Didn't take Football Manager long to reflect real life

Just bought it in the Steam midweek madness sale (it's 8 quid for the next day or so then back up to 20). Downloaded the new update and started a new game. Chose Rangers, went to the transfer market and my team is in administration. I just cannot escape it, FFS!

Just bought it in the Steam midweek madness sale (it's 8 quid for the next day or so then back up to 20). Downloaded the new update and started a new game. Chose Rangers, went to the transfer market and my team is in administration. I just cannot escape it, FFS!

I can't play FM as Rangers now, been sticking to my Bristol Rovers team. Haven't played it since the update though, probably be even worse

EDIT: On the upside, at least we can't be liquidated on FM.

Noticed this yesterday when I was checking the update etc. Mervan and Wylde are still there but yes we are "Bankrupt" and "(In Receivership)" with Whyte "willing to listen to offers".

I suppose one way of looking at it is the fact that an Arab or a rich person in the game could buy the club? A sugar daddy perhaps? :crabflute:

Noticed this yesterday when I was checking the update etc. Mervan and Wylde are still there but yes we are "Bankrupt" and "(In Receivership)" with Whyte "willing to listen to offers".

I suppose one way of looking at it is the fact that an Arab or a rich person in the game could buy the club? A sugar daddy perhaps? :crabflute:

A local businessman called Geoff Brown bought us on my save.

No sugar daddy. :(

A local businessman called Geoff Brown bought us on my save.

No sugar daddy. :(

Are you the manager mate? Would love to see what sort of finance he brings to the club.

In the first season before the update it was £4m in the demo and £1.5m in the full version, probably something to do with out net spend value. Then usually Whyte gave out £7-£10m for the second season.

Are you the manager mate? Would love to see what sort of finance he brings to the club.

In the first season before the update it was £4m in the demo and £1.5m in the full version, probably something to do with out net spend value. Then usually Whyte gave out £7-£10m for the second season.

Aye mate, not giving me any immediate funds though.

Yeah mate he did clear the debt.

We got a CVA of £19million and then he took over.

The CVA thing is pretty cool I suppose.

Obviously if he didn't inject funds there must be a pretty healthy balance? Good to hear things get resolved swiftly in the game.

Maybe we should get a hold of SI's administrators!

The CVA thing is pretty cool I suppose.

Obviously if he didn't inject funds there must be a pretty healthy balance? Good to hear things get resolved swiftly in the game.

Maybe we should get a hold of SI's administrators!

In the finances section it says we are currently £350k in the red. I have about £1million in transfer funds but that's only because I sold a few players.

In the finances section it says we are currently £350k in the red. I have about £1million in transfer funds but that's only because I sold a few players.

That does not sound good! Is this Geoff Brown or whatever his name is just in it for a quick buck :craphead: ?!

Anyway, just seems like the best way is to focus on youth development. Ask the board for investment in junior coaching to produce the best players you can, bring in the best youth coaches and what not!

That does not sound good! Is this Geoff Brown or whatever his name is just in it for a quick buck :craphead: ?!

Anyway, just seems like the best way is to focus on youth development. Ask the board for investment in junior coaching to produce the best players you can, bring in the best youth coaches and what not!

Looks like I'll never know what Geoff's intentions were, my game just crashed and I didn't save it. :anguish:

I'll set up a new game tonight, I'm looking to bring in young Scottish players and give guys like Ness, McCabe and Perry a chance.

But if I get bought by a sugar daddy then that could all change. :pipe:

Just started a game with Rangers and Whyte's status is 'Loves the club' but I'm in admin.

Fucking sell us ya dick.

Will he eventually change and sell?

Dunno man, he was 'Willing To Listen To Offers' from the start on mine, then a consortium of businessmen and an American tycoon showed interest within days.

Dunno man, he was 'Willing To Listen To Offers' from the start on mine, then a consortium of businessmen and an American tycoon showed interest within days.

Cheers mate, just had to start a new one and he's "Looking to sell" and an consortium including a former footballer.

Kennedy and Souness? :pipe: