Who's Next

bailbo

so basically even if rangers win there EBT case the HMRC will chase us through every court in the land,until someone says they've won ? that way they force us or any company that used them to cave in and agree a deal even though they lost ? so who next are the big superstars who use off shore companies to own there house but rent it back to themselves next. seems the HMRC are picky about who they chase. Murray was right when we were paying over the odds for scots players, these teams were only to happy to take the money now the knives are out, we will be back and stronger fuck the lot of them.

so basically even if rangers win there EBT case the HMRC will chase us through every court in the land,until someone says they've won ? that way they force us or any company that used them to cave in and agree a deal even though they lost ? so who next are the big superstars who use off shore companies to own there house but rent it back to themselves next. seems the HMRC are picky about who they chase. Murray was right when we were paying over the odds for scots players, these teams were only to happy to take the money now the knives are out, we will be back and stronger fuck the lot of them.

What teams?

Says who ?

http://youtu.be/K9cEWV_CPh4 murray clearly says Alot of others were using them up till 2010 companies and teams. the expert basically says on the vid that HMRC will chase us through every court even if we win, so clearly that will bankrupt anyone or force them into a deal

Ah so an "expert" who has seen none of the evidence presented in court and is not privvy to the discussions between administrators and HMRC knwos better than the administrators.

Your viewpoint is interesting to me.... :sherlock:

http://youtu.be/K9cEWV_CPh4 murray clearly says Alot of others were using them up till 2010 companies and teams. the expert basically says on the vid that HMRC will chase us through every court even if we win, so clearly that will bankrupt anyone or force them into a deal

I'm sure its been well documented that they where looking to set a precident with our case to eventualy pursue others.

dont know if that came from HMRC or someone else filling in the gaps.

dwont think they'll all be football clubs or even sports people tho.

could be a few fat cats in line.

Even if we do a deal they won't get half of what they were looking for.

EBT's were legal up till 2010, but if they are part of a contarct you must pay tax/insurance on them it's only if you make payments 'Discretionary' they cant touch you, thats what Rangers have to prove was the case

I'm sure its been well documented that they where looking to set a precident with our case to eventualy pursue others.

dont know if that came from HMRC or someone else filling in the gaps.

dwont think they'll all be football clubs or even sports people tho.

could be a few fat cats in line.

Well documented by who ?

Well documented by who ?

the media.

as I said tho, dont know where they got that conclusion from HMRC or thier own crystal ball experts they wheel out every now and then.

It has been said on a few occasion that they are not really interested in the bootom line, but more the overall result and they have been using this a test case effectively to see how viable it is to pursue other in the same position.

to clear this up abit the 'Expert' on the video, is supposed to be an EBT 'Expert' he has not seen all the evidence his view is based on what you are aloud to use them for,companies and teams use them / used. but HMRC decided to ban them in 2010, and then chase anyone they think broke the rules i.e US. murray clearly states he thinks they were looking for a big case to win then the rest will shit themselves.

the media.

as I said tho, dont know where they got that conclusion from HMRC or thier own crystal ball experts they wheel out every now and then.

It has been said on a few occasion that they are not really interested in the bootom line, but more the overall result and they have been using this a test case effectively to see how viable it is to pursue other in the same position.

Ah the media...i stand corrected :disappointment:

to clear this up abit the 'Expert' on the video, is supposed to be an EBT 'Expert' he has not seen all the evidence his view is based on what you are aloud to use them for,companies and teams use them / used. but HMRC decided to ban them in 2010, and then chase anyone they think broke the rules i.e US. murray clearly states he thinks they were looking for a big case to win then the rest will shit themselves.

So he has seen no evidence and doesn't know how we applied them or any of the circumstances.....Is that what you would describe as an expert?

Ah the media...i stand corrected :disappointment:

didnt see how you where wrong in the first place....

I'm just saying its been mentioned in the media a few times, on here and other blogs also.

again not sure how much there is behind it, but maybe someone else knows either way as it will be an important part of any "deal" we broker with HMRC

So he has seen no evidence and doesn't know how we applied them or any of the circumstances.....Is that what you would describe as an expert?

lol read what i said, he's an Expert on EBT's and how they should be apllied, so basically he's saying if we did not use them in the way they were ment we are fucked.he cant say if we will win or lose but clearly if we used them properly we are fine,thats what everyone is watching, he clearly says even if Rangers win this case HMRC will take it to every court possible, which most companies cant afford as the HMRC have unlimited resources. so at the end of the day the point is if murray used them as they were ment Rangers should be fine. HMRC might not accept this and drag us through the courts which will take years and money, is anyone gonna touch us with that prospect ?

Whatever happens, it won't set a precedent anywhere, so thats just timspeak.

HMRC cannot simply mount appeals (neither can we)

Before an appeal can be considered it must be shown that there has been a material error in law.

If we win this, HMRC will go away.

lol read what i said, he's an Expert on EBT's and how they should be apllied, so basically he's saying if we did not use them in the way they were ment we are fucked.he cant say if we will win or lose but clearly if we used them properly we are fine,thats what everyone is watching, he clearly says even if Rangers win this case HMRC will take it to every court possible, which most companies cant afford as the HMRC have unlimited resources. so at the end of the day the point is if murray used them as they were ment Rangers should be fine. HMRC might not accept this and drag us through the courts which will take years and money, is anyone gonna touch us with that prospect ?

How does he know, has he spoken to HMRC, is the claim that every case they lose they drag the person through every court...this is very silly stuff lapped up by the gullible and the filth.

Tabloid journalisim at its worse

I've been critical of Murray but he was bang on last night. I liked his fighting talk as well. Still sounds like a Rangers man through and through to me!

The wife has experience of dealing with hmrc. And at the time this started she warned they wouldnt cave in.

Thats why any new owner will want a deal done, as this will always hang over us. And who'll want to do business with us knowing hmrc could hit them with a £75m bill at some point.

Alky Brazil was saying yesterday that he was talking to a tax expert / lawyer / accountant (I can;t remember the exact phrase the alky used), he said that the tax bill will be well over-hyped and he would expect any bill to be in the region of £10M to £15M.

clearly afew never watched the video, firstly HMRC have a right of appeal should they lose the first hearing same as we do, that will be the bit were they always say 'you have a right of appeal'. like in any court even if it was murder, would you not appeal the conviction ? any person or company has the right to take there fight to a higher court. do people really think HMRC are gonna walk away after losing a major tax case because they will look real fannies for bringing it only to lose, waste tax payers time and money plus have to probably pay our bill aswell. and you dont need new evidence to get an appeal you only have to claim unfair trial or biased, a new court has to review any such claim.there is even one claim HMRC have E-Mails sent from rangers to agents that could blow us right out the water,i suppose we just have to wait but the longer this continues rangers suffer one way or the other.http://youtu.be/K9cEWV_CPh4