Murray - Only made one mistake

BearAbroad

You couldn't make a dent on Murray's brass neck with a titanium-coated chainsaw. :angry:

His comments at the start of this thread are delusional at best and downright lies at worst.

I'm going for the latter.

The man is a serial liar with huge issues regards reality and his place in it.

In times gone by we would have burned people like him at the stake. :ph34r:

BURN THE WITCH!! BURN THE WITCH!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people have issues with SDM and his time in charge of the club for a variety of different reasons. The outsourcing that he did with regards to catering and such like, is a very common and sensible approach, the songs that he didn't defend the fans for singing were rapidly reaching a stage when they were indefensible in the society, but the real issue is around the money we spent, and I always respected that he firstly did put his own cash in to the club, that he did sell us for nothing at the end, rather than expecting anything back, and I was happy to be there when he chased the dream of European success.

Bringing in Advocaat and backing him with cash should have led to greater success, our team had Porrini from Juventus, Numan, van Bronckhorst, Ferguson, Mols, Albertz, etc, we defeated a fantastic Parma team, and we were basically kicked out of the CL by Oliver Kahn assaulting Michael Mols.

I can blame him for not doing the right work on Whyte, when there were so many who seemed to be warning him, but for the rest of it, I would always defend him.

The recession issue is two-fold, one his personal wealth diminished dramatically, so he couldn't bail us out anymore (which was what he had always done in the past) and two, the Bank of Scotland basically went bust, and were supported by Lloyds, who had no desire to have a debt owed by a football club.

Many people have issues with SDM and his time in charge of the club for a variety of different reasons. The outsourcing that he did with regards to catering and such like, is a very common and sensible approach, the songs that he didn't defend the fans for singing were rapidly reaching a stage when they were indefensible in the society, but the real issue is around the money we spent, and I always respected that he firstly did put his own cash in to the club, that he did sell us for nothing at the end, rather than expecting anything back, and I was happy to be there when he chased the dream of European success.

Bringing in Advocaat and backing him with cash should have led to greater success, our team had Porrini from Juventus, Numan, van Bronckhorst, Ferguson, Mols, Albertz, etc, we defeated a fantastic Parma team, and we were basically kicked out of the CL by Oliver Kahn assaulting Michael Mols.

I can blame him for not doing the right work on Whyte, when there were so many who seemed to be warning him, but for the rest of it, I would always defend him.

The recession issue is two-fold, one his personal wealth diminished dramatically, so he couldn't bail us out anymore (which was what he had always done in the past) and two, the Bank of Scotland basically went bust, and were supported by Lloyds, who had no desire to have a debt owed by a football club.

I'm one of those who have "issues" with the serial liar. :angry:

I think he knew EXACTLY what Whyte's plan was from the off - he knew of it because he was party to it.

His lapdogs (and there are some on here) will paint a different picture of him, but to me he will never be forgiven for taking us to this dark place.

Never. :angry:

A bastard.....and a petrol-blagging one at that. :wanker:

I think he knew EXACTLY what Whyte's plan was from the off - he knew of it because he was party to it.

His lapdogs (and there are some on here) will paint a different picture of him, but to me he will never be forgiven for taking us to this dark place.

I honestly don't know if he did or not, and I am not sure we will ever truly see the truth of it.

I do think it is fair to have an alternative view of the previous 20 years, and I have been concerned about the desire to separate the 'Murray Era' from 9IAR, for example.

it wouldn't surprise me mate if Murray got whyte in to do exactly as he has done. For someone that was extremely confident of winning the tax case Murray and Lloyds couldn't wait to ditch us. I wouldn't be surprised if whyte is operating right off sdm's script

Murray started the debt culture at this club and done fuck all to keep this club on the right path. It took Lloyds to come in to start making financial decisions that should have been taken years ago.

To say he didn't know about Whytes past and intentions make him either a liar or a shite business man..I'll go for both.

It takes a certain kind of person to come out and say the things he has done...this kind of person should never have a say in the future of the Rangers.

He can take his legacy and shove it up his arse.

A few years ago I was talking to a guy who ran a heating and ventilation company: he would purchase modest amounts of galvanised steel and other metals for work he had his men carry out. Anyway he stopped buying from MIM and went to another supplier; for normal business reasons, nothing else. Then one time he met Sir David Murray at a function, and totally not knowing he was going to meet this guy,the guy told Murray the name of his company and so on, and Murray told him, "you stopped buying from us". Even though this had been a relatively small purchaser of Murray's products, Murray knew about it; and this guy was very impressed at the finite knowledge Sir David Murray had about his company, to that extent.

In that context, I ask you to consider why Murray would so taken in by Whyte.

A few years ago I was talking to a guy who ran a heating and ventilation company: he would purchase modest amounts of galvanised steel and other metals for work he had his men carry out. Anyway he stopped buying from MIM and went to another supplier; for normal business reasons, nothing else. Then one time he met Sir David Murray at a function, and totally not knowing he was going to meet this guy,the guy told Murray the name of his company and so on, and Murray told him, "you stopped buying from us". Even though this had been a relatively small purchaser of Murray's products, Murray knew about it; and this guy was very impressed at the finite knowledge Sir David Murray had about his company, to that extent.

In that context, I ask you to consider why Murray would so taken in by Whyte.

Ok, it's a rhetorical question, right, Turnberry18? :rolleyes:

At no time I have denied he gambled. In fact by stating that SDM chased a dream im effictivly saying he was gambling.

Its easy to say that if you had that money then we wouldnt be in the mess. You dont and we are. Im sure what you are suggesting is if you had over £150 mil you would pay all the debts and we would be great. In reality though who is going to spend half there fortune without a return?

Maybe you & sDM wouldn't but I would. If I had £150m I would certainly spend half that with no return.

I was left £2000 when my dad died ten yrs ago & I've never touched it. He told me to keep it for a rainy day.

That day arrived & I pledged the lot to saverangers.

Dont tell me £75 fucken million isnt enough for that bastard to live on!!!