So that'll be the 3rd Division plan screwed then

The Dude

Amidst all the goings on of this evening I noticed theres been little chat of Div 3. HOWEVER, given the circumstances could this now be the leverage needed to get us into the English football system. Of all the clubs who play 'abroad' Derry City jumped out at me. Seemingly they were removed from the IFA for 'political reasons'. Now whilst I'm in no way comparing our situation with that one, it could give us a helpful precedent in leaving Scotland. If, as hoped, we appeal these measures to the very last and can show that the SFA have acted in a manner in which to deliberately hinder us then could UEFA have any argument if we requested diispensation to play 'abroad'.

Although we wouldn't get to enter at Championship/Premiership level lets say Blue Square Premier (BSP), for arguments sake, We could allow higher earning players to leave to build a sizeable 'fighting fund' to aid our pursuit of the Premiership. Long term season ticket deals at reduced prices would help maintain a well attended Ibrox which would have a wide range of other benefits. Younger players would get experience playing through the leagues too. Extra dates in midweeks due to no europe could see 'high profile'friendlies to raise further funds etc and I think you would always pick up more commercial interest simply by playing in the English leagues.

Of course this is mainly a distraction from everything else going on, I thought it would be an interesting view to explore.

Amidst all the goings on of this evening I noticed theres been little chat of Div 3. HOWEVER, given the circumstances could this now be the leverage needed to get us into the English football system. Of all the clubs who play 'abroad' Derry City jumped out at me. Seemingly they were removed from the IFA for 'political reasons'. Now whilst I'm in no way comparing our situation with that one, it could give us a helpful precedent in leaving Scotland. If, as hoped, we appeal these measures to the very last and can show that the SFA have acted in a manner in which to deliberately hinder us then could UEFA have any argument if we requested diispensation to play 'abroad'.

Although we wouldn't get to enter at Championship/Premiership level lets say Blue Square Premier (BSP), for arguments sake, We could allow higher earning players to leave to build a sizeable 'fighting fund' to aid our pursuit of the Premiership. Long term season ticket deals at reduced prices would help maintain a well attended Ibrox which would have a wide range of other benefits. Younger players would get experience playing through the leagues too. Extra dates in midweeks due to no europe could see 'high profile'friendlies to raise further funds etc and I think you would always pick up more commercial interest simply by playing in the English leagues.

Of course this is mainly a distraction from everything else going on, I thought it would be an interesting view to explore.

I like it.