Could Rangers make a ST fortune from Whyte?

OK, this is only half serious, because I am by no means familiar with law, but just looking at things logically, could this happen?...

Right, Ticketus have always said they don't lend money, but that they buy tickets. So, presumably Whyte pre-sold them a shitload of Rangers season tickets for a few years.

Additionally, Whyte has always said that he (not Rangers) personally put up the guarantees that Ticketus would get their supply of tickets.

So, here are some questions...

If the admin guys sell Rangers to a new owner, does that leave Whyte (not Rangers) responsible to come up with thousands of discounted season tickets to give to Ticketus over the next few years?

If this is the case, I take it he would have to come to Rangers with a big wad of cash to buy the aforementioned season tickets, to give to Ticketus and fulfill his agreement?

Also, if this is the case, there would be nothing to stop Rangers charging him over the odds for the tickets he needed...would there?

If Ticketus are telling the truth (that they don't lend money), he doesn't owe them money, he owes them tickets.

I don't think they actually get the tickets. They get the money from the tickets once they've eventually been sold.

Seems he was banking on European Football quite a bit.

ticketus give £24 mill to a conman, they had learned a hard lesson.

i would bet if ticketus go after whyte he will either liquidate the companies there secure on or declare himself bankrupt if they go for him.

hes a dodgy guy. a bet any decent businesses and properties he owns are in others names.

ticketus give £24 mill to a conman, they had learned a hard lesson.

i would bet if ticketus go after whyte he will either liquidate the companies there secure on or declare himself bankrupt if they go for him.

hes a dodgy guy. a bet any decent businesses and properties he owns are in others names.

So would that mean there was no one to even ask for the £18m back, already paid to Lloyds?

As Rangers owned the tickets, that is the only place where Ticketus could buy them from. As Whyte owned the club when they were sold, he was selling them on behalf of Rangers.

That's my simple take on it, but I will be very surprised if this doesn't get settled after being dragged through the courts.....unless Ticketus just take us over and use the tickets as part payment! :sherlock:

So would that mean there was no one to even ask for the £18m back, already paid to Lloyds?

well if ticketus have no legal rights to rangers(seems the admin believe this). the 24mil? would be owed by whatever companies/businesses whyte used as a gaurantee.

if those companies are liquidated then that debt dies with them, they will recieve % of any money made selling those companies/businesses assets.

if whyte is personally resposible for the debt, he bankrupts himself. his assets are sold(if he has any) and they get a % of that.

basically if admin are right and ticketus dont have any legal rights to our tickets then there fucked

As Rangers owned the tickets, that is the only place where Ticketus could buy them from. As Whyte owned the club when they were sold, he was selling them on behalf of Rangers.

That's my simple take on it, but I will be very surprised if this doesn't get settled after being dragged through the courts.....unless Ticketus just take us over and use the tickets as part payment! :sherlock:

if its correct he sold our tickets b4 he owned them then i think thats illegal and they will lose.

I thought it had been established that he sold the tickets before acquiring Rangers?

if its correct he sold our tickets b4 he owned them then i think thats illegal and they will lose.

I thought it had been established that he sold the tickets before acquiring Rangers?

I haven't seen anything which shows this. When was the ruling taken on that?

I haven't seen anything which shows this. When was the ruling taken on that?

I was sure I'd read somewhere that the administrators commented that the money used to pay Lloyds had come from Ticketus, through Whyte.

This would mean that the £18m used for Lloyds had been deposited with Whyte before he got his hands on Rangers surely? (as he had to show evidence of the money before he got the OK to buy RFC).

I was sure I'd read somewhere that the administrators commented that the money used to pay Lloyds had come from Ticketus, through Whyte.

This would mean that the £18m used for Lloyds had been deposited with Whyte before he got his hands on Rangers surely? (as he had to show evidence of the money before he got the OK to buy RFC).

The money from Ticketus could have been/was lodged in the CB account and would/could have been released to Lloyds only when Whyte had proof of the sale going through. It will all depend on the dates on which everything happened, but as I say, I've seen nothing which shows that Ticketus don't own the tickets. D&F have cast doubts on the deal, but Ticketus have also been bullish in claiming that the deal is kosher. It will no doubt be a drawn out, complicated affair.

The money from Ticketus could have been/was lodged in the CB account and would/could have been released to Lloyds only when Whyte had proof of the sale going through. It will all depend on the dates on which everything happened, but as I say, I've seen nothing which shows that Ticketus don't own the tickets. D&F have cast doubts on the deal, but Ticketus have also been bullish in claiming that the deal is kosher. It will no doubt be a drawn out, complicated affair.

I accept what you're saying, but some have been over that ground elsewhere on the board.

What I was trying to say was that, irrespective of anything else, Ticketus had a deal with Whyte and not Rangers...Whyte having said that he personally guaranteed the deal.

With no deal with Rangers in place for the tickets (according to Whyte himself), would it not be up to Whyte himself to provide the tickets, even if he had to buy them from Rangers (under new owners) himself?

I accept what you're saying, but some have been over that ground elsewhere on the board.

What I was trying to say was that, irrespective of anything else, Ticketus had a deal with Whyte and not Rangers...Whyte having said that he personally guaranteed the deal.

With no deal with Rangers in place for the tickets (according to Whyte himself), would it not be up to Whyte himself to provide the tickets, even if he had to buy them from Rangers (under new owners) himself?

I seriously don't know, but everything is possible. To be honest, nothing would surprise me with him anymore.

I'd bet that we still don't know half of what has been going on.

One of the main problems with the deal was that,the ST money went to them! Not the club,but if they are joint owners of the club then,it would be hard to object to that or any subsequent deal.