Remember the two Russians...

Superb! I reckon that might have been Kuznetsov's only goal for us, am I right? I was lying prostrate in a hospital bed listening to that game on the radio, having broken my back in a car crash on December 30th. As each goal went in I was ecstatic, followed quickly by "Oh fucksake that's really sore!". Not much in the way of jumping about was done that day, but boy I really enjoyed it!

What a game. Really should have taken more off them that day, 3-0 up at half time, I was expecting us to come out and give it more of the same in the 2nd half. Still it was a great win nonetheless. Bheggars losing the plot all over the place. Brilliant. Where you there?

Yip, the Mars bar New Year game, those bhastards threw everything they could get their hands on into the ra sellic directors box. Ended up later that night at one fo the players house for a party 21.gif

Both of them Ukrainian 00000042.gif

Thank you. I thought they might be. Didn't Dynamo Kiev supply the whole Soviet first team at Euro 88? Some truly outstanding players, as well ... Aleinikov and the memorably named Rats, as well as Mikhailichenko and Kuznetzov.

I think big Oleg was born in East Germany. The pesky Russians probably snatched him when they realised he was quite guid!

Alexei might still hold the record of being the only player to win domestic championships in 3 consecutive seasons with 3 different clubs. Some player. I remember thinking that sometimes he was a bit "work shy", but if you watch highlights of the home tie against Marseille, he tracks back, tackles and wins the ball from Pele for Durrant to set up Hateley's equaliser. Magic moments. One of my fave memories of the big chap.

That commentator on that clip was always a bastard. He used to drool over that cunt McStay.

Sorry if I got their nationality wrong doh

Didn't really get it wrong ... most people referred to Soviets as Russians regardless of their ethnic origin.

Thank you. I thought they might be. Didn't Dynamo Kiev supply the whole Soviet first team at Euro 88? Some truly outstanding players, as well ... Aleinikov and the memorably named Rats, as well as Mikhailichenko and Kuznetzov.

I recall Gary Stevens telling me Mikallichenko was coming to the club and saying what a world class midfield player he was. At the training games he was running riot against Gough and the rest , nutmegs and flicking balls over, then suddenly turned up wearing two jackets and standing about disinterested ................. used to say to Walter....Alexi midfield player not linesman. Walter used to get him to hug the line and he didn't like that .

I think big Oleg was born in East Germany. The pesky Russians probably snatched him when they realised he was quite guid!

Alexei might still hold the record of being the only player to win domestic championships in 3 consecutive seasons with 3 different clubs. Some player. I remember thinking that sometimes he was a bit "work shy", but if you watch highlights of the home tie against Marseille, he tracks back, tackles and wins the ball from Pele for Durrant to set up Hateley's equaliser. Magic moments. One of my fave memories of the big chap.

Think Cantona & Ibrahimavic also did this.

Also I met both of them in Orkney St. Polis Stn one night!

What a game. Really should have taken more off them that day, 3-0 up at half time, I was expecting us to come out and give it more of the same in the 2nd half. Still it was a great win nonetheless. Bheggars losing the plot all over the place. Brilliant. Where you there?

JOCK BROWNS COMMENT ITS A CELTIC SUPPORTER WHOSE LOST THE PLACE ALLY MAXWELL SHOULD HAVE PUT THE BOOT INTO HIM 10 RAPID

I saw big Oleg the day after that game, of all places in Coatbridge Asda.

Re the commentator, considering Jock Brown's background he always sounded as if he hated Rangers with a passion. I remember when big Hateley scored his second against the Sheep in the title decider of 1991, Brown was screaming for offside. He had a law practice and I know of at least one rhabid tarrier who worked with him, then of course he became Chief Exec at the San Giro.

This match was the week before my wedding. It just about wrote my speech for me, giving me loads of material for a "mixed" audience. The first game I had taken my then girlfriend to was the league decider against Hearts in 89. We were married with two kids before we relinquished the title again.

I saw big Oleg the day after that game, of all places in Coatbridge Asda.

Re the commentator, considering Jock Brown's background he always sounded as if he hated Rangers with a passion. I remember when big Hateley scored his second against the Sheep in the title decider of 1991, Brown was screaming for offside. He had a law practice and I know of at least one rhabid tarrier who worked with him, then of course he became Chief Exec at the San Giro.

He did really well over at tintown and the Celtic family really embraced him :rolleyes: