Hugh Adam

Sicknote

1330701254' post='1059827171']

Rangers pools did make rangers a lot of money and did help build the stadium but i think you are over egging that pie.

Him staying silent if he knew what was going on makes him as culpable as anyone else (if true)

Two shots across the bow (one timed to cause rangers trouble) does not make him one fo the good guys, far from it.

Yes, just as culpable. Not the way to run a business...even if it does make money at some point.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he raised many many millions.

That wasn't my question. As well you know.

Did Adam pour millions into the club? You, after all, are the one making the claim he 'practically paid for the stadium we sit in'.

I'm saying he did nothing of the kind.

That wasn't my question. As well you know.

Did Adam pour millions into the club? You, after all, are the one making the claim he 'practically paid for the stadium we sit in'.

I'm saying he did nothing of the kind.

he did.

your thinking I used the word personally.

I've met Hugh Adam quite a few times, he's a really lovely man who was treated horribly by Murray.

It takes guts to come out like this, he knew Murray was up to no good and when he spoke out against it was forced out and banned from Ibrox.

Oh, and he's not a Rangers fan at all and didn't give any money to the club. He just made loads of £ through the pools which were pretty much dismantled when he left.

Not worth having a go at him! Directors, players and coaches, were all part of this!

Another thing I'm waiting on some dirt appearing on is when SDM disappeared for a season or two and had John McClelland installed as chairman - and then SDM re-appeared as chairman - what did we not see happening there?. No doubt some no-mark at the record will find someone to dish some pish about this soon eneough. Just get the whole lot out in the open, if it is to be RFC 2012, i'd like us to be squeaky clean.

he did.

your thinking I used the word personally.

How simple can I make it for you?

Did Adam pour millions into the club or not?

It seems perfectly obvious why you refuse to answer. It's because we both know he did nothing of the kind - and therefore did not 'practically pay for the stadium we sit in'.

Or, indeed, anything like it.

It seems perfectly obvious why you refuse to answer. It's because we both know he did nothing of the kind - and therefore did not 'practically pay for the stadium we sit in'.

If i remember correctly he run the pools, but all the cash generated really was from the fans buying the tickets, agents etc, whether additional cash was raised i have no idea but would like to know.

Its fair to say the fans built the stadium, thats where the money came from.

If i remember correctly he run the pools, but all the cash generated really was from the fans buying the tickets, agents etc, whether additional cash was raised i have no idea but would like to know.

Its fair to say the fans built the stadium, thats where the money came from.

Every penny that arrives in the coffers at Ibrox is generated by the support. Sponsorship, investors, ticket sales, merchandising, you name it - without the support spending and supporting it would not be there.

Hugh Adam 'practically built the stadium we sit in' my arse.

Every penny that arrives in the coffers at Ibrox is generated by the support. Sponsorship, investors, ticket sales, merchandising, you name it - without the support spending and supporting it would not be there.

Hugh Adam 'practically built the stadium we sit in' my arse.

He helped set up for the way it would be funded, thats where it started and stopped, then rest was down to poeple willing to buy the tickets for the pools.

Just a question, im sure we did take out other loans though to rebuilt it? I remember reading back in 88 or 89 it was almost paid for?

He helped set up for the way it would be funded, thats where it started and stopped, then rest was down to poeple willing to buy the tickets for the pools.

Just a question, im sure we did take out other loans though to rebuilt it? I remember reading back in 88 or 89 it was almost paid for?

I'm sure Adam made a fine job of the pools - we sit in much of the evidence. I don't know about any loans.

Hugh Adam never claimed to be some saviour who built Rangers stadium - he really didn't care that much.

He was just a good businessman and, whatever else you say about him, was one of the only board members who actually stood up to Murray and paid the price for it. He did criticise him at the time and continues to do so now - you really csn't ask any more of the man.

This has been kept silent for too long to be credible. Are we supposed to believe he only felt the need to talk now, so close to the end of the tax case and after so many months of investigations?

If his information is so vital why wasn't he involved in the tax case?

Also, this gem gives you an idea of how intellectual the man is "It would be an offshore trust - almost like a boat." :lol: AHAHAHAHA!!

He then goes on to say "Few of them were the Brain of Britain." That's a bit rich coming from you mate.

The stench coming off this story is unbearable. Hugh Adam is the lowest order of filth and should be hounded by our fans for the rest of his days.

Missed this earlier, Hugh Adam is a man in his 90s and you want him hounded by fans?

And he is a very clever man, as was demonstrated in a long and illustrious business career. Compared to yourself, who advocates hounding octogenarians.

he raised millions.

I've met Hugh Adam quite a few times, he's a really lovely man who was treated horribly by Murray.

It takes guts to come out like this, he knew Murray was up to no good and when he spoke out against it was forced out and banned from Ibrox.

Oh, and he's not a Rangers fan at all and didn't give any money to the club. He just made loads of £ through the pools which were pretty much dismantled when he left.

I'm sure he is a lovely man and was probably the forward thinking type of business brain we'll need when we get out of this. But it doesn't take a lot of guts to continue to twist the knife when the club is on its knees.

I'm sure he is a lovely man and was probably the forward thinking type of business brain we'll need when we get out of this. But it doesn't take a lot of guts to continue to twist the knife when the club is on its knees.

He is telling the truth which would come out inevitably anyway. And it's nothing new, he has been doing this since he left. The only difference is people are now listening.