture,in this day and age of travel,tv,etc. its not outwith our reach,an hour or so flight to Amsterdam,3 hours to Aberdeen,we keep our home income anyway,full houses all the way in a fully competitve league,watched by millions of subscribers,anylists have reckoned it would be the THIRD BIGGEST LEAGUE IN EUROPE.

I suppose when you put it like that, plus the low budget airlines would be clambering all over themselves to be a low cost provider to fans. You are right though, my english mates every time I mention Rangers go "oh he's talking about that sunday league team he supports again".

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should ask your friends if they know which club has the record attendance in British league football ... and don't forget to remind them that was in a Sunday league as well :pipe:

They'd only just say something like "whats he on about...something about kilts?" Damn you Catherine Tate!!!

You should ask your friends if they know which club has the record attendance in British league football ... and don't forget to remind them that was in a Sunday league as well :pipe:

Exactly,could you imagine the force we would be around Europe and beyond because make no bones about it we are without doubt one of the biggest attractions in European football with the fanbase we have,that is why the aforementioned John McClleland was asked on board to the ECA......as vice-chairman no less....

its time for change mate,i'll never forget being on the park after we won the league at Aberdeen etc,fk when i watched Valencia in CL few years back mentioning to my mate that both of us watched the same game in Europe over 30 years ago,but so much has changed,ie mobile phones etc.,times have moved on...............

Exactly,could you imagine the force we would be around Europe and beyond because make no bones about it we are without doubt one of the biggest attractions in European football with the fanbase we have,that is why the aforementioned John McClleland was asked on board to the ECA......as vice-chairman no less....

Well then we need to blow this popsicle stand known as the SPL. I mean can you imagine going up against a team like AC Milan and actually being favourites? Quarter finals and Semi finals of the CL as a matter of course? I mean these things would be like 10 years down the line if we left the SPL but at least we'd be working towards something. All thats going to happen if we stay in scotland is we'll keep getting knocked out of europe by the dregs of european football, which means no money, which means not even being able to compete teams like cardif city for players like Kenny Miller, which means more mediocre european imports shipped in, which means more poor results and even less money and so on and so forth and soon we'll be on a par with Taffs Well.

We should not except any penalty and tell them to shove the SPL.

If we got a 15 point penalty each season it would only benefit one team, and that is just not on.

Those gypsy refugees are 7 Million in debt and have mortgaged off the only thing they own, yet they are "living within their means"

(that's what happens when Monks teach maths)

To ask the question, "does Scotland need Rangers"? They would be fucked without us, biggest average home attendance 5 years on the spin, always had the biggest away

support, even in the lean years - I say leave them to rot.

Those gypsy refugees are 7 Million in debt and have mortgaged off the only thing they own, yet they are "living within their means"

(that's what happens when Monks teach maths)

How these (unts can afford 38 full internationals without having played in the C.L. since 2008 is a constant source of wonderment. No matter how much they spend they seem to have a magic accountant who signs off their exaggerated pish every six months.

Turn over down,season ticket sales down,Wage bill up but their debt always seems to go down :rolleyes:

Clowns in the Scottish media should maybe do a bit more digging on them if they had the guts to. As for the 15 penalty we should tell them to GTF and go and play in England.

the scottish league has ran its time. it has dragged us down and if we stay in, it it will keep us down. i would hate to work hard for 3-4 years to get in to europe again only for our co efficency to be so shite that we have no realistic chance of getting anywhere. as the OP states every avenue should be explored. we fly the british flag why not play against other british sides. this past fortnight has shown us what the outsiders think about us.feck them all and lets head south.

How these (unts can afford 38 full internationals without having played in the C.L. since 2008 is a constant source of wonderment. No matter how much they spend they seem to have a magic accountant who signs off their exaggerated pish every six months.

Turn over down,season ticket sales down,Wage bill up but their debt always seems to go down :rolleyes:

Clowns in the Scottish media should maybe do a bit more digging on them if they had the guts to. As for the 15 penalty we should tell them to GTF and go and play in England.

I've wondered that myself ... someones obviously bankrolling them and I wonder if the mhedia will ever take the time to find out who it is :drugang:

the scottish league has ran its time. it has dragged us down and if we stay in, it it will keep us down. i would hate to work hard for 3-4 years to get in to europe again only for our co efficency to be so shite that we have no realistic chance of getting anywhere. as the OP states every avenue should be explored. we fly the british flag why not play against other british sides. this past fortnight has shown us what the outsiders think about us.feck them all and lets head south.

