3500 scarfs sold

DavieCooper1

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over 4400 scarfs bought, that's over £33,000 going to the club. Not got yours yet? Buy yours now at www.redblackrangers.com

:praise:

Out of over £50 000 spent, thats over £20 000 NOT going to the club.

Give it a rest will you, no one is interested as we are all to busy buying scarfs. :P

.....plus theres the whole "carbon footprint" thing. Its a lot better for the planet as a whole if we just deposit our mullah in a bank account. :P

Out of over £50 000 spent, thats over £20 000 NOT going to the club.

You choose not to join this fans campaign because of £2.50 manufacturing costs fine. But why continue to follow up on posts showing support and the excellent work our fans are doing by pointing out what is not going to the club.

Your argument would also suggest buying Rangers merchandise, match tickets online, actually travelling to the match are all a waste of time because they all contain money being spent which is not going directly to Rangers.

but 30k going to the club and 20k to business.

I see where you are coming from GS, however - I would much rather put the 10 quid straight into the RFFF (if it ever gets off the ground that is) or to take a friend to a game.

I am not knocking the scarf idea, but would much rather there was a bank account I could put cash into knowing that every penny I put in there would go to the club.

00000042.gif

I agree with this, If it was a straight donation to a bank account - then it would be 100% to the club.

But, you would not have a lovely scarf or have a public demonstration of your support for your club.

Let's see someone people do not think this is such a good idea, but 4,400 (so far)do.

Well that it,I will need to send my one back. doh

It is always easy to criticise than to act. :sleep1:

God,I have meet some negative people, but some of you! Even beat this guy:

I see where you are coming from GS, however - I would much rather put the 10 quid straight into the RFFF (if it ever gets off the ground that is) or to take a friend to a game.

I am not knocking the scarf idea, but would much rather there was a bank account I could put cash into knowing that every penny I put in there would go to the club.

then do that. I needed a scarf.

You choose not to join this fans campaign because of £2.50 manufacturing costs fine. But why continue to follow up on posts showing support and the excellent work our fans are doing by pointing out what is not going to the club.

Your argument would also suggest buying Rangers merchandise, match tickets online, actually travelling to the match are all a waste of time because they all contain money being spent which is not going directly to Rangers.

Not just the £2.50 manufacturing costs, there's also the £2.50 postal costs. Its the % loss of the money which I find staggering. Surely the common sense thing to do would be to just give the whole £12.50 to the fighting fund?

I usually have a positive outlook, so I'm not trying to be aggravating for the sake of it, it is just my opinion that too much money is being needlessly diverted away from the task in hand.

Maybe I'm being unrealistic in my expectations, as someone said earlier, people want something for their money. I just thought we were in it to save the club and that was enough. I hope that does not come across as a criticism. It is not intended as such.

Not just the £2.50 manufacturing costs, there's also the £2.50 postal costs. Its the % loss of the money which I find staggering. Surely the common sense thing to do would be to just give the whole £12.50 to the fighting fund?

I usually have a positive outlook, so I'm not trying to be aggravating for the sake of it, it is just my opinion that too much money is being needlessly diverted away from the task in hand.

Maybe I'm being unrealistic in my expectations, as someone said earlier, people want something for their money. I just thought we were in it to save the club and that was enough. I hope that does not come across as a criticism. It is not intended as such.

Ok & points taken but the fighting fund isn't up and running yet. In the mean time we are raising thousands upon thousands in another way. I, like many others will also contribute to the fighting fund. I see the scarf campaign as an additional £7.50 per fan going to the club, not £2.50 lost. Try and look at it that way. Match tickets / Merchandise / most other shows of support for the club will also include a % that will not go to the club itself, however all are a good thing. Watp

I wonder if everyone saying these scarves arn't out colours and that we should stick to blue, white and red, are equally as opposed to the many orange scarves we see inside Ibrox?

I don't understand the level of abuse being directed towards this whole thing. Sure, yeah not the full 100% goes to Rangers but something is going to Rangers, and that something is better than nothing!

Everything we buy from Rangers, replica tops to flags & scarves, and DVDs to wee bloody rubber ducks, not 100% of that goes to the club, so should we not buy this stuff too?

OK now we have, or shortly will have, the RFFF as an alternative in which the full 100% goes to the club, (but as someone said you also have Paypal charges to pay for that. So not necessarily 100%) but that doesn't mean we stop all other revenues of money going to the club in order to give it to the RFFF.

Say we're not out of this mess by next season, is everyone who thinks buying a scarf is a stupid idea going to save their £40 that they would maybe normally spend on a new replica top and give it to the RFFF instead?

I just think every penny going to the club right now should be welcomed, what these guys have done is fantastic and I applaud them for getting up and doing something! :clap:

Know what to do, YOU set up this account. Go on. Then let us all know the details.

Thanks

We're already sponsoring tickets on this site. No diverted funds there.

different levels of support but it all helps (tu)

of course a cynic would point out the vat and booking fee.

infact why is so much of this sponsors seat money not going to the club. it should be put to tfff. I am angry.

not really angry of course just mock outrage.

This whole idea was off the ground before the RFF was even mentioned so fair play to the 2 guys who came up with the idea.

Some of the negativity is astounding and if we want to start breaking down what % of every penny spent on following Rangers actually end up going to Rangers then we will be here a while.

For example we shouldnt buy ANYTHING in the shop as its very unlikely we will get anymore money from JJB. And buying kids tickets would be a no no as POTENTIALLY it COULD stop a fully paying adult from going to the match. But even then, some of the money at the ticket office goes to a booking fee if bought online or on the phone (which you also have to pay 10p a minute for).

Either buy a scarf or dont. Please just dont moan at the guys who buy them and definitely dont moan about the guys who put their head above the parapet and put their money and time into this project.

:dry: Fucking red & black scarves................*kicks cat*

It would probably be more cost effective to pay one guy with a (white) van to deliver the lot. For 20% of the £10k spent on postage costs. I could He could just post any overseas orders as normal.

:pipe:

Now I'm apoplectic!

This whole idea was off the ground before the RFF was even mentioned so fair play to the 2 guys who came up with the idea.

Some of the negativity is astounding and if we want to start breaking down what % of every penny spent on following Rangers actually end up going to Rangers then we will be here a while.

For example we shouldnt buy ANYTHING in the shop as its very unlikely we will get anymore money from JJB. And buying kids tickets would be a no no as POTENTIALLY it COULD stop a fully paying adult from going to the match. But even then, some of the money at the ticket office goes to a booking fee if bought online or on the phone (which you also have to pay 10p a minute for).

Either buy a scarf or dont. Please just dont moan at the guys who buy them and definitely dont moan about the guys who put their head above the parapet and put their money and time into this project.

Chill out mate, no fucker listens to me anyway. :D

:dry: Fucking red & black scarves................*kicks cat*

It would probably be more cost effective to pay one guy with a (white) van to deliver the lot. For 20% of the £10k spent on postage costs. I could He could just post any overseas orders as normal.

:pipe:

Now I'm apoplectic!

Don't be because you are correct :P

Also you are forgetting about the VAT that Rangers will be charged for the sale of the ticket?

If the Ticket is worth say £25 then £5 of that is VAT.

So really if you buy this scarf and pay £12.50 only £5 of that is going to the club.

Thats the club missing out on over half of what you're giving to the club.

Do your sums please people instead of buying this wait until the fighting fund is up and running.

These crappy coloured scarfs are costing the club thousands never mind it making them thousands.