Jock Drummond, the last man to play wearing a bunnet.

Colonel Mustard

Some may have noticed, and even more have probably not given a monkey's fuck, that I have posted several threads in the past about the wearing of bunnets at the football.

Either way, this is the pinnacle of my bunnet posting exploits on RM, and it's in honour of record breaking Ranger Jock Drummond.

Jock was the last man to wear a bunnet while playing in a football match, and did so because "it kept his heid cool".

He was a member of the world record holding team of 1898-99 who won every single match of the League campaign, as well as 4 Scottish Cups, including our last one before "the hoodoo" struck.

Add in 7 Glasgow Cups, 2 Merchant Charity Cups, and 14 caps for his country, and we have a Rangers legend.

Here's a photo of Jock, resplendent in bunnet, and the rest of the invincible Rangers world record holders.

invinciblesrangers.jpg

Back row J. Wilson (Trainer), James Henderson (President), Nicol Smith, David Crawford, Neilly Gibson, Matt Dickie, Jamie Stark, Bobby Neil, Jacky Robertson, Jock Drummond, William Wilton (Hon. Match Secretary) and A.B. Mackenzie (Committee)

Sitting John Campbell, Ian Graham, John "Kitey" McPherson, R. C. Hamilton (Captain), Finlay Speedie, Andrew Sharp and Alec Smith.

Inset Jamie Miller, David Mitchell, John Wilkie and Tom Hyslop.

I pull off the bunnet look quite well, part of my golfing attire anaw, might as well look good when I play shit, my bunnet is over twice as old as I am and looks the nuts.

Unless they have won the British Open while wearing a skipped bunnet and a Royal blue jersey in honour of Rangers Football Club, divot diggers are not welcome on this thread.

Please stick to spoiling a good walk.

It is a replended piece of headwear which many would fail to pull of with such style, however, to clarify I take it jock was the last out field player to adopt this style of headdress, as over the years I have seen many a goal keepers reaching for the bunnet or the more vulgar and common modern equivalent the peeked cap.

Unless they have won the British Open while wearing a skipped bunnet and a Royal blue jersey in honour of Rangers Football Club, divot diggers are not welcome on this thread.

Please stick to spoiling a good walk.

Well stick yer thread up yer arse

It is a replended piece of headwear which many would fail to pull of with such style, however, to clarify I take it jock was the last out field player to adopt this style of headdress, as over the years I have seen many a goal keepers reaching for the bunnet or the more vulgar and common modern equivalent the peeked cap.

Aye, the last outfield player.

Goalkeepers wearing baseball caps are just cunts. The clue is in the name...they're for fucking baseball.

Goalies should wear bunnets like Jock's, or not even bother.