The SPL has been continually shrinking over the last 20 years and there is no reason to believe it won't go on shrinking over the next 20 ... taking us down with it

The SPL has been continually shrinking over the last 20 years and there is no reason to believe it won't go on shrinking over the next 20 ... taking us down with it

i simply look back to when i was a boy and seeing the classic skol cup final where rangers v aberdeen (davie cooper free kick, penalty kick win) would wipe the floor with any cup final in the world. to what now gretna v hearts, killie v tims. i love my club but taking a dragons den aproach we aint making money. we need to change something.

Let us be honest, the English do not want us and Uefa will not allow it.

i suppose i could check google and see when and why cardiff and swansea were included but thats irrelevant. just the fact that they are in it at this present time should give us a fighting chance.

It's easier for them to overlook the obvious if it's been the case for a long time so if we are to get in we would really need to bring something to the party that they don't already have. Perhaps we have more fans in north America than the clubs down there and that might help to open up the last frontier for the EPL?

Think its time we swallyed our pride and history and get to fuck from these bunch of bastards,people going on about europe,fuck me what is europe these days to us?my last eoro game was urinea as dont get back often so thats were am at with europe,spl is a joke and dying,we are not the same club as we have been in our history and never will be,sorry guys but outside the fish bowl must people think we are a joke,are they right? I believe scottish football is defo becoming a joke. Time we start to look serious at england and have ambitio.dont give a fuck about those scottish teams and have been apalled by media reaction to our sorry state but these scumbags FORGET no rangers no point in them having ajob so p45 boys.

It's easier for them to overlook the obvious if it's been the case for a long time so if we are to get in we would really need to bring something to the party that they don't already have. Perhaps we have more fans in north America than the clubs down there and that might help to open up the last frontier for the EPL?

we need to find every little incentive that we have to our advantage and this is one. the introduction and novelty factor another. who makes the decision? for me it has to be the fans. doing that is a problem in itself considering the plagiarism from the tims.

Now thats using your noggin! What individual clubs in england want is irrelevant. Rangers going into the lower tiers of england is more achievable than when we wanted to just stroll straight into the EPL. Also a tv deal could probably be struck to show the games in scotland which would be cash boom to the clubs in the lower leagues, albiet a short lived one once we got promoted, plus the novelty factor of them vs the jocks would be profitible.

I'd really like to know what the sums would work out as if Rangers were to get into the EPL, how much would it be worth to the league having a team like West Brom drop out in favour of a guaranteed 50,000 home crowed and away support, guaranteed tv viewers in scotland, guaranteed world interest. Super Sundays would be Man U vs Rangers, Rangers vs Arsenal etc. Must be worth mega bucks.

Think its time we swallyed our pride and history and get to fuck from these bunch of bastards,people going on about europe,fuck me what is europe these days to us?my last eoro game was urinea as dont get back often so thats were am at with europe,spl is a joke and dying,we are not the same club as we have been in our history and never will be,sorry guys but outside the fish bowl must people think we are a joke,are they right? I believe scottish football is defo becoming a joke. Time we start to look serious at england and have ambitio.dont give a fuck about those scottish teams and have been apalled by media reaction to our sorry state but these scumbags FORGET no rangers no point in them having ajob so p45 boys.

We've been a joke ever since we introduced a split just to squeeze out another old firm game.

Let us be honest, the English do not want us and Uefa will not allow it.

minsrtal we do not need UEFA to allow it ,without the clubs approval i am telling you within the next few years if ECA etc, has its way and i firmly beleive they will, have the power,to put it in laymans terms,you're Ajax,Porto ,Benfica,P.S.V.,etc,run with the RIGHT people is the ONLY way that clubs like ourselves can honestly say that we are up with the top clubs in europe,UEFA's strategy is so outdated,the rich get richer,c'mon be truth be told how many clubs can win their outdated Champions League,and i still believe we are one of the clubs thet COULD be one of the frontrunners in change,with the right direction we could be MASSIVE.

minsrtal we do not need UEFA to allow it ,without the clubs approval i am telling you within the next few years if ECA etc, has its way and i firmly beleive they will, have the power,to put it in laymans terms,you're Ajax,Porto ,Benfica,P.S.V.,etc,run with the RIGHT people is the ONLY way that clubs like ourselves can honestly say that we are up with the top clubs in europe,UEFA's strategy is so outdated,the rich get richer,c'mon be truth be told how many clubs can win their outdated Champions League,and i still believe we are one of the clubs thet COULD be one of the frontrunners in change,with the right direction we could be MASSIVE.

i think that you are right that we could be massive but that will never happen in the spl. so we have to make the decision to either stay put and stay as is or play the same old teams and continue our long hard slog towards breaking even come the end of the year. we could grap this bull (opportunity)by the horns and start a fresh and change ou outlook as we know it. no one but us fans can make this happen.i would hate to lose our history and such but we will always know in our hearts what we have achieved.i hate the people who run this league and hate the league set up even more. change is needed but how much of our support are willing to support this cause?