Move from Ibrox or let Whyte profit?

Hi all,

I think that a NewCo is becoming a more likely outcome to our troubles with everyday that passes.

I am actually fairly satisfied with this as I believe it will strengthen the club in the long run.

Do not believe the press when they say that a NewCo means Rangers will be liquidated. This is not true. Rangers will have been transferred safely to a NewCo before an old company is wound up. The media are spinning this to make us think it is the end.

Look at the case of Leeds United. In 2007, they failed to agree a CVA instead doing an asset sale to a NewCo. The old company was then wound up and the creditors got a share of the £1.7m from a CVL. The press report them as having being 'saved from liquidation' even though the company formed in 1920 was officially wound up.

The club can be sold from the company without Whytes consent. This includes the Players, the Trading Rights, and many other assets.

However, Ibrox and Murray Park may be much more complicated. Whyte has a floating/fixed share. Im not going to pretend I know the ins and outs of this agreement as I have not seen the paperwork. I would guess with Whyte being as he is however, he will have ensured that he is safe on this. I believe he will have put an agreement in place that ensures that Ibrox and MP are secured on his name, using the ticketus deal to secure it.

What does this mean?

Well he is powerless to stop the sale of the club to a new bidder, but he may be able to hold onto Ibrox and MP and try to force an agreement to either sell or lease them back to us.

Would you be able to face us paying Craig Whyte a large sum every year to use or stadium, or would it be a better idea to take a stand and try to move to Hampden or build a new stadium?

As raging as I would be, I still think we would need to pay Whyte and stay at Ibrox.

Hopefully this claim on the assets can be challenged and removed, but as things currently stand, I dont think the above is too unrealistic.

Rangers need to be playing at Ibrox no matter what in my opinion. I can handle new co etc but we must remain at ibrox.

Otherwise it just wouldn't be Rangers.

If whyte makes a profit so be it.. he will get what he deserves eventually.( and I don't mean a profit)

Rangers need to be playing at Ibrox no matter what in my opinion. I can handle new co etc but we must remain at ibrox.

Otherwise it just wouldn't be Rangers.

If whyte makes a profit so be it.. he will get what he deserves eventually.( and I don't mean a profit)

I agree about ibrox but a newco wont be rangers unless it's one that still has our history if it doesn't it just isn't rangers

The NewCo will still have the history.

The history moves with the club, not the company.

Leeds still have their history, we are talking about using exactly the same method as them.

This idea about losing the history is panic stirring by the media. They will try to pass it off as fact however!

I agree about ibrox but a newco wont be rangers unless it's one that still has our history if it doesn't it just isn't rangers

as long as the club has the fans its the rangers as the fans is what the club is all about.

Dardo, as much as that is true, we need to take a harder line with this.

The press are claiming that we are somehow going to officially lose our history. We have to begin to challenge this.

I dont like this passive approach where we say 'you cant erase our memories, thats what counts' as the Craig Burley is stating clearly on TV that 'We have never won any trophies'.

Im sorry but our approach should be that 'The media are talking crap. Legally we maintain our history by transferring the goodwill to the NewCo'. As Celtic have proven the last few years, you need to use the legal system to your advantage when you can, otherwise you will just get shat on.

Dardo, as much as that is true, we need to take a harder line with this.

The press are claiming that we are somehow going to officially lose our history. We have to begin to challenge this.

I dont like this passive approach where we say 'you cant erase our memories, thats what counts' as the Craig Burley is stating clearly on TV that 'We have never won any trophies'.

Im sorry but our approach should be that 'The media are talking crap. Legally we maintain our history by transferring the goodwill to the NewCo'. As Celtic have proven the last few years, you need to use the legal system to your advantage when you can, otherwise you will just get shat on.

we wont lose our history if we go down the newco route. The media here can write whatever they like rite now but once/if a newco happens they will realise they are talking a crock of shite and soon change their tune.

The NewCo will still have the history.

The history moves with the club, not the company.

Leeds still have their history, we are talking about using exactly the same method as them.

This idea about losing the history is panic stirring by the media. They will try to pass it off as fact however!

This is true, but it wont be a "NewCo". So no need to worry imo.