D&P on Radio Scotland at 2pm

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

According to BBC Radio .... David Whitehouse.......

1. 2 bids - Miller conditional on SPL decisions. Miller expects by early next week he should hear from SPL

2. TBK bid is substantially lower than 13 mill. It's between 5 and 13 mill !! "A challenge for creditors to accept as it stands."

3. A target figure has not been given by D&P, but have given a range....."to get to a commercial bid"

4. Miller is highest, but D&P expects both bids to have the same conditions.

5. Miller’s bid “is not liquidation” and PM’s comment “was unhelpful”.

6. When in a position..? … “when we have a bid that is acceptable to creditors. Miller’s bid meets that level but subject to the SPL conditions issue.”

7. He doesn’t expect either bid will be settled by the end of this week.

8. Are we closer to liquidation ?……”No, I don’t think so”

9. BTC verdict – no indication when. Even HMRC doesn’t know when.

hmmmm...

My take is that the Admins are trying hard to get TBK to step up because they are more "comfortable" with them than Miller....BUT unless TBK puts substantially more money on the table (why are they so low...??), IF Miller gets a clearer read-out from SPL, then Miller will be declared PB. TBK needs to get real in terms of money !!!!!!

My take is that the Admins are trying hard to get TBK to step up because they are more "comfortable" with them than Miller....BUT unless TBK puts substantially more money on the table (why are they so low...??), IF Miller gets a clearer read-out from SPL, then Miller will be declared PB. TBK needs to get real in terms of money !!!!!!

agreed mate.

also Miller's bid leaves d & p still earning money.

Give it a rest , fuck if mini tried to but the club for £1.5 m , I could have tried that myself..........and he would make up the rest by selling players.

mini get tae fuck.

And if you fucking listened to the fucking interview, you would drop this stupid fucking bashing about money they earn.

Mini has fuckin failed failed, that bid that was outlined was a disgrace and a slap in the face to the club he loves.

How do you figure that out, more comfortable with the bluknights ?

Give it a rest , fuck if mini tried to but the club for £1.5 m , I could have tried that myself..........and he would make up the rest by selling players.

mini get tae fuck.

And if you fucking listened to the fucking interview, you would drop this stupid fucking bashing about money they earn.

Mini has fuckin failed failed, that bid that was outlined was a disgrace and a slap in the face to the club he loves.

no point outbidding an unworkable bid.

Do the Blue Knights have any intention of taking over with their own cash? If the figures mentioned are correct then you have to wonder. They have had since February to pull a package together but it seems they have very little money or are prepared to put little of their own in, relying on Ticketus and Kennedy. Those of us who have paid into the fighting fund have probably already out more into rangers than the TBKs intend to. Hope I'm wrong.....

How do you figure that out, more comfortable with the bluknights ?

Well firstly it is just my opinion.....!!

I think they see TBK as being more Rangers people than Miller, and as such, in THEIR minds at least, TBK would be better for the Club as a football club.

What I don't get is, if Miller's bid is not liquidation then why is he dependent on the SPL sanctions? No liquidation means no SPL sanctions to worry about.

its because he wants to use the incubator company and keep the original company running (no liquidation) till all the debts/cva can be worked out then merge back together, he wants to know that his semi newco wont carry any penalties

Well obviously nothing in life is 100% guaranteed, but believe me, TBK will not liquidate us (tu)

An offer of £5m to creditors who could potential total £126m (I've taken off the debentures), is exactly the sort of thing that will make a CVA impossible, and that will make liquidation a certainty.

oh for fuck sake. :anguish:

Liquidation has been mentioned by bks (fact also).

They have said they do not want to go there but it has been mentioned.

I agree with you there is more chance of liquidation with Miller bid bye the way.

You have offered no further info to categorically 100% confirm there will be no liquidation with the bks.

Until you do and say something constructive why just swear with wee sad faces as a comment.

It is achieving nothing whilst others actively debate the bids and try to make their own minds up.

Your mind is made up which i respect, just let me make mine up please.

Do the Blue Knights have any intention of taking over with their own cash? If the figures mentioned are correct then you have to wonder. They have had since February to pull a package together but it seems they have very little money or are prepared to put little of their own in, relying on Ticketus and Kennedy. Those of us who have paid into the fighting fund have probably already out more into rangers than the TBKs intend to. Hope I'm wrong.....

No.

I thought this lot had a half-dozen people who could "buy and sell" Miller? Or at least that's what a little bird around these parts told me... 10310.gif

Rangers: Administrators expect revised Blue Knights bid

Administrator David Whitehouse expects a revised bid for Rangers from the Blue Knights as their current offer would be "a challenge for creditors to accept".

Brian Kennedy joined the Blue Knights' attempts to rival Bill Miller's bid.

"Both parties know the bid has got to be commercially at a level, which would be acceptable to creditors," Whitehouse told BBC Scotland.

"Bill Miller's bid is acceptable at that level. The only barrier to Bill Miller's bid is regulatory clearance."

American Miller is seeking assurances from Scotland's football authorities that Rangers will face no further sanctions ahead of next season, with the Ibrox club having already incurred a 10-point Scottish Premier League penalty for going into administration.

"We are hopeful that, within a very short space of time, the assurances that Bill Miller needs in relation to his bid can be delivered by the relevant authorities," said Whitehouse.

"We would hope that at the very early part of next week, Bill Miller's bid will be clarified whether he can proceed or not."

BBC Scotland understands Miller's bid for Rangers is worth significantly more than that of the Blue Knights.

"It's been publicised that [the Blue Knights] bid in quantum terms is £13m," said Whitehouse.

"That is not correct, it's very substantially lower than that and we have been in ongoing dialogue with Brian Kennedy on behalf of the Blue Knights during the course of today [saturday] and we understand that he may be revising his bid during the course of today; certainly over the next 24 hours.

"What we're saying to Brian Kennedy and the Blue Knights is we are encouraging them to re-visit that offer and get it at a level where commercially it may be acceptable to the creditors.

"We're not in a position to quote a figure, they know a range. Bill Miller's bid is in the public domain and they have got a clear indication of the range of numbers which would be deliverable in other scenarios.

"We're not in a position to quote a figure, they know a range. Bill Miller's bid is in the public domain and they have got a clear indication of the range of numbers which would be deliverable in other scenarios.

Whitehouse, whose firm Duff & Phelps were appointed administrators in February, also encouraged bidders not to engage in debate "dealing with the other's bid in a negative manner".