2 bidders newco, 2 CVA,other?

Four, possibly five bids expected for Rangers

Football News 24/7

According to the BBC, Glasgow Rangers' administrator is expecting four or five final bids for the club - and they understand Brian Kennedy will be one of them despite the Sale Sharks owner having an initial offer turned away.

They also revealed that current owner Craig Whyte has stated that he would not be a barrier to a sale to any of the prospective buyers of the Scottish champions.

Meanwhile, administrator Duff & Phelps is investigating the consequences of liquidation with football authorities.

“We are obliged, as part of our statutory duties, to put forward our initial report and statement of proposals to creditors by 5 April”

The administrator has confirmed that it has started negotiations with the Scottish Premier League, the Scottish Football Association and Uefa in anticipation of the formation of a so-called newco Rangers should that course of action be followed by a new prospective owner.

Rangers have applied to European football's governining body for participation in its competitions - the Champions League and Europa League - next season despite having missed the 31 March cut-off for securing a licence and being told there would no extension granted.

Two of the likely bidders are considering the newco route as well as a company voluntary agreement, reached with current creditors, while two others are exclusively going down the CVA route.

That news came hours after it emerged that the Blue Knights has broadly agreed a deal with Ticketus, to whom Whyte sold several years of future season ticket sales before putting the club into administration, to wipe £17m off the club's debt.

The consortium led by former Rangers director Murray will continue negotiations overnight with the aim of having Ticketus as part of its offer.

Whyte insists that suggestions he has agreed to transfer his shares to the Blue Knights is premature, although he stresses that he would not be difficult to deal with for any of the bidders.

Murray's Blue Knights hope to agree a takeover bid involving Ticketus

Joint administrator David Whitehouse said: "What I am told today is that those parties who we are still in negotiation with who are discussing a CVA, none of those parties are coming to me and saying they haven't been able to agree a transfer.

"Those which are conditional upon a transfer of his shares, as I understand it, he has agreed with them.

"As we sit here today, he is not being a barrier to the Blue Knights deal."

A US group fronted by Club 9 Sports and a consortium from Singapore are the other knows bidders, while another UK-based consortium appeared to have dropped out the running last week.

"At the moment, we would expect four bids to come in and possibly a fifth," said Whitehouse

"We have had quite detailed conversations with those parties over the last week and particularly the last 48 hours.

"We want to conclude a process so that we can be in new ownership by the end of the season.

"While there are a number of different options to achieve that, all would involve the continuation of the football club as a business."

Whitehouse stressed that even liquidation would not mean the closure of the club, which would simply continue to operate as a new entity.

"To achieve that, you would obviously need SFA, SPL and, to a lesser extent, Uefa agreement and buy-in and we have been in dialogue with all those parties," he said.

"What we have also discussed with interest parties is the concept of a hybrid of both whereby they could buy the business into a newco but trade it through the existing company to preserve the SPL share."

Well thats cleared everything up.......<cr>

I am at a loss with this now, and i just cannot see us survive any form of liquidation or hybred whatever you want to call it.

A Newco as they call it ,will not be allowed to exist in Scottish Football IMO ,and I am sure any thought or plans of us to return to the SPL will have severe penalties that would cripple any Newco.

.The whole of Scottish Football despise our Club.IMO.I dont want Liquidation in any form.

Sick of this Shit.

I am at a loss with this now, and i just cannot see us survive any form of liquidation or hybred whatever you want to call it.

A Newco as they call it ,will not be allowed to exist in Scottish Football IMO ,and I am sure any thought or plans of us to return to the SPL will have severe penalties that would cripple any Newco.

.The whole of Scottish Football despise our Club.IMO.I dont want Liquidation in any form.

Sick of this Shit.

Newco Scenario One - Liquidate Rangers in it's entirety, change name, re-apply for entry into all applicable footballing bodies as a new club with the name Rangers 2012/ Rangers 1872 etc.

Newco Scenario Two - Make assets (Ibrox, players, staff, badge, Murray Park etc) safe by having the owner prematurely buy them AND the company, then liquidate the company. Then secure all assets under newly formed company. So... Assets never destroyed, history preserved and able to be built upon without a break, also no need to re-apply to footballing bodies, as the "club" was never liquidated, merely the a switch in companies, liquidating the older, useless one.

Am I right with that? I'm no finance expert, that's just what I've taken from several posts on here and whatever sources that have popped up.

Newco Scenario One - Liquidate Rangers in it's entirety, change name, re-apply for entry into all applicable footballing bodies as a new club with the name Rangers 2012/ Rangers 1872 etc.

Newco Scenario Two - Make assets (Ibrox, players, staff, badge, Murray Park etc) safe by having the owner prematurely buy them AND the company, then liquidate the company. Then secure all assets under newly formed company. So... Assets never destroyed, history preserved and able to be built upon without a break, also no need to re-apply to footballing bodies, as the "club" was never liquidated, merely the a switch in companies, liquidating the older, useless one.

Am I right with that? I'm no finance expert, that's just what I've taken from several posts on here and whatever sources that have popped up.

thats what i got from it. Would be a excellent idea, if possible.

I think your right with scenario two, the fact that they speak of retaining the SPL share we currently have points to that in my book, I've been thinking that this is what will happen for a while now and we will follow the same path as Leeds did though I would rather we preserved the entire company and got out of this via a CVA.

My main concern is that Whyte wouldn't have filed that last action of his to strengthen his position if he wasn't holding out for one more pay day. There may be perfectly good bids out there that may be scuppered because of whyte's demands. Personally I hope the scumbag gets nothing but a cell in HMP Barlinnie.

I think scenario 2 still has football sanctions.

If it didn't I think Paul Murray would be looking to do this aswell

If we go into liquidation and follow scenario 2 and still remain the same club then surely we will just then as the same club be liable to ,,or inherit that Clubs debts,,, im sure it wont be that easy to escape from HMRC that way,,,,sounds like wanting your cake and eating it imo.

No expert like and maybe missing something but just dosent seem plausible imo.